When her time comes....

4 posters

Go down

When her time comes.... Empty When her time comes....

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22 2013, 01:08

as mabaye a few members on here will no I have 2 blue staffies beau just over 19 months and phoebe just over 6 and a half months they are brother and sister... we have no intension of having any litters with phoebe [that's not why we got her ]we had decided beau was to be kept whole before we got him. if we don't intend to breed and take the proper steps why cant we leave our dogs intact? are their any other staffy owners out there with mixed sex dogs are whole and can manage[with common sense] when that times comes along to be honest I think our vets attitude of giving you the guilt trip for not getting it done as well as this[and other] forums discussion n this subject has made me think twice some people might say' well if you don't intend to breed why not just get it done anyway? does not getting any of my dogs done make me an irresponsible owner because of what MIGHT happen later on in our dogs life?discussion with a lot of honest views would be helpful for me..anybody else had their girl done and wish they hadn't or been the best thing they've done?

Back to top Go down

When her time comes.... Empty Re: When her time comes....

Post by Sazzle Sun Dec 22 2013, 01:11

It all comes down to personal choice  Smile Granted it will be easier if you have one of them done but I'm sure it can be managed. If you do have her done its best to wait until she's matured so 2/3 seasons or 2 years old is a general guideline, so you have time to decide.
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Sun Dec 22 2013, 01:43

Has she had her first season yet? If not when she does you will know how hard/easy it is to keep them apart that might help with your decision
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22 2013, 06:42

If you can manage them whilst she's is season, there are members here that's have, that's great, as jules as jules says once she's had her 1st season you'll know how simple or difficult it is Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Sun Dec 22 2013, 10:12

There are many pros and cons to spaying but I always will. My girl was bred from in her previous home and had a whole load of problems with the hormonal surges, including constant phantom pregnancies. Unless you are prepared to pay for what is essentially a termination if your girl gets caught by her brother while in season I would get her spayed when she's of age (after 18 months)
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22 2013, 10:19

no sign of 1st season yet and we were always going to wait to see how things went it was always the case of how long after to get it done which has been said we could've been through it more than once by then, but I have changed from WHEN to get done to IF we should get it done at all and I am going off the idea more on a weekly basis. I just hate the way some vets assume the only reason your Not getting it done is because you want to breed your dog or just because you wont part with the money angry 

Back to top Go down

Post by debs0109 Sun Dec 22 2013, 16:15

I would definitely get her spayed. Even if you can keep them apart it will drive your male dog mad in trying to get to her. I wouldn't risk it to be honest. If your not going to breed from her then why not get her spayed? It will save a lot of hassle or heartache in the future.
debs0109
debs0109
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
When her time comes.... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : MIA
Dog(s) Ages : 1 year 7 months
Dog Gender(s) : FEMALE
Support total : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down