Patrick the Pit Bull - touching rescue story & sentencing

Go down

Patrick the Pit Bull - touching rescue story & sentencing Empty Patrick the Pit Bull - touching rescue story & sentencing

Post by Guest Thu Sep 19 2013, 20:23

I meant to post this at the end of August, but forgot.

The owner of Patrick has been sentenced to 18 months of probation and has been forced to pay $2000 for the medical bills. Not a great sentence, but the plus side is that, because of this, tougher sentences for animal cruelty have now been put into motion for the future.

For anybody who doesn't remember, Patrick the Pit Bull was a dog who was found in a bin bag, barely alive, in a skip after being thrown down a rubbish chute. He was so emaciated, he looked mummified and was presumed to be dead until the person who found him noticed movement. Usually, they would have put a dog in his state down, but due to the fight he'd shown to stay alive, despite his condition, they decided to try to nurse him back to health. Miraculously, they brought him back from the brink of death and he's now healthy and happy with the vet who nursed him back to health.

Here's a video of his recovery, including the state he was found in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRlvOm2_Ew0

Back to top Go down

Patrick the Pit Bull - touching rescue story & sentencing Empty Re: Patrick the Pit Bull - touching rescue story & sentencing

Post by Guest Thu Sep 19 2013, 20:36

Such a wonderful recovery story & a great tribute to the caring nature of the vets/rescue people who took charge of him!

Back to top Go down

Patrick the Pit Bull - touching rescue story & sentencing Empty Re: Patrick the Pit Bull - touching rescue story & sentencing

Post by Guest Thu Sep 19 2013, 20:42

what a fantastic story , and such a massive difference , great post Eleanor Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 19 2013, 20:46

Smile I love reading his story. We were following it a couple of years ago, hoping he'd make it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 19 2013, 20:53

Wow what an amazing story, so lovely to see him go from strength to strength Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 19 2013, 21:07

Couldn't watch all this video. Yes, the dog looked dead, as dead as dead could be. I can't help wondering what would have happened in the UK if he was found in that state - would he have been given a chance?

Thank goodness he was given that chance - skipped to near the end I'll admit cos I couldn't stand the early photos - and what a miraculous recovery and what a beautiful dog developed from that poor skeleton. I am full of admiration for the rescue people and vets who did everything they could for this dog despite seemingly impossible odds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 19 2013, 21:54

Brilliant to watch his recovery biggrin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down