Just a lil something I'd like to share

4 posters

Go down

Just a lil something I'd like to share Empty Just a lil something I'd like to share

Post by Nathan Sat Jun 15 2013, 22:45

well one of our clients, a pet food/product company just brought out a natural homeopathic dog food company and will be incorporating there products into there range. I was responsible for migrating data and emails over to our hosted systems and as any curiouse dog owner would i took a sneaky peak at the data (making sure it was being transferd okay may i add).
one thing that struck me is an ingrediant that is widley available and according to vet reports and qualified research really does help and only needs about quater of a teaspoon per 11 lbs of body weight a day for great effects. its been proven in humans for anti inflamitory in joints, antibacterial properties, treatment of Alzheimer's Disease and eveen helps some cancers.
I will only focus on the data I have seen and that is to do with joints and the studies show it works wonders, of course they have to pad it out with lots of other stuff to turn a proffit but the main ingredient for doing all the work is the humble spice turmeric. I have let claire know and she will be giving her boy riley a daily dose with possibly the only side effect of bright yellow poo but who cares about that if it works which if what I have read is true it does. much better than pumping dogs full of chemicals and it seems to work better, just a shame the industry cant help but turn a proffit by adding loads of other stuff for a patent which isnt needed and drives up the price.
Nathan
Nathan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Just a lil something I'd like to share Empty Re: Just a lil something I'd like to share

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15 2013, 23:15

Sounds great! I would love that to be in a low calorie wainrights food. Get emailing!

Back to top Go down

Just a lil something I'd like to share Empty Re: Just a lil something I'd like to share

Post by Sazzle Sat Jun 15 2013, 23:19

Interesting, I have read that before somewhere?
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sat Jun 15 2013, 23:29

Sazzle wrote:Interesting, I have read that before somewhere?
probably, i googled it too and found pages and pages of good info on it. i just dont understand why it isnt more wide spread. its such a simple ingredient and easy to add to food and the vets data on it was glowing to say the least.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sat Jun 15 2013, 23:31

Yeah I did do a lot of research for helping the demodex, maybe that was it!
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sat Jun 15 2013, 23:41

Efficacy and safety of Curcuma domestica extracts in patients with knee osteoarthritis.
Kuptniratsaikul V, Thanakhumtorn S, Chinswangwatanakul P, Wattanamongkonsil L, Thamlikitkul V.
Source

Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand. sivth@mahidol.ac.th
Abstract
OBJECTIVE:

The objective of this study was to determine the efficacy and safety of Curcuma domestica extracts in pain reduction and functional improvement in patients with knee osteoarthritis.
STUDY DESIGN AND SETTING:

The design and setting were a randomized controlled study at a university hospital in Bangkok, Thailand.
METHODS:

One-hundred and seven (107) patients with primary knee osteoarthritis (OA) with pain score of > or =5 were randomized to receive ibuprofen 800 mg per day or C. domestica extracts 2 g per day for 6 weeks. The main outcomes were improvement in pain on level walking, pain on stairs, and functions of knee assessed by time spent during 100-m walk and going up and down a flight of stairs. The adverse events were also recorded.
RESULTS:

Fifty-two (52) and 55 patients were randomized to C. domestica extracts and ibuprofen groups, respectively. Baseline characteristics of the patients in both groups were not different. The mean scores of the aforementioned outcomes at weeks 0, 2, 4, and 6 were significantly improved when compared with the baseline values in both groups. There was no difference in those parameters between the patients receiving ibuprofen and C. domestica extracts, except pain on stairs (p = 0.016). No significant difference of adverse events between both groups was found (33.3% versus 44.2%, p = 0.36 in C. domestica extracts and ibuprofen groups, respectively).
CONCLUSIONS:

C. domestica extracts seem to be similarly efficacious and safe as ibuprofen for the treatment of knee OA.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by simoninwales Sun Jun 16 2013, 11:40

Some time ago The Tedster had a cyst type lump come up just inside the flap of one of his ears.

It wasn't causing him any distress and he wasn't scratching at it.

I treated it with Turmeric, you simmer it up into a paste and apply direct to the lump and it completly went away, you can't even see where it was now.

The only down side as already said is it stains like hell so he had a yellow ear for a while.

Simon & The Tedster
simoninwales
simoninwales
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Teddy
Dog(s) Ages : 2.5
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Jun 16 2013, 12:09

Fascinating reading there Nathan, my hubby suffers with OA in his knee badly, I think he is off to try it now.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 16 2013, 12:16

Great read Nathan, both my parents suffer from OA so ill be passing it on Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down