+3
ANGIEMARKYOUNG
bluegia
otisthestafford
7 posters

Go down

So angry!  Empty So angry!

Post by CaraElizabeth Fri May 24 2013, 16:39

Hi everyone. First off I want to apologize for the number of posts I have made over the past few days, a lot has been going on and you guys are so supportive and always give great advice. Anyways I am so upset/angry. I live in an apartment complex (dog friendly but all dogs must first me approved by landlord). When we were getting Gwen our landlord gave me somewhat of a hard time saying that the SBT is the same dog as the american pit bull terrier. After providing her with research and information she reluctantly admitted she was wrong and approved Gwen. From the beginning I could tell she was judgmental about the breed. Last night I received a letter from her (my landlord). The letter said that the office has received SEVERAL complaints about our dog barking. She said she understands the dog barks for extended periods of time and that she is a nuisance to the other people in my building. I am LIVID!!! First of all there is an adult dog downstairs that barks constantly..its annoying but I would never call and complain. Second of all..she is a dog none the less a PUPPY obviously she is going to bark! If they dont like barking they should not be a dog friendly community! Gwen never barks for more than 20 minutes. Its not like shes home by herself and I cant be sure if she is barking. My OH is home with her all day. She definitely barks but not for hours at a time! Then the letter goes on to say if she is going to be monitoring this daily and that it needs to be rectified within 7 days or else further action will be taken!!! What kind of further action?? I just cant believe her and the people in my building. I am so angry and offended. Gwen is a puppy. The walls are so thin her but that is not my fault or Gwen's fault. Just looking for some advice on how to handle this because right now I would love to march right over there and give her a piece of my mind! But i know I cant do anything to make the situation worse. HELP!
CaraElizabeth
CaraElizabeth
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Gwen
Dog(s) Ages : 12/22/2012
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 145

Back to top Go down

So angry!  Empty Re: So angry!

Post by bluegia Fri May 24 2013, 16:43

Wow, I am sorry you have to go through this. Further action maybe threatening you to vacate or get rid of your dog, which is obviously not an option. Why dont you complain as well about how there is another dog who does the barking? and clarify that your dog is a puppy, therefore his barks cant be that loud, and he is a puppy, AKA a BABY!!!! babies and puppies cry/bark. It is only natural. Do that first and then see what she says.

If not you should really ask her, why is the building then dog friendly if the dogs cannot bark. It is only natural for them to do so. They cant stay quiet 24/7, just like humans cant keep their mouth shut all day!!!

at wits end
bluegia
bluegia
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : her name will be GIA or SAMBA
Dog(s) Ages : (pup in photo is my friendĀ“s. i want one like her)
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by CaraElizabeth Fri May 24 2013, 16:48

Exactly. Dont advertise yourself as "dog friendly" and then threaten to evict my dog when she barks! I hate everyone in my building now. Oh trust me I will be complaining..one person in my building BLASTS music from 7pm Friday straight through 9pm Sunday! I will be complaining about her too. Getting rid of Gwen is not an option. I am so offended..Gwennie is my baby and they are acting like she is some terrible dog when shes only a puppy. I know some people in my building are judgmental and they always ask if she is a pitbull so I think that also has something to do with it.
CaraElizabeth
CaraElizabeth

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24 2013, 16:48

Firstly you need to teach her to stop barking when you tell her to. Constant barking, even from a pup, is annoying!

When she barks, hold a treat up & as soon as she focusses on the treat she'll stop barking. The instant she stops say "Quiet" and give her the treat. If you do that every time she barks she'll soon catch on.

Next, write back telling your landlord that she doesn't bark all the time, only from time to time, and that you're taking stepd to rectify it. But also say that there's another dog downstairs that barks constantly, and could it be that dog that the neighbours are hearing? You don't need to point a finger at the other owner at the moment, just make the sugestion that they have the wrong dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24 2013, 17:00

I would be finding somewhere else to live and just leaving the place in a right state without any notice or forwarding address.. but thats me. I can't abide unwarranted "drama" and would need to leave before i went mad and set the place on fire lol

Back to top Go down

Post by CaraElizabeth Fri May 24 2013, 17:04

Hayley, LOL that is exactly what I feel like doing right now. However it is not really an option because I would have no where else to go.

Caryll- I will work on her barking with that method. However she definitely does not bark for extended periods of time/hours at a time! She maybe barks total for 10 minutes per day..not all at once though!
CaraElizabeth
CaraElizabeth

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24 2013, 17:28

I can't give any advice, I haven't had to deal with it, but I'm sorry you're going through this, must be stressful Sad it isn't your fault and certainly not Gwen's fault. Agree with the advice given though, and hope you can sort it out Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by otisthestafford Fri May 24 2013, 18:01

This whole situation must be very frustrating for you! I live in flats too and have had to have to stick up for Otis when we first got him as they were blaming us for letting him poo where the washing is hung, which by the way I never would and always have poop bags at the ready if he ever did. So what I am tryin to say is I totally get your frustration here.

I would advise that you follow what Caryll has said about the barking and also do write a letter back to the landlord politely mentioning that there is another dog who is causing the trouble. I hope you get this sorted!!

Last edited by otisthestafford on Fri May 24 2013, 18:11; edited 1 time in total
otisthestafford
otisthestafford

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Otis
Dog(s) Ages : 22.09.2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 294

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24 2013, 18:06

Hayley wrote:I would be finding somewhere else to live and just leaving the place in a right state without any notice or forwarding address.. but thats me. I can't abide unwarranted "drama" and would need to leave before i went mad and set the place on fire lol

But with rented accommodation you'd lose the security deposit!

Back to top Go down

Post by bluegia Fri May 24 2013, 18:08

Great advice, Caryll!
bluegia
bluegia

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : her name will be GIA or SAMBA
Dog(s) Ages : (pup in photo is my friendĀ“s. i want one like her)
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24 2013, 18:14

Caryll wrote:
Hayley wrote:I would be finding somewhere else to live and just leaving the place in a right state without any notice or forwarding address.. but thats me. I can't abide unwarranted "drama" and would need to leave before i went mad and set the place on fire lol

It would be worth it if you made more damage than the deposits worth >Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24 2013, 18:17

But then she has to find the deposit for another apartment. That's ok if you have pots of money, but most of us couldn't afford to throw away that sort of money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24 2013, 19:28

Aww how rotten for you, I hope you get it sorted soon fab advice from caryll, might pinch that one too, darcy's not much of a barker but if something sets her of she doesn't listen wen I ask her to stop Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ANGIEMARKYOUNG Fri May 24 2013, 22:13

Laughing

Im afraid that would be my answer too but u have to behave i suppose all i can think of is try and address it by writing a letter as Caryll had said but if that dont work then go with the above suggestion Laughing
I live in a flat too, luckily all the people in my building have been fine with jenson dont know how i would react in all honesty if there was a complaint made against him.
ANGIEMARKYOUNG
ANGIEMARKYOUNG
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
So angry!  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Jenson
Dog(s) Ages : 8 mths
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Sat May 25 2013, 08:06

Hayley wrote:
Caryll wrote:

It would be worth it if you made more damage than the deposits worth >Smile

Not sure that would do much to enhance the opinion of staffies and their owners, already held by some people.
reuben
reuben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora Sat May 25 2013, 08:51

Caryll wrote:Firstly you need to teach her to stop barking when you tell her to. Constant barking, even from a pup, is annoying!

When she barks, hold a treat up & as soon as she focusses on the treat she'll stop barking. The instant she stops say "Quiet" and give her the treat. If you do that every time she barks she'll soon catch on.

Next, write back telling your landlord that she doesn't bark all the time, only from time to time, and that you're taking stepd to rectify it. But also say that there's another dog downstairs that barks constantly, and could it be that dog that the neighbours are hearing? You don't need to point a finger at the other owner at the moment, just make the sugestion that they have the wrong dog.

This. I'd also start looking at moving, your landlady sounds like a bit of a dolt.
aurora
aurora
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a civil partnership
Dogs Name(s) : Taco and Sophie
Dog(s) Ages : 8th of February 2013
Dog Gender(s) : Male; Female
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 25 2013, 09:46

P.S.

CaraJeff11 wrote: First off I want to apologize for the number of posts I have made over the past few days,

Please don't apologise for posting! That's what the forum's all about - post as many times as you want! thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by CaraElizabeth Sat May 25 2013, 16:35

Thanks Caryll! You have been so knowledgeable and helpful on here! You really know almost everything there is to know about dogs! I just feel like I'm taking over the forum this past week! Just has been a lot going on!
CaraElizabeth
CaraElizabeth

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by frankie33 Sun May 26 2013, 10:54

Well i think it's great you keep posting. No harm in asking others for help or advise. This forum is great and would be lost without it.. And as for your neighbors ( TOUGH TITTY ).. Smile
frankie33
frankie33

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : frankie
Dog(s) Ages : 20/03/13
Dog Gender(s) : boy
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down