staffygalkezXX
janey
rosie2011
Bruno311210
12 posters

Go down

Why Do People Buy Staffy's Empty Why Do People Buy Staffy's

Post by Bruno311210 Sun May 29 2011, 07:28

Only To Sell Them 10 Months Later ? Advert on Facebook.

For sale two brothers staffordshire bullterriers black with brindle and white marking 10months old up to date on all jabs both micro chipped good with kids have all there paperwork inbox for more info must go together

Must Be Something Dodgy Going On. Or The Guy Can't Cope With Them, Then He Shouldn't Have Brought Them Or Just Brought 1 Of Them Big Grin
He's Advertised Them 3 Times On The Same Page Yesterday.
Dog Is For Life And Not Just For Christmas Big Grin
Bruno311210
Bruno311210
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Why Do People Buy Staffy's Empty Re: Why Do People Buy Staffy's

Post by rosie2011 Sun May 29 2011, 08:28

one word MUPPET this does my head in too people don't want them when they start chewing and getting bigger i have just re-homed a 9 month old on wednesday thro a couple splitting and unable to take care of him !! even so there loss he's a dream Big Grin
rosie2011
rosie2011
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : buster
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Sun May 29 2011, 08:57

the guy wants £100 for the pair !
Bruno311210
Bruno311210

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29 2011, 14:55

I feel the same way.. over here you even see adds for dogs of 8 or 10 years of age and the people are moving and can't take them!! Does my head in.. how could you get rid off a family member??! OK so there maybe the odd real genuine person who is besides themselves because there dog can't go with them... but there are just so many adds and so many unwanted dogs and puppies.... it breaks my heart, especially when I look at my 2 dogs who couldn't possibly be any more loved and cherished!!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun May 29 2011, 14:56

Grrrr, makes me so angry banghead
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29 2011, 15:22

I have asked this same question on more than one occasion. Our Izzy is a classic example and we only got her at 9 weeks of age (although that was seriously his loss). loser
Having recently moved interstate, I can't even imagine my gorgeous girls not coming with me. However, I do worry that if anything happened to us, they would not have anyone to look after them as we don't know anyone here and that totally freaks me out and I pray that will never happen. Maybe I should be less judgmental Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29 2011, 15:27

yeah makes me mad but he could also have had a change of circumstance ie lost his job or home its hard to judge without knowing the ins and outs i suppose

Back to top Go down

Post by staffygalkezXX Sun May 29 2011, 21:46

it makes me so sad n angry- i jus dont get it! i cud neva giv my blayde up 4 nothin!!! i jus think theyr heartless, dogs see themselves as part of the family n it must b so emotionly upsettin 4 them. fair enuf 2the odd ppl who really havnt gota choice but 4the uva ppl i think they shud b discustd in themselvs angry
staffygalkezXX
staffygalkezXX
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : blayde
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by swatcha Sun May 29 2011, 21:56

i remember my wife giving me an ultimatum when my dog bud was a pain in the * big time...i told her i would move out with the dog rather than give him away...6 months later and 2 testes short he is a diamond....would never be without the stalker staffy...lol
swatcha
swatcha
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bud and stella
Dog Gender(s) : male and female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Sun May 29 2011, 22:29

Marty wrote:yeah makes me mad but he could also have had a change of circumstance ie lost his job or home its hard to judge without knowing the ins and outs i suppose

Yeah i can see your point, specially now with all the cuts and people losing job through no fault of their own . Just made cross as I couldn't give Bruno up for anything Smile
Bruno311210
Bruno311210

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa & Kuta Mon May 30 2011, 08:29

swatcha wrote:i remember my wife giving me an ultimatum when my dog bud was a pain in the * big time...i told her i would move out with the dog rather than give him away...6 months later and 2 testes short he is a diamond....would never be without the stalker staffy...lol
Laughing Are you still married?

I don't understand this either, but I guess there may be a legit reason. We will never know. I know I would do anything to keep my babies, they are part of the family.
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kuta & Brutus
Dog Gender(s) : both Males

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon May 30 2011, 08:42

people should think before buying a dog, ect having kids, moving house, getting a girlfriend/getting married, loseing your job and so on it's gets me well mad. all i got to say if they cant coup with a puppy how are they going coup with a kid or even bring it up right? I dont want to s

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ernestine Mon May 30 2011, 11:36

It's very sad. I think people make the decision to get a dog far too quickly.

I don't think people realise how big a decision it is. It's not like buying a car or a piece of furniture! It's a new member of the family! I think problems also come in when people get dogs for their kids, for whatever reason, and then sit back and expect them to take on ALL of the responsibility. That's totally unfair as far as I'm concerned. doh Yes, they need to be involved, but a child can't be expected to be sole caregiver for a puppy or dog. And then when they get bored, or the novelty wears off, mom or dad gets left to do poop-scoop duty, which just leads to resentment and irritation.

We took forever to be certain we were doing the right thing in getting a dog at all, and then turned down quite a few opportunities. Partly as we wanted to be 100% sure that the dog was the right one for us, and partly because Lliam just wasn't ready for it. Now he's happy to help with whatever chores need doing, with a happy heart, and help from mom and dad, and he's got the best friend ever Big Grin

Anyway, I'm so glad we waited, otherwise we may not have ended up with Duke, and I don't know what we'd do without him now. Love Struck
Ernestine
Ernestine

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30 2011, 12:17

i seriously couldn't give up harvey for anything, i would rather go without until my situation changed, but he's my baby Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Mon May 30 2011, 21:36

I know it annoys me no matter what id never get rid of kaiser even if it ment being skint love him to much hes part of the family
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31 2011, 08:30

thats why I hate pet shops that sell live animals with a passion! So many of these unfortunate pets are bought on the spur of the moment.. pet shop owners pretend they care about where the animal is going but most only care about the $$$$$$$$. they just put one puppy or kitten out to tug at your heart strings when you see them in the glass cage...but in reality they have a whole box load out the back. ..and don't even start me on puppy farms where alot of them come from.. angry I know that there ARE a few genuine pet shop owners who do their best to ensure the pet is going to a 'good' home, my apologies to them !! there was a news report from Sydney, Australia,about some nutter buying kittens and gineua pigs from a pet shop and then torturing them in the most horrific way... and the pet shop owner said "Oh I wondered why they were buying so many pets off me" AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! at wits end

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Tue May 31 2011, 08:35

you just dont know peoples situation though , i think its a bit unfair to judge without the full picture , when i split from my ex i was in a bad situation , and also in homeless acom where there was strictly no pets . almost had to re-home shady and dakota . luckily i found someone to watch them for me but it almost went the other way . i wouldn't like to have thought id have been getting slagged off on here if id lost them
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Shady & Dakota
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Wed Jun 01 2011, 14:38

I would rather be homeless with my dog then without him. I'm so fed up of hearing adverts that go 'girlfriends pregnant dog must go/landlord doesn't allow pets/in full time work go no time for him'
Then have the nerve to go on to say they hope he'll go to a good home. Pfft like they really care!
Number one what exactly is so hard with having a dog with a baby? If your dog is well trained it shouldn't make the blindest bit of difference!
Number two WHY did you buy this dog when you KNOW your landlord doesn't allow pets? Its a bad idea to get a dog that in all likehood will live to 15/16 when your living in TEMPORY housing!
Number three Again whats so difficult? Should do you good to get out the house and get some exercise with your dog. When i worked full time i got up at 5am to walk my dog before work, and trust me when i was sitting in that boring office memories of my morning walk were the only things stopping me from going downright crazy. And if its so much of an issue to drag your fat behind off the couch, why can't you get a dog walker? Or even ask a neighbour/friend to pop in and walk the poor dog round the block.
And what really gets my goat is they often put in the advert- '2 year old not breeded yet could be breeded.' Not only is their grammar and spelling absolutely appauling but there encouraging people to turn their 'beloved' pet into a breeding machine! Often when the dog isn't even old enough!
Don't they know a staffy in put to sleep every 80 mins in this country because of the lack of rescue spaces! They seem to think theres an unlimited supply of active retired couples willing to provide the dream home for their dog, well i got news for them, these retired couples want spaniels and labs, not staffies. ARGH! Sorry for the rant but these people really make me so angry!

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Jun 01 2011, 19:52

shakespearesdog wrote:I would rather be homeless with my dog then without him. I'm so fed up of hearing adverts that go 'girlfriends pregnant dog must go/landlord doesn't allow pets/in full time work go no time for him'
Then have the nerve to go on to say they hope he'll go to a good home. Pfft like they really care!
Number one what exactly is so hard with having a dog with a baby? If your dog is well trained it shouldn't make the blindest bit of difference!
Number two WHY did you buy this dog when you KNOW your landlord doesn't allow pets? Its a bad idea to get a dog that in all likehood will live to 15/16 when your living in TEMPORY housing!
Number three Again whats so difficult? Should do you good to get out the house and get some exercise with your dog. When i worked full time i got up at 5am to walk my dog before work, and trust me when i was sitting in that boring office memories of my morning walk were the only things stopping me from going downright crazy. And if its so much of an issue to drag your fat behind off the couch, why can't you get a dog walker? Or even ask a neighbour/friend to pop in and walk the poor dog round the block.
And what really gets my goat is they often put in the advert- '2 year old not breeded yet could be breeded.' Not only is their grammar and spelling absolutely appauling but there encouraging people to turn their 'beloved' pet into a breeding machine! Often when the dog isn't even old enough!
Don't they know a staffy in put to sleep every 80 mins in this country because of the lack of rescue spaces! They seem to think theres an unlimited supply of active retired couples willing to provide the dream home for their dog, well i got news for them, these retired couples want spaniels and labs, not staffies. ARGH! Sorry for the rant but these people really make me so angry!
Nicely put, there will never be a excuse in my book to rehome Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by staffygalkezXX Wed Jun 01 2011, 22:52

shakespearesdog wrote:I would rather be homeless with my dog then without him. I'm so fed up of hearing adverts that go 'girlfriends pregnant dog must go/landlord doesn't allow pets/in full time work go no time for him'

2 true Smile
staffygalkezXX
staffygalkezXX

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : blayde
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down