Sheen vs all local staffies

3 posters

Go down

Sheen vs all local staffies  Empty Sheen vs all local staffies

Post by jackc92 Sat Dec 07 2013, 18:42

A few months ago we i was on the local park and a blue staffy went for my boy sheen he was terrified when this happened as he loves going upto other dogs having a sniff and trying to play also on the local football field a white staffy did the same anyway as hes got older (12 month last week) hes discovered hes a big lad and when he see's these dogs now which we see quite often he goes mad growling and snapping his jaws especially with the blue one because the blue one starts to get aggressive as soon as it sees him in the distance both of these staffies are walked by women on extendable leads and the other day the blue one and sheen must have been about a foot away from fighting the woman could hardy hold her dog back and i was struggling to hold my because my other dog ivy was pulling aswell towards them im worried one day there going to get to each other there like nemeses now ! and also i think because of this sheen doesnt like staffys if he see's a staffy now he growls and thats really not like him ! this is only when hes on his lead though and only with staffs any other dog hes fine with ! does anybody else's dog have a rival ?
jackc92
jackc92
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sheen,Ivy
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male ,Female
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Sheen vs all local staffies  Empty Re: Sheen vs all local staffies

Post by Woodster Sat Dec 07 2013, 20:28

Mine used to like all dogs too but he's been in fights several times with the same stupid black lab which is always off lead and goes for any dogs that get close to it. So my staffy now hates all Labradors with a passion, he doesn't growl or bark though he stares and waits until they are close if they come up to him when he's on a lead then lunges at them, and the owners wonder why I yell at them to get their dog away?! Hes also has been attacked by two german shepherds which ran across a field to get to him so he doesn't like those much either. He has to wear a headcollar now so if he decides to go for another dog I have full control over his head which helps thumbs up
Woodster
Woodster
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Woodrow
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Sheen vs all local staffies  Empty Re: Sheen vs all local staffies

Post by Kathy Sat Dec 07 2013, 20:35

It would probably be best to try to avoid these dogs if you can. Rocky doesn't like boxers and there are a couple at our local country park that I now avoid by going very early in the morning.

I doubt that it's directly about your dog not liking a particular breed but more likely to be something about the dog your dog doesn't like, maybe there stare at him or a certain scent given off who knows ??

The link below may help you to identify trigger signals given off by dogs:

http://staffy-bull-terrier.com/dog_body_language

Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart