Deep but True - pleased I have friends to share :)

4 posters

Go down

Deep but True - pleased I have friends to share :) Empty Deep but True - pleased I have friends to share :)

Post by Guest Sat Aug 10 2013, 13:44

A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they'd be asked the "half empty or half full" question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: "How heavy is this glass of water?"

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."

She continued, "The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything."

Back to top Go down

Deep but True - pleased I have friends to share :) Empty Re: Deep but True - pleased I have friends to share :)

Post by janey Sat Aug 10 2013, 13:45

Dave wrote: "The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything."
So so true Sad
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Deep but True - pleased I have friends to share :) Empty Re: Deep but True - pleased I have friends to share :)

Post by Sazzle Sat Aug 10 2013, 14:26

Wow that's a really good way of explaining it!
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Sat Aug 10 2013, 14:29

Love this! My lecturer at Uni actually said something about this, as im studying social sciences, it is a great way of putting it too Smile
Maria90
Maria90

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 10 2013, 14:31

Very well put, I will think of that now when I am stressed.Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 10 2013, 15:04

you know the saying , a problem shared is a problem halved Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 10 2013, 15:47

Quite true Dave Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 10 2013, 15:51

That's so very true Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 10 2013, 20:59

Interesting - a bit "Confucious he say".

What happens when we can't stand the strain of holding up the glass of water any more and drop it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 11 2013, 00:24

Lynda wrote:Interesting - a bit "Confucious he say".

What happens when we can't stand the strain of holding up the glass of water any more and drop it?
That's when we need our friends to help pick up the pieces.Love Struck 

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Aug 11 2013, 00:34

Ha ha thats when we have us Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 11 2013, 13:45

I look at things like this and still don't really know whether I am getting stressed or just damned f*****g angry working with w*******s Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 11 2013, 20:56

Love your comment Caryll.

Dave - big Deep but True - pleased I have friends to share :) 3198918699 s

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolene Iveson Mon Aug 12 2013, 10:47

That is a nice new way of looking at things and what happens when the glass fall...well then we have a break down. Nice to know ppl care enough to help you pick up the pieces. Where I'm from that is rare and hard to find.
nicolene Iveson
nicolene Iveson

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In an open relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tip
Dog(s) Ages : six weeks old
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 12 2013, 21:00

nicolene Iveson wrote:That is a nice new way of looking at things and what happens when the glass fall...well then we have a break down. Nice to know ppl care enough to help you pick up the pieces. Where I'm from that is rare and hard to find.
Nicolene , don't mind admitting I've been having a really hard time over the last few weeks and been building up for several months . TBH if it wasn't for the kind words of my friends that I have never met and the inevitable humour then life would be a little different at the moment , so big applause applause applause applause applause  for the forum , not just a place to ask questions about your dog/s

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Aug 12 2013, 21:03

Dare I say it......love you all Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 12 2013, 21:05

applause 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 12 2013, 21:06

Back at you all, lots of love Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 12 2013, 21:18

janey wrote:Dare I say it......love you all Xx
You love away Janey , I don't mind Big Grin

If I ever was fortunate enough to meet you the first thing I would want to give you ( down Steve !!! ) is a hug ( well after Moo had a doggy pork scratching anyway )

I used to spend hours in pubs with some bloke I'd never met in my life before talking about my life and listening to his ( or even sometimes hers ) and the fact that we don't "really" know each other makes that so much easier

And these days technology being the way it is I can do it all online ( with a beer beside me of course Laughing  )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 12 2013, 21:24

I agree Dave, if I'm hurting, sad, mad or happy, here is the place I come to share & get others opinions & help/support Love Struck Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Aug 12 2013, 21:27

Thanks for not minding Smile  erm, love you........Laughing 
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 12 2013, 21:29

I wish I could as get really down on occasions, just hide a lot of it behind humour which may be a good thing or maybe not.Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 12 2013, 21:46

It is also a fact that the male contingent of the forum is low so we tend to get comforted by loads of beautiful ladies that happen to love staffies and other bully breeds , how cool is that . Its almost as rewarding as going out on a 2 hour walk and nobody scowling at you Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 12 2013, 22:08

We love you too Dave Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 12 2013, 22:30

Deep but True - pleased I have friends to share :) 3198918699 
Darcy-may wrote:We love you too Dave Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Aug 12 2013, 22:32

Hayley, you loving also Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolene Iveson Tue Aug 13 2013, 07:07

I'm Bipolar and I hide a lot. We live on a small farm so my animals and my family is most of the contact I have. If Robert didn't make me go out I'd be classifeid a hermit

And its easier to talk online. No one tells me that I should just pretend its not there. Tip helps because she is so busy and keeps me so busy and that helps. Talking to all of you helps too. I love breeds most of my country men fear. They all stupid idiotsbecause if you raise and train them right they are great dogs.

If I ever get to the UK I'd like to meet all of you
nicolene Iveson
nicolene Iveson

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In an open relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tip
Dog(s) Ages : six weeks old
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down