Happy Ending!

Go down

Happy Ending! Empty Happy Ending!

Post by Guest Sat May 04 2013, 16:54

Just want to share this little story with you which happened today. Went to visit my Mum earlier and my Sister in law rang to say they had been shopping in town and on their way back were held up with traffic stopped thinking there had been an accident. On closer inspection there was a dog running in the road very close to being knocked over. They saw people getting out their cars to help but when they saw it was a staffy got back in their cars and drove off!

My Sister in law managed to get hold of her and went straight to the local vets to check for micro chip, sadly to no avail. She had no chip and no collar only a harness. Vet said she would have to ring the pound, which my Sister in law didnt want to do as very dubious to what may happen to her! The vet said that as she was not chipped or had no ID its like no one is admitting to owning her, apart from it being against the law!.
So she left her details incase anybody made any enquiries and took her home where she crated her as not knowing what she would be like with their own dog. Hence I had to jump in the car and go and see her she was a gorgeous brindle girl with a great temperment.

By the time I had got there the owners parents had rang vets and were on their way to collect her, but I think my Sister in law would had kept her if no one had come foward rather than send her to the pound. Apparently their Grandaughter had took her for a walk and hadnt put her collar on, and being told not to let her off the lead she had ignored it and released her for a run around!. The dog was a rescue and on her third home so sad but the people seemed great and the dog seemed very happy to see them. We both strongly advised micro chipping and the law of always having a collar on her. So off she went a happy little girl and an extremely lucky girl for not being run over all through the stupidity of irresponsible people! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Happy Ending! Empty Re: Happy Ending!

Post by Guest Sat May 04 2013, 16:59

Aww it could have turned out really bad, so glad it was a happy ending, not sure your sister in law is though Laughing new dog for them now perhaps?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04 2013, 17:06

Glad it was sorted although I bet your sis was gutted Smile. Maybe a rescue Staff for her? Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04 2013, 17:10

Chiara wrote:Glad it was sorted although I bet your sis was gutted Smile. Maybe a rescue Staff for her? Big Grin
Yes Claire I think secretly she was! My brother said "I only went out to get a new pair of boots and came back with a Staffy!" Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04 2013, 17:16

Glad it all got sorted out in the end, and good on your sister-in-law for helping her out Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04 2013, 18:38

Great it ended well, an un microchipped, collar-less Staffy running free could have ended up in very bad hands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sat May 04 2013, 18:40

Glad it worked out, nice to hear of a happy ending! Smile
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy