Why can't they be tougher on these 'people'?

4 posters

Go down

Why can't they be tougher on these 'people'? Empty Why can't they be tougher on these 'people'?

Post by Mrs McFisher Fri Jun 28 2013, 09:21

Read in my local paper - Yorkshire Evening Post - This is literally 2 mins from my house - makes me sick to know it went on so close...

A COUPLE from Leeds put their dead dog out with the rubbish after allowing her to starve to death, a court heard.

Nathan Parker and Samantha Riley, of Boston Towers, Burmantofts, wrapped the body of Stella – a Staffordshire bull terrier – in a duvet cover and bin bag before dumping it.

The animal was found by RSPCA inspectors after a call to the charity’s cruelty line.

Inspector Sarah Bricoe said: “This dog starved and died in their home and was literally put out with the rubbish.”

Leeds Magistrates’ Court heard how the RSPCA found Stella among rubbish in the bin at the property on November 12 last year after receiving a tip-off from a concerned member of the public.

A vet estimated she had been starved for six to eight weeks before her death. Parker, 19, and Riley, 21, initially denied she was theirs, but backed down as evidence mounted up. Witnesses told investigators they owned the dog and CCTV showed them taking the bin bag out.

The duvet cover she was wrapped in matched the pillow cases in the couple’s flat.

They eventually pleaded guilty to three allegations under the Animal Welfare Act – failing to give Stella an adequate diet, causing unnecessary suffering by failing to investigate and treat her weight

loss and causing unnecessary suffering by failing to provide adequate veterinary attention.

Parker – currently in prison for other matters – was jailed for 16 weeks.

Riley was sentenced to 12 weeks in prison, suspended for 12 months.

She was also given a 30-day community order and ordered to pay £250 costs. Both were banned from keeping any animals for life.

Inspector Bricoe added: “This was a very serious case which has rightly resulted in a very serious sentence.

“This dog suffered for a long time – the vet estimated she was starved for six to eight weeks before contracting pneumonia in the last 48 hours, when she would have been struggling to breathe.

“In cases like this we always hope for a life ban on keeping animals as the best way of preventing others from suffering in future.”

Why suspend the sentence, just put her away straight away...are they really going to be bothers that they are banned for life? who is going to even be keeping an eye on them?
Mrs McFisher
Mrs McFisher
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Why can't they be tougher on these 'people'? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Louby
Dog(s) Ages : 6th May 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Why can't they be tougher on these 'people'? Empty Re: Why can't they be tougher on these 'people'?

Post by Guest Fri Jun 28 2013, 09:32

any animal crulety or child cruelty to me should be lifetime bans and tubes tied!

Back to top Go down

Why can't they be tougher on these 'people'? Empty Re: Why can't they be tougher on these 'people'?

Post by Guest Fri Jun 28 2013, 11:06

It's just horrible crying

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 28 2013, 11:08

12 & 16 weeks is a joke!angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs McFisher Fri Jun 28 2013, 11:11

It really is a joke - they even had a pic of the dogs body (not its face), but i couldnt look at it...Why have the sentence suspended? Makes me want to go round there and lock them up & starve them, let them see how it feels.
Mrs McFisher
Mrs McFisher

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Louby
Dog(s) Ages : 6th May 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Fri Jun 28 2013, 12:41

starve them for weeks on end and see how they like it! Ridiculous. Stuff like this makes me cry Sad
Maria90
Maria90
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by ANGIEMARKYOUNG Fri Jun 28 2013, 13:57

Omg that is horrid ... What I really want to know is how does this lifetime ban work? What's stopping them goin out and gettin another poor animal ... its not like we have to have licenses any more.... unfortunately.
ANGIEMARKYOUNG
ANGIEMARKYOUNG

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Jenson
Dog(s) Ages : 8 mths
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 28 2013, 14:55

It makes me so angry Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by uwoody Sat Jun 29 2013, 19:43

I suggested on my face book page the other day, half in jest half serious, a new law.

Woodys new law. Mistreat an animal and you have to go through exactly the same suffering as you put them through!

B**tards. Those sentances are never enough

woody
uwoody
uwoody
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Sophie (Collie X) and Boris (staffie x Border terrier)
Dog(s) Ages : 1 and a bit! and 3 years
Dog Gender(s) : Female (collie x) male (staffie cross)
Support total : 3

http://www.woodyspembs.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 29 2013, 19:51

disgusting!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30 2013, 09:27

We just have to be thankful that not everyone is like this , death penalty would be warranted in my book. I just fail to comprehend how anybody could even contemplate things like this . If I tread on the dogs paw I am racked with guilt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down