Thinking of buying an akita as my next dog.. Opinions?

2 posters

Go down

Thinking of buying an akita as my next dog.. Opinions? Empty Thinking of buying an akita as my next dog.. Opinions?

Post by ClydeFrog420 Wed Oct 23 2013, 19:00

Hey people, I previously mention in one of my last threads that I would like to buy another staff (male, my current is a female, also not for breeding purposes.) Although for years I have wanted another akita ever since we had to get rid of our last one :(I like in a one bedroom apartment but it's spacious enough and I hear akitas aren't too bad in apartments aslong as they get enough exercise, I walk miles everyday so it's right up my alley.

My current staffy gets along with other male dogs and my best friend owns a male akita (Very big one too), she gets along with him and we occasionally take them walks together.

I'm just wanting to hear some opinions of what you guys think? I won't be getting another dog untill early 2014 hopefully because I'm planning to save money for the vaccines and other essentials.

Ps. Sorry if this thread is in the wrong forum, wasn't sure of where else to put it.

ClydeFrog420
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Thinking of buying an akita as my next dog.. Opinions? Empty Re: Thinking of buying an akita as my next dog.. Opinions?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23 2013, 19:10

Akitas are a one man breed and generally like space, i personally would not put an akita in a 1 bed apt with another dog.

Back to top Go down

Thinking of buying an akita as my next dog.. Opinions? Empty Re: Thinking of buying an akita as my next dog.. Opinions?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23 2013, 20:26

Yes, I'd say that you could get problems in such a small environment. Akitas are known to like their own space.

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Fri Oct 25 2013, 19:00

My friends have one and he's spot on but can never go off lead as he just runs off.
Not sure that helped much. Laughing 
Keith
Keith
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Wingo and Captain Weemo
Dog(s) Ages : Probably about four and, er, ten maybe?
Dog Gender(s) : one of each
Support total : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down