Roxy only had HALF her walk this afternoon

4 posters

Go down

Roxy only had HALF her walk this afternoon Empty Roxy only had HALF her walk this afternoon

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21 2011, 07:07

My Mum was heading out for a walk this afternoon and said that if I put Roxys harness on she would take her along with her thumbs up Great stuff, coz (1) Roxy loves her walks, and (2) My mum is not at all impressed with Roxys energy levels in the house (that's putting it nicely) and (3) Mum never used to like walking Roxy coz she would pull so much with a collar, but thought she'd try again now that i've said she walks so much nicer on her harness.

Anyway, off they went..............not long after I got a phone call. It was my Mum and she was a bit flustered. As you can imagine, I had lots of worrying thoughts running through my head. She started to say that there was a big dog following them and would'nt leave Roxy alone. (by this stage I thought it must be attacking my baby girl) My mum had stopped near some landscapers who were working in the area and asked if Roxy could sit in there vehicle while she rang me. I jumped in my car, and went to rescue my poor mum and Roxy.

The dog was a big Male Rottweiller, and was apparently all over Roxy, sniffing etc....( it was not barking, growling or biting...just harrassing ) and she was crying and quite stressed by it all. She is a super friendly dog and usually does'nt have an issue when it comes to meeting others. She is 6 months old and booked in to be sterilsed in 2 days time. I hope she is not coming into season, as this will put us back a while.

The rottwieller had no collar or identification, which makes me mad. At least have a collar and tag so that if your dog gets out of your property or wanders off your contact details are there angry

Last edited by Loopy on Tue Jun 21 2011, 08:34; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Roxy only had HALF her walk this afternoon Empty Re: Roxy only had HALF her walk this afternoon

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21 2011, 08:15

I had the same thinig happen with Suki right before I got her spayed. They start to give off a scent before their first cycle that will attract male dogs. Sorry to her Roxy got scared but a Rottweiller with no owner or tags sniffing Suki would scare me to.

Back to top Go down

Roxy only had HALF her walk this afternoon Empty Re: Roxy only had HALF her walk this afternoon

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21 2011, 08:20

hig hugs to roxy, hope she was not too traumatised ,

>Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21 2011, 08:33

I think my Mum was more worried than Roxy, but it just makes me so mad that people don't have any form of I.D. on their animals for instances like this. No idea where it came from or who it belongs to.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Jun 21 2011, 09:48

Poor Roxy, exactly the same thing happened to me with Moo, it was pouring with rain and this big dog, no owners around kept trying to mount her. I was in tears trying to pick my big lump up, trying to run with her but this dog would not give up, it was so scary, a park warden saw what was going on and stuffed us both in his van, me in a bit of a state. She was in season already but I know how scary it is big hugs to you all and your mum xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21 2011, 09:48

Is Roxy okay now ??..... yes I can understand how scarey it would have been to get a phone call from your mum.. your mind must have gone wild... thank goodness the dog wasn't aggressive as otherwise she could be scared of rottweillers forever...
one of my pet hates too being harrassed by stray dogs with no identification gggrrr!!! angry
leave Roxy alone you big brute !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21 2011, 10:52

poor roxy Sad big hugs to her >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy Tue Jun 21 2011, 15:54

Poor Roxy, poor Rottweiler.
Staffy
Staffy
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Roxy only had HALF her walk this afternoon Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Tilly.
Dog Gender(s) : Female.
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21 2011, 16:46

Sounds like she may be coming into season - she's about the right age. Keep an eye on her!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21 2011, 17:00

... Roxy is being desexed this Thursday.. so that will be one less thing to worry about for Lisa ! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by citybeatx Tue Jun 21 2011, 17:18

Oww Poor Roxy Sad I dont blame you and your mum for being scared, if I've seen a Rottweiller with no ID (and no owner to start with!) I'd be scared too! Good that nothing has happend but tbh, this could of ended really bad, I hate irresponsible owners who dont know how to look after their dog properly! It gets me mad, grrr! I'm glad to know that Roxy is fine, good luck for when she goes in to be de-sexed! Lots of kisses for your little girl. Love Struck
citybeatx
citybeatx
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Roxy only had HALF her walk this afternoon Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Poppy & JRT Mylo.
Dog Gender(s) : Female/Male.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22 2011, 01:02

Thanx everybody for your concern Smile

Yep, Roxy is fine and my Mum just did'nt know what to do to get the dog away from her.

I'm keeping a very close eye on Roxy.....no sign of any bleeding in her lady area Blushing so fingers crossed we are still good to go for her sterilisation tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowboydave Wed Jun 22 2011, 03:36

Thats good to hear your mum and Roxy are all good..... On a different topic where did you get your harness from? I have been looking at website from the uk thinking they would make the best ones to suit Staffy's.
cowboydave
cowboydave
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stanley
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22 2011, 12:12

I got it from Better Pets and gardens, but you can get them from City Farmers too. It's a Kramer ( i think that's right....don't quote me though ) step in harness. It is her first harness, so only a basic model I was looking online today at padded harnesses and am liking the look of the Trixie Fleece lined Padded Harness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22 2011, 15:34

sorry to hijack your post but I got 2 harnesses of ebay for my boys.. the sellers name is Yip Yap Designer Dog Wear.... Jethro's purple harness and matching long lead was only $20 including delivery.. and it is made from lovely soft webbing, with good strong connections.... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down