Crate

Go down

Crate Empty Crate

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 14:52

Skye sleeps in her crate at night but during the night will whine and whine, i think its telling us she needs to go to the toilet, i will let her out and she will do her business then i put her back in and she will whine for about 15minutes before she drifts off again, She does have a pad in her crate with her too use but she wont use it lol, but i spose who would like to go the toilet where they sleep!!?? lol.
Does anybody have any tips or ideas on how to help her settle more in her crate? .. we put her in her crate during the day when shes drifting off to sleep so she will gradually know that that's where she goes to sleep etc, but as soon as she goes in its whine time untill she drifts off lol.
Is this just a case of patience and waiting for her to settle into her crate, she did only come saturday so obviously its going to take a while for her to get used to all the new ways of things etc.
Vinnie used too sleep all through the night without a peep when he was little lol!! so we didnt have to settle him much with whining etc haha!

Back to top Go down

Crate Empty Re: Crate

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 15:01

Is Vinnie crate next to hers she may want some company but i wouldn't suggest putting them together at this point, it is just a case of patience and you seem to be doing the right thing with letting her have her bathroom breaks but everything else seems in order. so now its just a waiting game really till she settles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 15:04

His bed is yep, he grew out of his crate so we have to replace it for a bigger one lol. Oh noo i wont put em' togethor yet theyre still to excitable lol.
Thanks just making sure! haha, the wait begins haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 15:30

Billy whined in his crate but it only lasted a few nights, we did not get up during the night just put pillows over our ears
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 16:57

haha awww! lol .. if i dont let her go the toilet she'll do it on her bed :S lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed May 11 2011, 20:34

I haven't ever crate trained but I guess if you know if she is whinning cause she wants to go out then in my eyes thats great. Take her out as your doing (I know its a pain). I would take the pad out of the crate, your totally right, they don't want to wee there sleep space, hence why she is moaning to take her out. As long as it doesn't become habit, ie just moaning because she is seperated your doing fine and with age and routin it will improve x
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down