crate during the night

Go down

crate during the night Empty crate during the night

Post by chloexxx Thu Jun 16 2011, 09:41

Ok Blake is now 11 weeks old and an very fast learner...

During the day with the help of good weather, and the doors being open all day Blake has not messed nor wee'd in the house for almost 1 week.. He understands the command wee wee and toilet.... Bless him if you tell him wee wee he will wee just 1 drop if thats all he has lol.... He has almost got the sit command too

problem is the crate at night.... We have put him in a smaller crate as the bigger one is too big for him, so he is in a medium sized crate. How do we teach him not to pooh in it.. He doesn't cry to alert us he needs the toilet, so we can't let him out so to speak. The crate has to be locked at night due to Chloe, but he is in there a maximum of 4 hours... I put him to bed about 1 o clock, hubby lets him out at 5 ish, then I get him up at 9, any ideas guys
chloexxx
chloexxx
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
crate during the night Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Chloe, Blake
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch/ Dog
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

crate during the night Empty Re: crate during the night

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16 2011, 15:40

He is still young so i wouldnt worry to much and he's only left in there for 4 hours so u cant get up 2 let him out anymore than that! All i can sugest is making his crate even smaller with a dividing wall so its "bed" size. He really wont want to mess his bed so it will encourage him to hold on and wait, but like i said he's young so u can expect accidents lol x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16 2011, 23:02

At 11 weeks he's still a baby! He will get there, but it may take a little while yet.

At that age a pup really doesn't have much control over his bowels or bladder & as soon as he wants to go, he goes!

Try feeding his last meal a little earlier, and then take him outside before he goes to bed so he can have a chance to poo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down