hi whats wrong with my dog his face has gone all droupey on one side and his ear hes 9 years old any one had any experience with this

+2
youngkaiser
giggzy
6 posters

Go down

hi whats wrong with my dog his face has gone all droupey on one side and his ear hes 9 years old any one had any experience with this Empty hi whats wrong with my dog his face has gone all droupey on one side and his ear hes 9 years old any one had any experience with this

Post by giggzy Wed Sep 22 2010, 21:42

he has just come down with this yesterday he is slavering from one side of his face and his ear is droupey and the cheek dos,nt move with the rest of his face .gonna take him to the vets tommorrow.just thought some one might of experienced this before with there dog and could give me some info about whats wrong with him. i cant help thinking he might have had a stroke Sad

giggzy
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

hi whats wrong with my dog his face has gone all droupey on one side and his ear hes 9 years old any one had any experience with this Empty Re: hi whats wrong with my dog his face has gone all droupey on one side and his ear hes 9 years old any one had any experience with this

Post by youngkaiser Wed Sep 22 2010, 21:55

Aww poorly man thats what it sounds like doesnt it ive never experienced it but it will be best to take him to the vets tomorrow like u said hope he is alright poor lil man
youngkaiser
youngkaiser
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

hi whats wrong with my dog his face has gone all droupey on one side and his ear hes 9 years old any one had any experience with this Empty Re: hi whats wrong with my dog his face has gone all droupey on one side and his ear hes 9 years old any one had any experience with this

Post by Guest Wed Sep 22 2010, 21:58

Arr poor thing....hope he's alright
Let us know tomoorow how he is and what the vet said

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Sep 22 2010, 21:59

i just did an search for you on the net things that is poping up is facial paralysis & infections Sad

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 22 2010, 22:07

Hi there,i havent experianced anything like that before.It does sound to me like one-sided facial paralysis,but that is just a guess based on the symptoms you discribed.The best thing to do is to see the vets tommrow,and he will let you know exactly whats up.Sending healing vibes your way,i hope he gets better soon >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Sep 22 2010, 22:10

Mine has done this. She came back from a walk after landing badly on a stick. She was drooling out a one side and I even tried to give her dinnner that she would not eat (thats proper wrong for her). I rushed her to the vet because I was beside myself and they gave her a injection to numb it. I got her back and she ate her dinner straight away.

Keep an eye tonight, I at least had something to blame it on and then vets asap.

Let me know please thinking of ya x x x
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 23 2010, 00:45

i do hope everything is ok like everyone is saying let us know tomorrow >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

hi whats wrong with my dog his face has gone all droupey on one side and his ear hes 9 years old any one had any experience with this Empty Please help!

Post by MrRockyPoo Sun May 27 2012, 18:22

Hi Giggzy,

the exact same thing has just happened to my 5 yr old Staffy (Rocky). The vets don't seem to know what it is and want to run a number of test one of which includes piercing his ear drum :S. Please can you tell me what happened to your dog and what your vet said. Is your dog ok now? Did he regain feeling on his face? Did he have an Xray etc?

Sorry for all the questions but I am desperate to find out what is wrong as i'm worried that the longer it takes to diagnose, the worse the problem may be getting.

Many thanks

Zara

MrRockyPoo

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 27 2012, 18:28

MrRockyPoo wrote:Hi Giggzy,

the exact same thing has just happened to my 5 yr old Staffy (Rocky). The vets don't seem to know what it is and want to run a number of test one of which includes piercing his ear drum :S. Please can you tell me what happened to your dog and what your vet said. Is your dog ok now? Did he regain feeling on his face? Did he have an Xray etc?

Sorry for all the questions but I am desperate to find out what is wrong as i'm worried that the longer it takes to diagnose, the worse the problem may be getting.

Many thanks

Zara

Hiya if you are that worried then you must go straight to the vet , it's more expensive on sundays but what the hell ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Sun May 27 2012, 18:33

davemck3834 wrote:
MrRockyPoo wrote:Hi Giggzy,

Many thanks

Zara

Hiya if you are that worried then you must go straight to the vet , it's more expensive on sundays but what the hell ??

Guys is post is from last September. He never came back to tell us...
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down