Home trial

3 posters

Go down

Home trial Empty Home trial

Post by Ticklymac Sun Apr 07 2013, 14:20

So went and got Diesel potentional playmate today for his home trial, let them meet and outside and took them for a walk together everything went good, so we headed home to see how he'd get on in the house. Kept them both on lead and gave him the guided tour, everything seemed fine so let them both off. Had a good wee sniff about, Diesel falling him around, a few wee playful paws. He seemed really at ease and they both went through to kitchen got a well needed drink - from the same bowl. Had a wee play, got a rope toy out for them to play with - awsum the two of them playing tug a war!! Had a wee afternoon snack of raw shank each - no fighting. Followed by more play, Two of them totally knackered themselves out and he crashed out. So all seems to go really well Big Grin Think we'r gonna call him Leroy and probably gonna go thru with the adoption as long as the rest of the trail goes well.
As u can see he has made himself quite at home, crashed out snoring away! about to fall...
Home trial 2013-04-07140434_zps4c29e0ed

oh and also cant wait to get him home perm to get him on raw! he hasn't stop farting since he got her! Laughing

I took a wee vid of them playing, cause i had posted a few days ago about what is play and what is fighting? All is fine, he gets her by the collar at one point, but at the end of the vid they do start to get a wee bit carried away they do stop with a loud shout but just wanna see your opinion?
Home trial Th_video-2013-04-07-13-25-57_zps88288e02
Ticklymac
Ticklymac
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel + Leroy
Dog(s) Ages : 17mnths - bout 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ male
Support total : 31

Back to top Go down

Home trial Empty Re: Home trial

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 14:22

Sounds brilliant! Well done with it all. thumbs up

I hope to do the same myself soon Smile

Great pics of them too Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 14:24

As for the vid it is just typical Stafford playing. As long as you can stop it when it gets too much it's no problem Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 14:25

They did take it a little too far at the end but you just have to learn to stop that before it gets to that stage , certainly no worse then my 2 together , up until that point everything else was really fine and typical

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 14:35

I can't view the video Sad but great news! I hope there rest of the trial goes well! Well done so far Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Apr 07 2013, 14:39

I cant view the video either, looks like they both on well though, good luck with the adoption hoping it all goes along OK
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Sun Apr 07 2013, 14:45

thanks all. Yeh thought it went a wee bit too far but as you can see (or sum can see) they did stop with a shout which was reassuring.
My only worry is, what happens if it goes too far when i'm not in?
He really seems like a good lad, he'l listen when told to get off the couch etc (wish Diesel was the same lol) and seems so comfy like he's always been here.
However Diesel is a bit of a pest,,,,,,he'll happily lie down and chill out but she keeps pestering him and wont just lie down too. She's obvious isn't used to havin a playmate in the house and is mayb just unsure of how to be....any ideas how i can get her just to chill too?
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 14:54

Don't leave them together when you go out, that way you know they're both safe and nothing can get out of hand Big Grin. Glad they're getting on so well, and if they do go a bit too far, you can get used to learning what's OK and what's not, and then stop it before it gets to that point. I think they all have their little scraps, but sounds like they're doing well Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 14:57

Yea I agree. Avoid leaving them together. Baby gates are good for seperating off areas, assuming they won't jump

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 15:01

Ticklymac wrote:thanks all. Yeh thought it went a wee bit too far but as you can see (or sum can see) they did stop with a shout which was reassuring.
My only worry is, what happens if it goes too far when i'm not in?
He really seems like a good lad, he'l listen when told to get off the couch etc (wish Diesel was the same lol) and seems so comfy like he's always been here.
However Diesel is a bit of a pest,,,,,,he'll happily lie down and chill out but she keeps pestering him and wont just lie down too. She's obvious isn't used to havin a playmate in the house and is mayb just unsure of how to be....any ideas how i can get her just to chill too?

As Tara says keep them separate when you are out , we do with my 2 , Tommy has the kitchen (more because he is a little bugger) and Tilly has the rest of the house. There is only a childs safety gate separating them but its enough , they are not in contact to wind each other up but they can see each other .
Apart from this they are never apart unless they choose to be by themselves

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Sun Apr 07 2013, 15:19

yeh i'll need to try and work something out to keep them separate...Diesel usually gets left with the kitchen and hall...
He can jump quite high...dunno if he'd just jump a baby-gate if i put one on the kitchen door....maybe see if he would be ok in a crate and put that in the living room?
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 18:21

Depending on his background, he might need to take it very slow with a crate for him to get used to it, but no harm in trying it as long as it's done properly Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by otisthestafford Sun Apr 07 2013, 18:37

That is fantastic Smile So pleased that went really well
otisthestafford
otisthestafford

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Otis