Proud!

4 posters

Go down

Proud! Empty Proud!

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 12:36

Vinnie is now 8months old and i thought i'd share how well he is doing .. he is now house trained and very good at it!! Big Grin he has a couple of accidents now and then but not often! his still getting used to it Big Grin
he is now great on the lead! doesn't pull at all and will walk in front but not too far where he is pulling!! Big Grin he's also stopped with his nipping almost completely .. he will still occasionaly when he gets over excited but just saying 'AH' and hiding our hands/arms n' ignoring him he will realise its wrong and lick ya as if to say sorry haha.
He's just got to get the hang of coming when called all the time now! he does it most of the time but like most if he's pre-occupied it takes a lil while to kick in his been called! haha, He is also great with other dogs, loves meeting new dogs, and the other day someones staffy ran out there house and stood right at his face making vinnie jump a lil because we didnt even see him coming, Vinnie just stood there looked at me and waited for him to move lol.
Im currently STILL trying to get him to do paw tho haha ... he has only ever done it once and others just looks at ya like wtf you on woman! lol, so still trying to train that one into him .. he does know sit, roll over, down etc so just matter of constantly working it into him.
He is turning into one very well behaved handsome man! Smile .. my mom is over the moon with his progress, which is good cuz it means he gets more hugs of her! hahaha
So overall vinnie is making excellent progress! Smile .. but as i type this his just bought a stick in from the garden and chewing it all of my just vacuumed rug! *DOH* haha

Back to top Go down

Proud! Empty Re: Proud!

Post by debbiewaterhouse Mon Mar 21 2011, 12:45

but as i type this his just bought a stick in from the garden and chewing it all of my just vacuumed rug! *DOH* haha .
Lol...Hollie does this all the time, I'm sure she waits until i've just vacuumed Laughing
Vinnie's doing great by the sounds of it, he's lovely Love Struck
debbiewaterhouse
debbiewaterhouse
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Divorced
Dogs Name(s) : Hollie & Dotts
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 & 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Females
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 12:48

haha! always the way aye! haha .. yhh he is =D

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Mar 21 2011, 12:55

Yep know the stick thing well, although yesterday it was the remains of a rugby ball! Vinnie sounds amazing and the paw thing will come! How did you manage roll over I've been trying that for ages she can do everything else, even bring a stick closer to me when I tell her I can't reach it but roll over she hasn't got! Tips please???
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 13:33

Sounds like he's doing great.

Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 13:36

For roll over i had a treat in my hand .. and with the same hand i usually say down and put my hand (with treat in) on floor so he lies down then take your hand around to her cheek and she should follow with her head and then round to the back of her head further untill she cant follow with her head and will have to roll to catch the treat Smile obv go slow with ya hand at first so she can catch on Smile hope this helps,

Back to top Go down

Post by cmt Mon Mar 21 2011, 13:57

You are doing really well, our little one, Nala is just 16 weeks and is biting my children quite a bit! She does however sit and give paw! Toilet training is also going pretty well, she sits by the back door bless, although can't go overnight without going, she goes on the pads through the night but is only a baby yet! I'm going to give the roll over a try now tho - next step!
cmt
cmt
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nala
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 18:33

awww yeaa, puppys always will bite wont they

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Mar 21 2011, 18:42

Ok so I've tried the rolling over thing! She just stares at me as if to say "what the bleedin hell are you doing with that treat!" Then gets up and plods of and lies in another place on the floor Laughing

I will persevere though!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 18:56

haha! Vinnie did look at me the same way the first couple of times i did it haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 21:25

staffy-lover89 wrote:For roll over i had a treat in my hand .. and with the same hand i usually say down and put my hand (with treat in) on floor so he lies down then take your hand around to her cheek and she should follow with her head and then round to the back of her head further untill she cant follow with her head and will have to roll to catch the treat Smile obv go slow with ya hand at first so she can catch on Smile hope this helps,

Tried this earlier on this evening with Dempsey. He just stood up & snatched the treat out of my hand. Nearly took the top of my fingers with it!

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon Mar 21 2011, 22:04

Nice puppies are wonderful but its nice when they settle and grow and calm just that little bit Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 22:41

Vinnie sounds like he is growing into a fine example of a staffy. Well done to you both.

For paw I made blue sit, then grabbed his paw and shaked hands then clicked the clicker and treated. They will soon catch on and start lifting their paw ready.
Roll over I also used the same technique. Down then hold the treat between finger and thumb so they can see the treat. Go to give the treat and as they go to eat it move your hand anti clockwise close around the head. When your hand is at 9oclock they should be on they side then continue your hand round back to 6 o clock and they should have rolled completly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 23:59

[quote="BlueStaffBlue"]Vinnie sounds like he is growing into a fine example of a staffy. Well done to you both.
For paw I made blue sit, then grabbed his paw and shaked hands then clicked the clicker and treated. They will soon catch on and start lifting their paw ready.
quote]

Thankyou! Smile .. yeaa thats what i've been doing occasionally he will but il just have to sit down with him and drill it in! hahah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 07:59

For some reason some tricks take ages for them to learn and others 2 mins.
Never get my head round this but 1 trick I taught blue was to play dead and the signal for it is to shape my hand into a gun and shoot him.
He learnt this trick in 2 mins
Spin on the other hand took me 4 weeks Laughing
You would think it would be the other way round

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 08:29

Billy can sit, paw x 2, stay.
Can't do the lie down yet, how do you manage it, he just puts his head down but not his body.

Sounds like Vinny is doing really well

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23 2011, 21:41

Well done Vinnie wot a star thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23 2011, 21:46

lynne wrote:Billy can sit, paw x 2, stay.
Can't do the lie down yet, how do you manage it, he just puts his head down but not his body.

Sounds like Vinny is doing really well

Start him in the sit position, then hold a treat in front of him with your right hand, put your left arm behind his front legs, say 'down' (make it a command, not a plea! It's an unnatural position for a dog - they're very vulnerable in the down - and they need to be able to trust you) and as you move the treat towards the floor ease his front legs forward. If that doesn't work, use the treat again but this time place your left hand on the top of his shoulders & as you move the treat down press down on his shoulders.

Hopefully he'll find it easier to lay down than to do anything else!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23 2011, 23:06

Thanks guys Big Grin he is doing very well Smile .. he went to work with me tonight to meet everyone because he has some fans haha! .. he loved it and got comments on how well behaved he is Big Grin
.. yee vinnie can also spin Smile and do the in out in out of ya legs Tongues
to teach him to lye down i just basically had a treat in my hand showed him so he knew i had it .. got him to sit and then as he watched my hand slowly (not too fast or they are like woah!) haha .. slowly put my hand down on to the floor saying down his head will go down first but hopefully his body will follow into down position, this may take few attempts but ya never no Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down