Canny collar advice

Go down

Thumbsup Canny collar advice

Post by Guest Thu May 23 2013, 19:20

I tried Shéara's new canny collar today a couple of times. He tried to wriggle out of it, but as soon as he was walking, he forgot all about it. Dont get me wrong, its fantastic, he doesnt pull in the slightest even if we pass other people or dogs (which is why i got it) however, im concerned about the freedom whilst walking.

To use the collar to its full potential, you need to hold the leash in an upwards position and have the lead quite short. Like any dog, Shéara loves to sniff about and walk in the grass/bushes whilst i stick to the path, but he cant do this thus not a lot of wees/poops.

I tried the collar with his extendy lead, but when the lead is loose, so is the collar.

How can I incorparate the collar training with walking him on his extendy lead?

Hope this makes sense....any help much appriciated!

Back to top Go down

Thumbsup Re: Canny collar advice

Post by Guest Thu May 23 2013, 19:26

All I can sugest is to use an ordinary collar as well, or a harness. That way you can swap over for short periods.

I've never used a head collar of any sort, so I'm not a lot of help. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu May 23 2013, 19:44

I found this video for fitting the Canny Collar but not sure about fitting it to an extendable lead sorry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxLAntnb2IM
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23 2013, 19:52

Hmmm now that ive tried it, I just cant see how its going to help really. Think ill walk him with the colla in the morning and walk him on the extendy in the evening. I only really wanted it to help stop pulling towards other dogs/people/bikes but i suppose its only natural to them.

Ill carry on with it, but im not feeling to optimistic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23 2013, 21:32

it's slight rearward tension you should have not up , I find on a short loose lead Tommy was fine with this and very relaxed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23 2013, 21:47

Dave wrote:it's slight rearward tension you should have not up , I find on a short loose lead Tommy was fine with this and very relaxed

Thats what i meant...more up than back. He is relaxed, but I cant let him off everyday and with the lead being short he cant explore as much. I just feel like im restraining him. Ill let you know how i get on anyway, its only been one day Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23 2013, 21:55

It's a pain to take on and off but would normally walk Tommy somewhere for 15 mins to get an hour off lead and if I had to clip him on in that period then just on his harness then canny collar on to walk back

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down