Still having issues with toilet

3 posters

Go down

Still having issues with toilet Empty Still having issues with toilet

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 07:36

Hello everyone.
Havent been on for a while
Holly is growing fast and is sucha good puppy.
The problem is she just gets caught up with playing and wont go out side for a wee.... BUT she will at my sisters house!....
what is happening there?. my sister had her over night with her rotti and they slept together on his bed.. ( very cute)
and she went out for a wee..... didnt soil her place once.. but here she goes behind the loung or in my room when we are not watching..... we have a dog door for her but cant let her use it while we are not home or watching cause she hasnt got the idea of going out.... she has been out side 80% of the time for about 2 weeks now as she was getting to hot in side of a night.. she was tossing and turning and panting all night so we moved her crate out on the deck , it is all undercover and is very large so she wont feel the wind or cold out there.

Back to top Go down

Still having issues with toilet Empty Re: Still having issues with toilet

Post by janey Mon Mar 28 2011, 09:17

All I can suggest is going back to square one Mel, make sure you clean everywhere where she is liable to go in your house and go back to basics. Holly really is a cute pup and I hope your still really enjoying her! Oh and that everything else is good too x
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 11:18

It's just a blimp in the training, that's all. A lot of pups do this, and then all of a sudden it clicks & you never have an accident again.

Do you get angry with her? I'd just ignore the fact that she's done it & clear it up with a non-amonia cleaner (a solution of biological washing powder is ideal).

If that doesn't work, then go back to basics - every hour until she remembers her manners again!

Back to top Go down

Post by debbiewaterhouse Mon Mar 28 2011, 11:49

Hollie hasn't had any accidents since early January, but...yesterday she peed on the lounge carpet, back door was open, so she could have gone outside...I didn't say anything to her and waited until she was out of the room before I cleaned it up. Then I realised why she'd done it....next door neighbour was in his garage using his very loud machinery to cut some metal, Hollie was scared...
debbiewaterhouse
debbiewaterhouse
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Divorced
Dogs Name(s) : Hollie & Dotts
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 & 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Females
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 14:00

Aww vinnie still has his occasional accident, still learning, hope she gets hang of it again soon Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by cmt Tue Mar 29 2011, 12:06

It's really hard isn't it, Nala is just 17 weeks (18 this week!) and she is overall pretty good, but we do have to keep an eye, and if she seems a little restless of an evening (as she usually sleeps all evening on our lap) I take her out straight away, and she usually goes. I do make sure I try her after food etc, and after drinks, even tho she's good I still encourage her to go out etc as if I don't spot her by the back door I know she would probably do it inside, young yet and it all takes time I guess. Up until now we would wake i the morning to some presents, but for the last two nights it's been totally dry, but there's nothing to say she won't have an accident tonight! Maybe putting her outside has confused her slightly about where she should do her business? I'm sure you will sort it, it just takes time with them, but I find it so rewarding when Nala runs outside and does her bit! All the best
cmt
cmt
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nala
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30 2011, 07:21

Well I am not sure why she did it this time... I wasnt home... my sister let her in and my dad shut the door.. so in her defence she couldnt get out if she wanted to....
No i dont get cranky at all... i just take her out side and clean it up with washing powder and water... no big deal.. I think she has wee'd 5 times in her whole life time.. not to bad.. just that she hasnt done it for so long.,.
maybe too cause my dad is here she is out of wack..
she will get there...
and YES we are def enjoying her..... first things the kids do in the mornign and last thing at night.. they love her coming into their rooms to tick them into bed...
she is sich a great lil puppy... well not to little anymore lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30 2011, 11:10

No, not so little! I think a lot of pups go through a stage of forgetting themselves, but they soon get back to where they were. She's very bright so I doubt it'll take her long!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down