What is the Best Dried Puppy Food

Go down

What is the Best Dried Puppy Food Empty What is the Best Dried Puppy Food

Post by SholaAkinz Tue Apr 23 2013, 01:11

I want to know what would be the best complete puppy food for my pup Prince. When i first got him at 7+ weeks i had him on Morrisons puppy complete and he loved it. But i tried to change him to a better quality food which was Iams proactive health smart puppy and he doesn't finish the food like he used to. I did gradually switch him over a 4 day period but now that his fully on the Iams brand he doesn't finish his bowl.

So now i am looking for a brand that is great for Prince's health and is high in quality any ideas?
SholaAkinz
SholaAkinz
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Prince
Dog(s) Ages : 11 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

What is the Best Dried Puppy Food Empty Re: What is the Best Dried Puppy Food

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23 2013, 01:19

There are a few great quality dry foods out there. I feed Loki on Wainwright's, the breeder had him on it and he's been on it since, and he loves it, never had any problems with it and he's always eaten it. Fish4Dogs and James Wellbeloved are also great foods that come highly recommended from the members here Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by SholaAkinz Tue Apr 23 2013, 03:30

Thanks Tara i will look into those brands, i would also like know what kinda food content percentages i should be looking out for both good and bad.
SholaAkinz
SholaAkinz

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23 2013, 03:57

Not sure if this is what you mean, but I'd stay away from anything that lists anything as the first ingredient other than meat, especially cereals. For example, this is from Bakers (the worst dog food out there):

Cereals, Meat and animal derivatives (15%1 in the chunk, 4%2 in the brown & natural kernels), Vegetable protein extracts, Derivatives of vegetable origin, Oils and fats, Various sugars, Vegetables (1% dried chicory root (natural ingredient), green & yellow kernels: 0.6 % dried vegetables, equivalent to 4% vegetables), Propylene glycol, Minerals.

First ingredient is cereals, which are useless for dogs, and the second ingredient says meat, but doesn't name which meat, which means it's not really good quality meat. This is from Wainwrights, what I feed Loki:

Duck 28% (Duck meat meal, Duck gravy),Brown rice (26%), Barley Meal (14%), Potato Protein (10%), Rapeseed Oil(8%), Sugar Beet Pulp (6%), Linseed (5%), Alfalfa (2%), Minerals (includes Kelp 250mg/kg, Yucca Extract 200mg/kg, Marigold Meal 50mg/kg, Rosemary Extract 5mg/kg), Seaweed (0.4%).

First listed ingredient is a named meat, so you know it has a good amount of meat in there as opposed to cereals and things the dog doesn't need. So I'd say always go for something like that Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23 2013, 07:08

We feed darcy arden grange which she loves and I recommend it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by SholaAkinz Wed Apr 24 2013, 18:27

Thank you for the great feedback and Tara, that you was spot on and really helpful information.
SholaAkinz
SholaAkinz

Status Status :

Back to top Go down