Funny story - cold weather

5 posters

Go down

Funny story - cold weather Empty Funny story - cold weather

Post by Lisa & Kuta Wed Jun 15 2011, 07:35

Here in North Queensland, we gon't get the coldest weather in winter, but it can be quite chilli in the mornings from time to time. It got down to 7 deg celcius this morning, not quite as cold as the UK I guess lol.
Anyway, we just bought a new king size bed and our old queens size quilt and linen is on a pile on the floor in our bedroom still. It may have to stay there now as Brutus had decided it is a nice comfy spot to sleep at night. The two of them usually curl up on the couch together, but I think Brutus likes being close to us. Kuta still seems fine on the couch on his own though.
This morning, I got up and had a shower then I returned to the bedroom to do my makeup. I turned the light on and made a bit of noice getting my uniform out, and you should have seen the death stare I got from Brutus! It was like 'How dare you disturb me! Who the hell do you think you are?'
I just cracked up laughing, he looked so cute all warm and snuggled up in the quilt. When it came time to leave for work, he didn't seem too happy to have to go outside. But after a few minutes laying in the sun, he was ok with it I think.
I know you guys in the UK have ridiculas weather in winter, how do your dogs cope with the cold? Ever get disgusted looks from them when they are being lazy and not wanting to get out of bed Big Grin
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kuta & Brutus
Dog Gender(s) : both Males
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Funny story - cold weather Empty Re: Funny story - cold weather

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15 2011, 08:25

oh i bet he was so snug, must take a pics.
don't know about billy cause we have not long had him, i would love to get him a snuggly coat, but whether he woudl wear it is a different matter

Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jun 15 2011, 12:01

It doesn't really bother Moo. She has a jacket for the winter, but she loves the snow, it was so cute last year she was fasinated by it! Although I'm more like Brutus, I'd rather stay snuggled in bed! x
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15 2011, 12:49

You disturbed his beauty sleep Mummy rolling on the floor how inconsiderate of you Laughing
I don't blame him though....I would much rather snuggle in my quilt on a cold winters morning, as opposed to getting up and going to work,

Back to top Go down

Post by Tys mummy Wed Jun 15 2011, 13:01

Aww bless him your mean lol Tys not a fan of the cold or wet if he can hear the rain or catches a draft thats it he refuses to get out of his crate untill I get my snuggie then he will get out and snuggle in to me. Try and take him out in the rain and you have no chance lol. Now the snow we had at the end of last year he barked his head off when he fisrt seen it but after that we struggled to get him back in the house he was having that much fun.
Tys mummy
Tys mummy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog(s) Ages : 3 Years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15 2011, 20:17

If you think 7 degrees is cold, you should spend some time over here in the winter. The mornings on average are about -2!!

Charlie didn't really feel the cold last year, he hadn't been vaccinated so couldn't go out in the cold and snow and we always had the heating on indoors. It'll be interesting to see how he copes with it this year Smile

I don't blame Brutus, I'd much prefer to be snuggled up in my quilt than have to get up Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15 2011, 22:18

How dare you interrupt his doggie dreams - couldn't you see he was comfortable? shame on you

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Jun 16 2011, 21:51

Big Grin
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17 2011, 16:07

Oh but those mornings in Townsville can be quite chilly to the lesser experienced in dealing with the COLD. Surprised
We lived in Bluewater on rural acreage with a creek out back when Kita was aged 1-3yrs and she'd sneak in whenever she could and very quietly jump up on the bed and snuggle down really quickly thinking you hadn't noticed. hee hee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19 2011, 03:15

Hahaha though stares i am used to from Taz if i wake him up before his time he has a grump on all day, he refuses to listen to anything i say and he misbehaves.
As for the weather i'v always not avoided any weather with them, they will still play in rain, snow and sun but Blondy really hates the rain and sulks the entire time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa & Kuta Wed Jun 22 2011, 05:31

Dogalogs88 wrote:Oh but those mornings in Townsville can be quite chilly to the lesser experienced in dealing with the COLD. Surprised
We lived in Bluewater on rural acreage with a creek out back when Kita was aged 1-3yrs and she'd sneak in whenever she could and very quietly jump up on the bed and snuggle down really quickly thinking you hadn't noticed. hee hee

Ha ha, small world! I grew up at Bluewater, my parents still live out there on Bluewater Dr and their property backs onto Bluewater Creek too. My boys love going for drives to visit grandma and grandad and going for a run on the property.
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kuta & Brutus
Dog Gender(s) : both Males

Back to top Go down

Post by cowboydave Wed Jun 22 2011, 06:08

Lisa & Kuta wrote:Here in North Queensland, we gon't get the coldest weather in winter, but it can be quite chilli in the mornings from time to time. It got down to 7 deg celcius this morning, not quite as cold as the UK I guess lol.
Anyway, we just bought a new king size bed and our old queens size quilt and linen is on a pile on the floor in our bedroom still. It may have to stay there now as Brutus had decided it is a nice comfy spot to sleep at night. The two of them usually curl up on the couch together, but I think Brutus likes being close to us. Kuta still seems fine on the couch on his own though.
This morning, I got up and had a shower then I returned to the bedroom to do my makeup. I turned the light on and made a bit of noice getting my uniform out, and you should have seen the death stare I got from Brutus! It was like 'How dare you disturb me! Who the hell do you think you are?'
I just cracked up laughing, he looked so cute all warm and snuggled up in the quilt. When it came time to leave for work, he didn't seem too happy to have to go outside. But after a few minutes laying in the sun, he was ok with it I think.
I know you guys in the UK have ridiculas weather in winter, how do your dogs cope with the cold? Ever get disgusted looks from them when they are being lazy and not wanting to get out of bed Big Grin

Laughing what a good story, my wife and I worried about our little Stanley feeling the cold over the last couple of weeks and he has a little jumper we are trying to get him use to wearing, mainly so that in the summer he can wear a sunshirt cause he is white and pron to sun cancer. But any ways we put his jumper on him and by the moring he is out of it by himself. Cannot figure out how he does it as it is a bit of a job for us to get it on him. Surprised We don't know if he is just hot or uncomfortable but hopefully he will take to his sun shirt a bit better. Here is a couple of pic's while he is still in his jumper...... applause

Funny story - cold weather Stanleyinhisjumper2Funny story - cold weather Stanleyinhisjumper
cowboydave
cowboydave

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stanley
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22 2011, 12:47

Lisa & Kuta wrote:
Dogalogs88 wrote:Oh but those mornings in Townsville can be quite chilly to the lesser experienced in dealing with the COLD. Surprised

Ha ha, small world! I grew up at Bluewater, my parents still live out there on Bluewater Dr and their property backs onto Bluewater Creek too. My boys love going for drives to visit grandma and grandad and going for a run on the property.

Yep small world. We lived at 396 Forestry Road Bluewater. Sold the house in 2000 when I returned to Adelaide. It was sold again last year and I saw the pics on line, didn't recognise it at first. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down