Do your staffs lick the paint off the Walls?

3 posters

Go down

Do your staffs lick the paint off the Walls? Empty Do your staffs lick the paint off the Walls?

Post by Deverill Fri Jun 03 2011, 18:30

When I had my staff she had a really weird habit, she would lick the paint off the Walls right back to the plaster. She would do it more on a hot day but she always had water etc available.

Do any of your dogs do it? Does anyone know why she would of done it?

Deverill
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tizzy
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Do your staffs lick the paint off the Walls? Empty Re: Do your staffs lick the paint off the Walls?

Post by janey Fri Jun 03 2011, 19:01

No and No sorry, how very strange they can be Laughing
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Do your staffs lick the paint off the Walls? Empty Re: Do your staffs lick the paint off the Walls?

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03 2011, 19:13

no billy has no interest yet - hopefully

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deverill Fri Jun 03 2011, 19:34

She had two favourite spots, right behind doors!

Deverill

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Fri Jun 03 2011, 21:04

How odd. I know how you can get her to stop though, spread some pepper or chilli powder where she does the licking. I assume the paints non toxic? Straight Face

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Deverill Fri Jun 03 2011, 21:14

She's been put down a year ago. I was just curious but will keep that in mind incase my new pup decides to pick up the habit.

Non toxic, hmm I'm not sure it's just emulsion paint I think, I never thought it was good for her but if I'd move her away shed just go straight back. Nightmare!

Deverill

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04 2011, 08:22

woody did the same although the paint was covering wallpaper- he soon moved on to tearing the wallpaper off!!!!no harm done to him - just kick started me into deciding to decorate when he eventually stops! i think staff have a bit of OCD, once they start something they get obsessed with doing it over nd over and over again. he has only done it once in the last month so i think the end is near!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04 2011, 10:42

Deverill wrote:When I had my staff she had a really weird habit, she would lick the paint off the Walls right back to the plaster. She would do it more on a hot day but she always had water etc available.

Do any of your dogs do it? Does anyone know why she would of done it?

Zero did this started licking it and hate to tell u and hope she dont but he chewed a hole a HUGE one in the wall, know this sounds mad but i couldnt find and polyfiller so used Mastic Blushing but he licked it once and never touched it again so my (insane ways as my mate called it) put an instant stop to wall licking/chewing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down