I was sooooo impressed with Charlie on last night's walk!

4 posters

Go down

I was sooooo impressed with Charlie on last night's walk! Empty I was sooooo impressed with Charlie on last night's walk!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22 2011, 14:13

I took Charlie for our usual evening walk down to the creek last night and we had a breakthrough with his ignoring me when other dogs are around!

I've posted before saying that I have 100% control over Charlie when there are just humans around, but he completely ignored me when there were other dogs around - he was only interested in playing. Well last night, whenever he caught sight of another dog, I made him sit and stay until the owner approached and made him wait until I'd asked the owner if they were happy to let Charlie play with their dog. Normally, when I see other dogs, I have to call Charlie straight back to me and put him on the lead until the other dogs have passed us by cos he would just charge off to them and ignore me when I called. Last night though he was good as gold, and, at one point, he went dashing off out of sight with a lab he was playing with, I called him, and he came STRAIGHT back even though he was in the middle of playing!!!! I was so so pleased with him.

Now if I could only get him to stop pulling my arm out of its socket when we're walking....... sigh.........

Back to top Go down

I was sooooo impressed with Charlie on last night's walk! Empty Re: I was sooooo impressed with Charlie on last night's walk!

Post by janey Wed Jun 22 2011, 14:18

Charlie you are a star !! One step at a time Shontelle, don't want to overload the pup Laughing
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

I was sooooo impressed with Charlie on last night's walk! Empty Re: I was sooooo impressed with Charlie on last night's walk!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22 2011, 14:20

The problem is, he doesn't pull like a pup!!

He is bloody huge now and so freakily strong. I want a really good harness that works but have no idea what to go for.

I need something soon though before my arm is permanently damaged!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22 2011, 14:26

Sooo very true. Suki will listen without anther dog as a distraction. If I unleash her she will focus on the one dog closest to her age and weight and engage in rough play. If I try to recall her she will give me a look as if saying "yeah, right I'm playing leave me alone" I may have to strart lifting weights agiain I dont want to s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22 2011, 14:32

That's the problem I had, but Charlie wasn't bothered about size or weight, he'd want to play with any dog he saw. I hope last night wasn't a one off. We didnt see any dogs this morning but hopefully we'll see some tonight and see if he's as good as he was last night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22 2011, 14:34

Great stuff Charlie thumbs up What a good boy you are.

I bet he got extra praise, love 'n cuddles for being such a good boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22 2011, 14:38

He certainly did. I was ridiculously happy with him and my hubby thought I was nuts when I came back in grinning like a fool Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22 2011, 14:43

For me, Suki tailores her level of play to correspond to the size of the dog she is interacting with. With a small dog she is sweet, with a larger dog a little more rough play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22 2011, 14:44

She is always sweet though and a great ambassador for the breed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22 2011, 14:50

She sounds like a fantastic dog, and an obvious credit to you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22 2011, 15:01

Wish IK cold take credit but she is a mommys girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22 2011, 15:05

I do still get nervous when she palys off leash with the 3-5 kg dogs or young children try to reach over her head or give her a kiss. Thankfully she is so sweet there is never a problem and since the breed is so rare here there are no sterotypes she is able to be a bell balanced and socailzed pup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22 2011, 15:08

charlie is a star

yeah

star

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22 2011, 16:17

Yah Charlie !!!! Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22 2011, 16:53

what a a star Chalie is!

i agree with JSTAFF woody tempers his playing style to the size of dog, last night he was with a yorkie and the little thing was just shaking looking at him, he didnt know what to do!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cody Thu Jun 23 2011, 08:46

Well done Charlie Smile sounds like such an amazing improvement, fingers crossed he continues to make you proud
Cody
Cody
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Cody
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23 2011, 13:38

Thanks guys. He was a little angel again last night. I'm very proud of him Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Jun 23 2011, 23:25

Awww bless him he has come a long way such a little fighter from the start and now making you so proud go charlie Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by billysgirl Mon Jun 27 2011, 13:40

Nice one Charlie your a star yeah

billysgirl

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down