The Bully Breeds - book by Dr David Harris

4 posters

Go down

The Bully Breeds - book by Dr David Harris Empty The Bully Breeds - book by Dr David Harris

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14 2011, 11:38

Bought this at Crufts. Been wanting to buy it for months, but couldn't afford the £40+ that was being asked for it. The Our Dogs stand had it on sale at a special show price of £20!!!

VERY good book. The guy has so much experience with the bully breeds. He breeds & judges Bull Terriers, but also judges world wide most of the bull breeds. He originally comes from Birmingham, but now lives in the USA.

Back to top Go down

The Bully Breeds - book by Dr David Harris Empty Re: The Bully Breeds - book by Dr David Harris

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14 2011, 13:21

what a bargain, going off to google the book

enjoy

Smile

Back to top Go down

The Bully Breeds - book by Dr David Harris Empty Re: The Bully Breeds - book by Dr David Harris

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14 2011, 14:12

There are a load on abebooks.co.uk at less than £20 now, but you have to pay postage - and they weren't there before!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14 2011, 14:26

Caryll wrote:There are a load on abebooks.co.uk at less than £20 now, but you have to pay postage - and they weren't there before!

but they are not from Crufts

I thought that only; happened to me - rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14 2011, 14:49

It really is a good book, though. It includes the APBT, the Stafford, the AmStaff, the EBT, the Miniature EBT and the Boston Terrier. Good insight into all 6 breeds.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Mar 14 2011, 16:20

Sounds like its worth a read, library here I come!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14 2011, 16:26

janey wrote:Sounds like its worth a read, library here I come!

same here, like to look before I buy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14 2011, 20:42

janey wrote:Sounds like its worth a read, library here I come!

It's definitely worth a read, the guy really knows his dogs. And there are some lovely photos in it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise C Tue Mar 15 2011, 12:34

lynne wrote:what a bargain, going off to google the book

enjoy

Smile

Me too, or see if there is one on ebay. I love a good read.
Louise C
Louise C

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15 2011, 13:08

David Harris has written several books, some of them really in depth. I have one of his on the developement of the coloured bull terrier, and it isn't one you'd read cover to cover straight away unless you're a professor of genetics!

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Sun Mar 20 2011, 10:25

i have a book that my oh got of one of her pationts ages ago....cos they was talking about staffs and she said she had 2....
anyway the book is really old its from the 1950,s its by john f.gordon f.z.s.........

iv never really giving it a read. do flick thro it from time to time...might have to stick my head in it a bit more as it has tones of helpfull stuff from wot i see....
scott
scott

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : stich lelo
Dog Gender(s) : stich(m) lelo(f)
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20 2011, 11:55

John Gordon was a very knowledgable man on the breed. A good read!

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Sun Mar 20 2011, 14:01

well iv started to read it properly today from the start...

been good so far..
scott
scott

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : stich lelo
Dog Gender(s) : stich(m) lelo(f)
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Mar 20 2011, 18:11

Heard its very good im trying to hint to my hubby to get me a kindle but I think hes choosing to turn a deaf ear im going to keep trying though so I can get it Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down