Millionth question about staffs jumping up

2 posters

Go down

Millionth question about staffs jumping up Empty Millionth question about staffs jumping up

Post by turtle342 Fri May 17 2013, 20:32

Hey guys, Jay is settling in well but we could do with some advice on how to get him stopping jumping up on the sofa, he will sit infront of us staring, and as soon as we move he will jump up and start humping. He won't listen any commands such as sit, and he takes removing him from the leg as a game, and will get excited and grab loose clothing around your wrist and tug it, get nippy with your hands and as soon as he has any leeway will be striaght on his back legs again trying to grab a leg!

It's hard to praise him when we do get him sat quietly for a few mins because I'm worried he'll start associating this naughtyness with being told to sit and then getting lots of fuss. I've taken to taking him to his bed and making him stay there, but should you use bed as a "naughty corner"?

He's at the point at the moment where its hard to have him in the living room when we're relaxing in the evening, because he'll be sat staring at us and any opportunity he gets will result in a leg having a pooch attatched to it!

turtle342
turtle342
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Jay
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Millionth question about staffs jumping up Empty Re: Millionth question about staffs jumping up

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 20:37

He sounds a bit hyper, to be honest.

What are you feeding him & what sort of exercise is he getting?

Back to top Go down

Millionth question about staffs jumping up Empty Re: Millionth question about staffs jumping up

Post by Sazzle Fri May 17 2013, 20:45

Definitely don't punish him by putting him in his bed, maybe just take him out of the room?

I let Daisy on the sofa so I' afraid I can't really offer advise on this!
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by turtle342 Fri May 17 2013, 21:01

He gets just over half hour walk in the morning, hour at lunch time and between hour n half to 2 hours in the evening, and the worst time was yesterday after playing catch for an hour after his evening walk!

Can't remember what the food is called and my partners semi asleep on my leg at the moment so don't wanna disturb her! Bless! It was one recommended by pets at home though.

Didn't think bed as punishment was a good idea as that is supposed to be their safe place! When he is in that mood though he will not listen to any command but I'll try putting him out of the room instead though!
turtle342
turtle342

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Jay
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down