Typical....

5 posters

Go down

Typical.... Empty Typical....

Post by jola139 Sat Feb 07 2015, 08:39

So we walking with DEbo in the park, he's off the lead , playing with another male dog. Can see a men approaching with male Jack Russell. The men doesn't pay much attention to his dog, both - Debo and the Jack Russell, saying hello, both relaxed. When suddenly JR's body has changed. Went all stiff. DEbo still relaxed but that was the moment when we called Debo back. Matbe that trigger the JR. He went for Debo. Debo react immediatly. Pin JR to the ground and growled at him, there was some teeth showing from JR. The men was walking until that moment. I called Debo and he came. My OH put him on the lead. I went back to the men to make sure that his dog was fine. Nd he went" You lucky he's fine, you should keep your dog on the lead". That was to much, I've told him, that it was his dog who's started and it's his to dog taht should be put on the lead. To which he respond: " I don't disaggree, but yours is dangerous". I just said, that DEbo was telling him off for being anoying dog, maybe he should train his dog. And asked were the logic is in his thinking. Is like if he attacked me and I fight back, I'll be the one to blame.....
jola139
jola139
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

Typical.... Empty Re: Typical....

Post by Hannah&Michael UK Sat Feb 07 2015, 09:22

You did nothing wrong you even called debo back, dont worry let it go over your head trust me other wise it will jist frustrate you more,

Hannah&Michael UK
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Typical.... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Sat Feb 07 2015, 15:59

Unfortunately some other breed owners think theirs are always so damn good but Staffs are obviously the bad nasty guys. Couldn't be further from the truth. You do need a thick skin sometimes and a nice few choice witty put downs don't go amiss Big Grin

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Typical.... B110
-Ian-
-Ian-
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by Inez Maria Sat Feb 07 2015, 17:41

Isnt it annoying as said you did the right thing, and put it down to sheer ignorance Smile

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Typical.... B110
Inez Maria
Inez Maria

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Vinnie
Dog(s) Ages : 11/08/2011
Support total : 2596

Back to top Go down

Post by Stan and Holly Sat Feb 07 2015, 20:01

Selective memory by the sounds of it, similar thing happened to my last Staffy Holly with a Doberman, the owner only paid attention to her telling it off and not what it was doing just prior to that. She had been on her walk and resting in a nice breeze and his owner was yapping to another woman and not watching her dog, it was full of beans and bored so saw Holly and thought, "you'll do" and proceeded to run back and forth shoulder barging her in the face to get a reaction. After the 4th bang in the face Holly decided enough was enough and followed the dog up and nipped it on the base of the ear to tell it to knock it off and show some respect, it worked. Naturally to this day the owner recalls my last dog as the one that bit her dog, no names etc. I should add that they met in the local vets another day and all was forgotten and fine. As I said selective memory. Funnily enough they've got another Doberman since and I've got Stanley.
Stan and Holly
Stan and Holly
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Typical.... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Stanley
Dog(s) Ages : 7 Years 4/6/10
Support total : 52

https://2img.net/i/fa/pbucket.gif