Brutus is at the pound, waiting his opperation.

5 posters

Go down

Brutus is at the pound, waiting his opperation. Empty Brutus is at the pound, waiting his opperation.

Post by Lisa & Kuta Thu May 19 2011, 01:58

So, I dropped Brutus off at the pound yeaterday afternoon, man did I feel bad Sad People were looking at me, I can only imagine what they were thinking....... 'pregnant woman, dumps dog!'
It was hard to say goodbye to him, even if it is only for a few days. I had tears in my eyes, I have already called them once today to check up on him. They must be getting sick of me by now lol.
He is due to go in for his surgery very soon to be desexed and have his lump removed, poor little man. I will be eagerly waiting on the phone this arvie to see how it all went. The vet said this morning that there is always risks involved with local anaesthetics. I thought, gee, like I wasn't worried enough!
Kuta was also very said when we got up this morning, he is missing Brutus a lot. He didn't even lift his head from the couch when we left for work this morning. We will all be so glad when this ordeal is behind us, hopefully my OH can pick him up tomorrow morning, but I should get confirmation later today on that.
Fingers crossed it all goes well, big hugs for Brutus too >Big Grin< It must be hard to loose your man hood at such an old age. Will keep you all posted on whats going on.
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kuta & Brutus
Dog Gender(s) : both Males
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Brutus is at the pound, waiting his opperation. Empty Re: Brutus is at the pound, waiting his opperation.

Post by Guest Thu May 19 2011, 02:22

Lisa &amp; Kuta wrote: It must be hard to loose your man hood at such an old age. Will keep you all posted on whats going on.

AAAAwww, Poor old Brutus sigh

Lisa I'm sure he'll be fine with the aneasthetic, the vet has to tell you this (same as we do with humans). I can imagine you are going to be on tenterhooks and watching clock the all day - well every minute is a minute closer to him coming home for good, hang in there >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Brutus is at the pound, waiting his opperation. Empty Re: Brutus is at the pound, waiting his opperation.

Post by Lisa & Kuta Thu May 19 2011, 07:13

Just heard from the vets, all went well and Brutus is now in recovery waking up. He has been desexed, and they removed the lump from his leg. Unfortunately though they seem to think it may be a nasty one that could return. At least it is gone for now and we can cross that bridge when we come to it.
The tricky part that lies ahead, is keeping Brutus calm when we get him home so he doesn't pop any stitches. Kuta is NOT going to make that easy for us. All I can think of is tying them both up when we go to work to keep them seperated for a few days. They won't like it, but they are just going to have to deal with it I guess.
So, Brutus is going to have a sore leg and sore hmmm...... 'behind' shall I put it lol, for a few days, but all looks good. He will be home with us perminantly from tomorrow morning yay.
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kuta & Brutus
Dog Gender(s) : both Males
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19 2011, 08:23

good news

applause

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19 2011, 10:17

Great news & he'll soon be home.

I'm sure you'll find a way to keep them calm (ish) until Brutus is able to play again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Thu May 19 2011, 10:26

Wahooo glad the operation went okay! I'm sure Brutus will be feeling sorry for himself when he comes back home. It might be best to put him or Kuta in a crate for a couple of days. R they dissolvable stiches do you know or the ones which have to be taken out?
Nosipho
Nosipho
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu May 19 2011, 11:29

Fantastic news Big Grin after a week all so you'll forget this whole ordeal and be a happy family, reall pleased for you x x
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Tys mummy Thu May 19 2011, 12:26

Aww made up it all went well. He will make you feel bad for a few hours when you get him home, well thats what Ty did with me lol but he will be right as rein in no time. Rather you than me trying to keep him calm with Kuta around I found it hard with just Ty he was bouncing off the walls and everything. Now to start the count down to him being permanently home I bet you cant wait for all of this to be over so you can just enjoy having him around with Kuta. Pics please when you gat a chance lol x
Tys mummy
Tys mummy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog(s) Ages : 3 Years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19 2011, 14:09

I bet you can't wait to pick him up and bring him "Home" for good

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Thu May 19 2011, 23:11

Great news bet you cant wait Big Grin
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down