Advice for back to dry food

2 posters

Go down

Advice for back to dry food Empty Advice for back to dry food

Post by _Jason_ Wed Aug 28 2013, 19:48

So im going to order the wainwrights tomorrow and give him some over the course of the week while trying to ween him off raw,i tried to give broxi liver this week etc and he wouldnt go nere it so putting aside realizing that i have no decent space for bulk orders of raw food along with other challenges it brings he doesnt even like some of the important raw food he needs.

So heres hoping he likes wainwrights,anyway im guessing hes probably going to be fussy again,so im trying to think of ways i can mix in with his food to make him eat it,last time of james well beloved i mixed in eggs,sardines etc but never work so im looking to make alittle homemade gravy maybe of some sort.

Could i buy some good quality mince cook it then blend it up with alittle water or something to make a gravy to see if he eats it.

Was wondering could i even break up the dry food to make it smaller so his whole dinner is like a paste when mixed with water,would that affect anything?
_Jason_
_Jason_
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : July 4th
Dog Gender(s) : boy
Support total : 70

Back to top Go down

Advice for back to dry food Empty Re: Advice for back to dry food

Post by Guest Wed Aug 28 2013, 19:50

I'm not going to recommend kibble, so can't help there - that aside most dogs don't like liver to begin plus he didn't need to try it for weeks yet....

Back to top Go down

Advice for back to dry food Empty Re: Advice for back to dry food

Post by Sazzle Wed Aug 28 2013, 21:08

I feed cooked mince with kibble a couple of times a week, Daisy loves it! Although I'm planning on moving towards raw now, starting with frozen complete raw, would that be an option?
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down