Rough play

5 posters

Go down

Rough play Empty Rough play

Post by Guest Tue May 10 2011, 13:34

I was just wondering who rough plays with their dog.
I do have a little rough play grabbing Taz cheeks slapping him about a bit even kicking he loves his thighs being kicked but i always know when to stop.....my brother on the hand doh Grrr he plays rough with Taz and he also takes it to far to the point where Taz will jump at him and usually catch his hand not doing it aggressively or anything its all play but that is way to rough and Taz always ends up to frustrated at the end of it and i have to calm him down and usually get headbutted for my trouble because he winds Taz up too much.
Since the last time i have stopped it completly but Taz will just sit there staring at him with his ball in his mouth asking him to play, I'v trying explaining to my brother not to go to far but he's the kinda of person that, Rough is good i know best/dog is a dog, and even one time when we were talking about dog attacks he blamed the dogs full stop and he won't take any other way of putting it also dogs are made for fighting each other so if he was to ever walk Taz he would let him fight any dog he wanted to, Which is why i stopped him walking Taz.
P.s my brother is currently staying with me because his GF is dooch

Back to top Go down

Rough play Empty Re: Rough play

Post by janey Tue May 10 2011, 13:44

I don't play rough at all with Moo x
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10 2011, 13:45

i rough played with my previous staffy he loved it, but he would no when he needed to stops and would lick you after lol .. we have rough played with vinnie sometimes, but i wont do it anymore because of having the littlen around now i dont want him getting so wound up that he then trys it with skye after lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Crawler Tue May 10 2011, 13:56

I have always played rough with dogs. I used to do it with my friends dog and I do it with Prince. I don't do feet though, just hands. He knows not to bite hard and I praise for being gentle, then I get licked to death. I only do it for about 10 minutes though so he doesn't get too exited.
If your brother thinks like that, then to be honest, he shouldn't be near a dog.
Night Crawler
Night Crawler
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Prince & Star
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Tue May 10 2011, 14:40

Me and my OH play rough with the dogs but we dont let them put their teeth on us and we never go too far. I have a release word that I use so they know when the games over thats it, I just wrestle them and roll around on the bed with them. Nothing too extreme!

But if someone had that attitude towards my dogs I wouldnt let them walk them either. Its asking for trouble or a dead dog!
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10 2011, 14:56

Taz loves it when i play punch or kick his muscles in his legs its more like a rough massage though.
I don't let my brother walk or play with Taz anymore but its a shame as Taz seems to want that male on male play and obviousely can't do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10 2011, 15:42

I dont. Kaos u can play rough with and he really enjoys it but we have had him from 11 wks old, Ty freaks. He barks and gets really scared and goes into protective mode and cant control himself, but hs got reason......We got him at 6 months from rescue where his previous owners has abused him, left him outside constantly and starved him both of food and company. So u cant blame him. Rough play is strictly banned in our house whilst Ty is around as is me and the other half play fightning as Ty trys to protect me. x

Back to top Go down

Post by Tys mummy Tue May 10 2011, 15:53

My step dad and oh rough play with ty. Hes getting better with the calm down comand but he trys to rough play with me and I dont like it. The oh has got cuts all over his arms it looks like he self harms because Ty scratches he doesnt bite just scratches and it hurts so I leave the rough stuff to the men and I give all the loves and cuddles lol.

I defo would not let my brother take my dog out if thats his opinion
Tys mummy
Tys mummy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog(s) Ages : 3 Years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by dannii Tue May 10 2011, 16:00

same as ty's mummy i leave it to my husband but ruff play is only aloud once my son is in bed xx
dannii
dannii

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Shay and Roxy
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content