Update on Brutus since he has been adopted

+3
citybeatx
janey
Lisa & Kuta
7 posters

Go down

Update on Brutus since he has been adopted Empty Update on Brutus since he has been adopted

Post by Lisa & Kuta Thu May 26 2011, 05:31

I have mentioned this all in another post about rescue centre vets as we are also not happy with the service we've recieved. I thought I would fill you all in on the progress:

When my OH picked Brutus up last Friday, he did not have a cone on his head and he had chewed off the bandage that was covering the wound on his leg where he had a lump removed. He was also desexed, all of this done only the day before so the wounds were fresh. The nurse insisted he would be fine and it would be ok to leave the wound uncovered and that he did not require a cone. My OH grabbed one anyway incase we needed it....... WE DID!

That night I noticed a bit of blood on his new bed and after investigating, I noticed he had been chewing at his leg and pulled out two stiches. I was in a panic looking for the first aid kit, finally found it and wrapped up his leg then put the cone on so he could not get to it. I have been checking it every day and washing it with salty water but it was not getting better, actually looking worse. I think the fact that it was exposed to the dust and dirt the day it was done has not helped the healing.
So, I took him to the vets this morning for them to look him over. His wound from the desexing was great and she removed the stiches for us, but his leg was pretty bad. The stiches that remained were not doing much, luckily the wound has knitted ok though so it didn't need restiching. It is quite infected though and has a bit of fluid build up in it. She has given me some antibiotics and dressed it for us, we have to go back on Tuesday for them to look at it again. This all cost another $160AUD, he has been an expensive addition.
When I returned home, first thing I did was call the rescure centre to tell them what had happened and to find out if we could bring him back there to be treated. I also mentioned that I was not happy having to pay this within a week of adopting him, seeing as it was from their stuff up in the first place. She has told me that he comes with 30 days pet insurance so we can claim this back, thankfully. You don't really expect to pay more after paying a wopping $330 to adopt a dog in the first place do you.

Anyway, not very happy with the whole situation. Poor Brutus has been put through enough for this to now be dragged out further. Hopefully, the antibiotincs will beat the infection and when they take the bandage off on Tuesday, all will be good. Fingers crossed anyway. Kuta is dying to have a good run around and play with Brutus as well. We have been putting a stop to the play until his cone comes off coz he has a bit of a disadvantage, poor man Sad
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kuta & Brutus
Dog Gender(s) : both Males
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Update on Brutus since he has been adopted Empty Re: Update on Brutus since he has been adopted

Post by Guest Thu May 26 2011, 08:31

poor brutus what an ordeal he has been through, hopefully he is on the mend now, why don't you report the rescue centre to the authorities to stop this happening again to people who might not be as kind as you

Smile

Back to top Go down

Update on Brutus since he has been adopted Empty Re: Update on Brutus since he has been adopted

Post by janey Thu May 26 2011, 09:19

Pleased you are covered for 30 days, he has been an expensive addition but worth it in the long run Smile hopefully he is now on the road to recovery, thanks to you!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by citybeatx Thu May 26 2011, 10:05

Lots of kisses for Brutus. kiss
Lets hope he gets better! Love Struck

And what an absolutey ar*e of a vet!
citybeatx
citybeatx
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Update on Brutus since he has been adopted Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Poppy & JRT Mylo.
Dog Gender(s) : Female/Male.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27 2011, 13:19

sounds like a pretty cruddy sort of rescue centre doesn't it.

just so glad that Brutus has landed on his paws and has found a wonderful new home... good on you!! >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27 2011, 14:29

It's pretty rough considering you had to go through all the red tape of rescue & adoption when you were the ones that found him and just wanted to give him a loving home in the first place. I'm sure the antibiotics will help big time, and you will see a marked improvement on your next visit to your vet.
Thankfully these memories will fade and you will be able to make and hold on to many happy ones in the future with both your gorgeous boys. Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27 2011, 15:24

Poor old fella! He's really going through the wars isn't he?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27 2011, 20:42

Awww poor brutus!! .. not bandaging a wound or coning the dog what were they thinking!! .. Hope he heels fast!

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Fri May 27 2011, 21:53

Aww poor brutus really hope his leg gets better soon at least he has a loving home now though
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniemother Fri May 27 2011, 22:26

Aww.. The poor guy. But - I believe he's found the most perfect home. Thank you so much for taking him in and for adopting him, even if they made it harder than necessary for you! Love Struck
Aniemother
Aniemother

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gaffa (SBT), Strips (BC) and Terex (AK)
Support total : 22

http://wrigglebutts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexibum Fri May 27 2011, 22:37

Such a shame to hear about poor rescue vetinary care, we too have had poor experiences, but hopefully all will be well in the future for Brutus.
Lexibum
Lexibum
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lexi, Cleo, Ty
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Female, Male

Back to top Go down

Post by staffygalkezXX Sat May 28 2011, 09:55

poor brutus, hope he makes a quick recovery! he's really lucky to have such a loving family now, all the bad stuff will soon b 4gotten about Love Struck
staffygalkezXX
staffygalkezXX
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : blayde
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down