Mia05
Inez Maria
Rachel33
9 posters

Go down

My poor Bug :( Empty My poor Bug :(

Post by Rachel33 Thu Apr 30 2015, 17:04

What a walk!

Funny part to start - walking in the field doing some training/play on the long line, thought I saw a woman with a Scottie dog and then she disappeared? Carried on the walk and spotted the woman who had climbed into a bush and hidden with her dog?! Walked past and said "No Bug don't go and say hello to the woman hidden in the bush!" Who then came out looking rather embarrassed...

Left the field to go to the vets, walking along the pavement and a dog comes running across the road off lead, no owner in sight and stuck it's nose straight up Bug's toosh!! Bug froze, que owner dawdling over! I shout "if you can't control her keep her on lead, can you please come and get your dog! My dog is very nervous!" To which she LAUGHS and says "don't be silly, if you don't let them off how do you train them. She's a Tibetan terrier and that's what they do!" .... I then say "I know what she is, and that is NOT TRAINED! Now get your dog back on a lead!" By now the dog is back running around in the middle of the road, in between bounding up and getting in Bug's face, Bug is still doing SO well but I can see she is about to tell her off. The lady replies "she's fine when she's on her own, you don't need to be rude, I'll try and get her back but it's very hard" Noe Bug starts barking/lunging and her dog starts going back at Bug! She still can't get her dog back so I scoop Bug up under my arm and walk away, she now panics and then grabs her dog who then BITES her! And tells me that MY dog is aggressive!!!!!

After all of this Bug then has to go into the vets to have her stitches removed, but luckily LOVES the nurses and had some snugs whilst I told them her sob story.
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

My poor Bug :( Empty Re: My poor Bug :(

Post by Guest Thu Apr 30 2015, 18:19

I'm just making a mental note not to get a Tibetan Terrier, if that's what they do. It does seem to be the rule that terrier owners believe their dogs don't need training because, well, they're terriers so there's no point really is there?

It sounds like Bug was a pretty good girl. But then we knew that, didn't we?

And as for the lady hiding in the bushes... a gem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Inez Maria Thu Apr 30 2015, 19:12

Aww Bis, ruddy people Vin was once surrounded by about ten of Tibetan Terriers hence to say none on leads! Surprised

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

My poor Bug :( B110
Inez Maria
Inez Maria

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Vinnie
Dog(s) Ages : 11/08/2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 2596

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia05 Thu Apr 30 2015, 20:16

i dnt know what a tibetan terrier is but if its anything like a jack russell ill say no more well done wee bug for being so tolerant. Hiding in the bushes for goodness sake.

My poor Bug :( B310
Mia05
Mia05
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 2005-2016 rip mia
Support total : 1317

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Thu Apr 30 2015, 20:31

Some people are just plain stupid. Bug was provoked time and again and you had asked for her dog to be controlled, how the hell can she then turn round and have a go at you Surprised

-Ian-
-Ian-

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by KMack02 Thu Apr 30 2015, 21:54

We've not had our first walk yet but am fully prepared for the idiots it so undoubtedly sounds like we will come across Laughing

Well done Bug for being so tolerant!!

As for hiding in the bushes maybe she needed a wee. When you gotta go you gotta go right? Laughing
KMack02
KMack02
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pepper
Dog(s) Ages : 5 months
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by VikkiGT4 Fri May 01 2015, 08:42

Well done Bug - good girl Smile

Some people are just ridiculous.  We have a Polish lady that takes her "wild/out of control" Alsatian on our field.  She just sits on a bench and lets the dog run around like a lunatic!  He's tried to mount Knox on a few occasions, the last of which I grabbed him by his collar, frog marched him over to her and simply said "Next time your dog tries to mount my dog I'm going to strangle you with his training lead" then walked off.

Haven't seen her for a while dont tell anyone lol
VikkiGT4
VikkiGT4
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Knox (RIP baby boy <3)
Support total : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistys Mum Fri May 01 2015, 10:41

Dogs off lead are the bane of my life. Why dont people keep control of them? Poor Bug, it sounds like she dealt with it wonderfully. Why dont people understand if you say your dog is nervous etc, they always come back with mine is friendly. They just think they know your dog better! I'm still trying to understand how Bug is aggressive when the other dog was the one biting!! It's nice that she had a good time at the vets after that.

Mistys Mum
Mistys Mum

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Misty
Dog(s) Ages : 16 months
Support total : 523

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamer41 Fri May 01 2015, 17:21

OMG I'm glad it's not just us that suffer from stupido dog owners!
I've lost count of how many arguments we have had with dog owners - their dogs off lead bounding towards us, we're shouting for them to get their dogs, and then get the usual 'oh he/she's friendly' or 'your dog should be muzzled'! Or even that I should be muzzled!
But you know, I'm very protective of my furbys, and Bailey (RIP my love) was attacked twice by boy dogs and had little tolerance of boy dogs since, but other owners don't know this and don't appreciate that not all dogs get on with each other!
When he was attacked the 2nd time, I was screaming at the man to get his dog, and he just ambled over. Then, when I saw the deep gash in Baileys leg down to the bone, the owner gave me false details so I had to pay for the vet treatment!
My tolerance levels for stupid owners over the past 9 years are virtually non-existent!!
Some people think as soon as they get in the park/field wherever, they let the dog off and then assume all the dogs will go running off together playing happily. They don't realise it's not like that. And they don't like being told!
I am sick and tired of dog owners who do not know how to control their dogs and then blame us for their ignorance!
dreamer41
dreamer41
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bailey and Shadow
Dog(s) Ages : 9 and 6
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealpig Fri May 01 2015, 18:03

Well done Bug!! She did very well and am sure has a very proud mum! Some owners are just incredibly ignorant and don't put the effort into educating themselves unfortunately. Well done for keeping your cool too
Sealpig
Sealpig

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : Rio
Dog(s) Ages : 7.5 yrs
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down