Getting a new phone - opinions wanted

5 posters

Go down

Getting a new phone - opinions wanted Empty Getting a new phone - opinions wanted

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22 2013, 21:34

Just sick of iPhone now. Piece of *. o2 are awful too and i'm pretty sure they have blocked me from using my phone for badness cause i shouted at them.

So i'm moving to vodafone but i need to decide between these two:

Galaxy s3 or nokia lumia

Back to top Go down

Getting a new phone - opinions wanted Empty Re: Getting a new phone - opinions wanted

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22 2013, 21:37

My brother has the galaxy S3 and loves it , me personally have drifted away from smartphones now and have a carphone warehouse 19.99 thing since my S2 went diving in a spoonful of water and never turned back on again (still almost a year on the contract) . It's actually quite nice just to have a phone to call and text on

Back to top Go down

Getting a new phone - opinions wanted Empty Re: Getting a new phone - opinions wanted

Post by janey Mon Jul 22 2013, 21:39

I have a Galaxy Ace and asked advise here, best phone ever IMO Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Jul 22 2013, 21:43

Dave wrote:
My brother has the galaxy S3 and loves it , me personally have drifted away from smartphones now and have a carphone warehouse 19.99 thing since my S2 went diving in a spoonful of water and never turned back on again (still almost a year on the contract) . It's actually quite nice just to have a phone to call and text on

thumbs up 

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22 2013, 21:43

My SII was ok but I think you have to be a girl to get full benefit from one ................Andy loves his Big Grin 

Sorry was that 2 statememts too close together Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Jul 22 2013, 21:49

I also have the Galaxy Ace with 3, both me and hubby have the same phone and pay £23 a month for both. Tariffs includes 100 minutes to any network, unlimited data, 5,000 texts and 3,000 3 - 3 calls.

Very happy with the phone, takes a decent picture & video

Check around online for any deals. I have been with them for about a year now.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22 2013, 22:04

I want it more so for the camera, im never quit taking photos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22 2013, 22:09

Hayley wrote:I want it more so for the camera, im never quit taking photos

Buy a decent camera and a 20 quid phone Big Grin

Actually the s3 camera is really good has multishot and stuff like that , again my brother said it was his favourite feature

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22 2013, 22:34

I have a decent camera lol cameras are like...ancient now.

see everryone says they are good but the lumia camera is supposed to be the best ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22 2013, 22:46

Hayley wrote:I have a decent camera lol cameras are like...ancient now.

see everryone says they are good but the lumia camera is supposed to be the best ever
Don't know about that one like I say my bro has the S3 and is really happy with the camera and he has a digi SLR so can make a good comparison

But the fact is a phone can never replace a camera as a camera and still has its limitations

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Jul 22 2013, 22:53

Most of my recent pics have been off my phone......
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22 2013, 22:54

see i like the look of the lumia more than the s3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22 2013, 23:01

we had this tread a few days ago about nokia struggling and the lumia is what they put all there eggs in the basket with and what a mistake dont get me wrong not a bad camera but phone and complete package miles behind your galaxy phones

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22 2013, 23:22

tut. my friend who HATES iphones just got one and wont let me change cause she wants to facetime. im stuck with this piece of crap now. i need to unlock it and get vodafone and i am going to go to apple and get a replacment set cause mine is broken im convinced. ill have to see what the cost is to upgrade.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22 2013, 23:23

I'm an iPhone addict Laughing never have any probs with mine Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22 2013, 23:24

mine never stops being *. what do you have hayley?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22 2013, 23:36

iPhone 4S Smile hubby & kids all hav the 5 but seems if any out if all of us has had problems id say my sons and he's on O2 were all on orange Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22 2013, 23:40

yeah im o2, i might have ranted abut it? i dunno. anyway i need to get away from them. i just dont know if i can afford i5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22 2013, 23:45

Molly's is a good contract, unlimited calls & txt's 1gb net £37pm xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22 2013, 23:50

cant do pay monthly, i refuse to pay that much money when i know that £10 a month is about 9.99£ more than i would ever use. I just use the internet and camera lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22 2013, 23:51

Laughing we're all on pay monthly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Jul 23 2013, 06:32

i'm pay monthly £14 an week next time i renew i'm going try to get my bill down and not having an new phone

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23 2013, 10:27

i like knowing that i have a set amount and that when theat runs out im done lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23 2013, 11:35

Steve wrote:i'm pay monthly £14 an week next time i renew i'm going try to get my bill down and not having an new phone  

Surprised  you must never be off your phone steve im sure you should be able to get a cheaper contract with a phone for that kind of money

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Jul 23 2013, 11:49

i'm not going to get an virgin they was the only one who i could of got it cheaper £14 is ok i get unlimited texts and 200 mins free perfect for me, next time i wont update my phone and get my bill down and maybe with 300/400 mins free

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23 2013, 12:05

The Lumia's brilliant. Fantastic camera & the internet is 2nd to none. I wouldn't change now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23 2013, 14:05

I have heard a lot of people saying they hate the s3 after a while. hmmmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Jul 23 2013, 15:14

i like blackberrys but they are an nightmare you have to keep restoring to factory setting with them every so often. i'm not an moible person so i dont have an clue but i know one thing i hate touch phones i would rather not having one becasue they all build for the net which i dont want on my phone

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23 2013, 15:20

thats all i use mine for really. which is why i am swayign to the lumia now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23 2013, 15:26

Steve wrote:i'm not going to get an virgin they was the only one who i could of got it cheaper £14 is ok i get unlimited texts and 200 mins free perfect for me, next time i wont update my phone and get my bill down and maybe with 300/400 mins free

when i said you must never be off your phone you said £14aweek so i thought you had a £56 a month contract lol Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23 2013, 15:29

Hayley wrote:thats all i use mine for really. which is why i am swayign to the lumia now

The Lumia's internet is just like using your pc, only smaller!Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23 2013, 15:44

in a good or bad way caryll?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Jul 23 2013, 17:01

Go with the s4. Love mine. Switched from iPhone and really like it. I think LTE-A is coming in your area in the next few and would be faster than internet at home...
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Jul 23 2013, 17:08

why do people need the net on their phone for? i go out to get away from the net I dont want to s 

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Jul 23 2013, 17:48

Need to be able to tether and do email for work.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Jul 23 2013, 17:58

when you go out you meant to get away from work Tongues 

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Jul 23 2013, 18:02

Lol. I never get away from work totally. Nature of what I do...
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23 2013, 19:50

Hayley wrote:in a good or bad way caryll?

In a good way - really easy to use.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23 2013, 23:56

Steve wrote:why do people need the net on their phone for? i go out to get away from the net I dont want to s 

Yesi agree, i have been far too attached to mine. I actually deleted my phone today and i dont have FB and twitter on it anymore lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23 2013, 23:58

Have been doing lots of calculations and the iphone 5 will work out probably the cheapest and as everyone i know has one it is good for the free messages. sigh. Appears apple still have me in their grasp.

Next: black or white!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 24 2013, 00:10

Hayley wrote:
Steve wrote:why do people need the net on their phone for? i go out to get away from the net I dont want to s 

Yesi agree, i have been far too attached to mine. I actually deleted my phone today and i dont have FB and twitter on it anymore lol

before my s3 i had a omnia7 windows phone which i had my emails the forum,, fb ,,twitter,,tumbler(the last two iv never used lol)all set up on my phone and i was allways getting beeps and notifacations constant through the day so now iv not got nothing set up on my phone and how much better lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Jul 24 2013, 09:09

Dave wrote:My SII was ok but I think you have to be a girl to get full benefit from one ................Andy loves his Big Grin 

Sorry was that 2 statememts too close together Laughing 

You know it girlfriend dancing 
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Jul 24 2013, 10:25

Hayley wrote:Have been doing lots of calculations and the iphone 5 will work out probably the cheapest and as everyone i know has one it is good for the free messages. sigh. Appears apple still have me in their grasp.

Next: black or white!

Would be white for me, easier to find in the bottom of my bag.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 24 2013, 10:30

Ah. First world problem there Kathy! Very true.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 02 2013, 21:48

I would say s3 was better than Lumia> I love my BB for texting which I do a lot of. Android is better than iphone. You need to have a good lok at them and decide. Lumia is a good phone Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 02 2013, 22:02

going for the i5 - everyone i know has it...free texts haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down