other pets

Go down

other pets Empty other pets

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 03:14

other pets Lo

Here is a pic of our goat Sally and our dear old merino sheep Charlie, who had to be put to sleep late last year. We had him for nearly 10 years, and he was already fully grown when we got him, so we don't know how old he was. He was a dear old thing, and yes I cried !! Sally had an accident with her tether rope and lost a hoof...She was always escaping and getting out on the road, we had no choice but to keep her tethered. I know it sounds bad, but she can't escape now so at least she isn't tied up anymore !! She is as happy as anything and loves her goat muesli that I get from the feed shop!

Back to top Go down

other pets Empty Re: other pets

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 03:19

other pets Australindhol032
here is Tony giving Charlie some left over weetbix..Jethro is worried he might miss out on the action!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 03:24

other pets Sally048
we also have some chooks.. ' the girls ' .. and here is Jethro waiting to go in their yard and scab any leftover food scraps!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 03:29

other pets 3

.. and here are our other sheep. The one at the back was dear old Charlie.. the other 2 are Trooper and the lamb is Truffaud. ( they were both orphaned lambs from a neighbour.. he was going to leave them for the crows to get!! Eeekk!! We bottle fed both of them ) Trooper and Truffaud are both big fat lumps of lard now !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 03:36

other pets DarlingCarnabyin2003atBridgetown

.. and this was my darling old horse Carnaby not long before he died at 28. I got him when he was 5. I won't get another horse... they cost so much money to look after properly and too much heartache when they die!! RIP Carnaby X

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 03:44

Great pictures and great pets! Thanks for sharing! Carnaby was handsome horse, sorry for your loss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 03:50

..thanks for that. Carnaby looked like an old nag in this photo but in his prime he was very handsome!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 08:04

Great photos
Having a dog for 15 years is bad enough heartache to have to lose an animal after 28 years must be devastating.
Thanks for sharing your pics

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 08:07

..you are welcome. I am guilty off loving my pets far too much !! Makes it so hard when they go...... * sigh * .......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 08:08

and after 28 years......don't think I'd be able to cope with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 08:24

lovely pictures and what lovely pets, wow 28 years, you must have had some wonderful times and have lots of good memories

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 08:50

other pets BeautifulCarnaby1986

Yes we had some great times together. This is a photo of Carnaby when he was in his prime.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 08:53

He was a gorgeous horse, don't know loads about horses. Was he an arab? and looks about 16 hands

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 09:11

He was pretty big... 15.3 hands so you were very close! He was actually a thoroughbred crossed with a stock horse. So he was really chunky and solid. I only ever used him for riding through the bush.. so he had a charmed life with me. He was a dear boy.. a real sook. The last few years of his life he went to live on a farm with other old horses.. a sort of retirement village ! That way he had other horses around him. One day he was just found dead in the paddock.. I suppose that is the best way to go. But he did live to a great age for such a big horse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 11:18

other pets MymuchlovedBosonandKimba1980s

okay one last photo seeing as I scanned some old photos. This was my previous dog Kimba and cat Boson. Kimba I got from a dog home .. he was a corgi cross samoyd...had to get him PTS at 12 with cancer of the pancreas. Boson I found as a kitten dumped at a rubbish tip with her siblings... she was actually part burmese.. had her for 17 years and had to get her PTS due to kidney failure. They were both PTS within a few months of each other.. man, was that a hard year for me !! Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 14:45

In the pictures the mark on Carnaby's forehead looks kind of like a heart. Love Struck Kimba and Boson look so cute together, that must have been so tough to loose them so close to one an other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 15:42

Yes it was a very bad and sad year for me .
Bloomin pets... they just don't live long enough.!!
...and now Jethro is nearly 12 ... I don't even want to think about it..... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 19:53

Love it when they cuddle up for a sleep with the cat.
Great pic. It is hard but you do get so many great memories from them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 21:30

Vanessa they all look great i bet the beast in flip flops and jogging pants is the biggest handful Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29 2011, 04:44

Marty wrote:Vanessa they all look great i bet the beast in flip flops and jogging pants is the biggest handful Laughing

how right you are !!!!! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29 2011, 10:53

thanks everyone for your nice comments!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29 2011, 16:54

Fab pictures,i love your chickens.Ive always wanted some chickens in my garden Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down