How to reply and Quote only a portion of prev mssg ????

Go down

How to reply and Quote only a portion of prev mssg ???? Empty How to reply and Quote only a portion of prev mssg ????

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25 2011, 11:03

Hello there,

Ok , i'll admit it. I'm a bit of a computer dummy and really only know the basics.

Just wondering if anybody can explain in "dummys" terms how i can reply to a mssg, and quote a portion of something that somebody has already written. I have managed to work out how to quote a whole mssg, but I have seen some people only quote a line or two.

Hope this makes sense, and hope u can help.

Thanx...

P.S. : The multi-quote has got me stumped too

Back to top Go down

How to reply and Quote only a portion of prev mssg ???? Empty Re: How to reply and Quote only a portion of prev mssg ????

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25 2011, 13:49

For the quoting within a quote, the easiest way is to press the quote button so the whole quote comes up, then just delete what you don't want. For the multi quote, I can't remember how to do it but thee is a thread on it in the forum help section somewhere. Good luck Smile

Back to top Go down

How to reply and Quote only a portion of prev mssg ???? Empty Re: How to reply and Quote only a portion of prev mssg ????

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25 2011, 14:47

Yes, just press 'quote' & then highlight & delete the bits you don't want. With multiquotes just click the multi quote button in each of the posts you want to use & then click postreply as usual. You can type things yourself in between each quote.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25 2011, 14:52

Thank-you

I will give it a try next time when I want to quote stuff.

I appreciate the help

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Mar 25 2011, 15:13

This helped me multiquote, I'm also a pc dunce lol

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t2225-multi-quotes
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down