Does anybody else live in a heavy handed house ???

3 posters

Go down

Does anybody else live in a heavy handed house ??? Empty Does anybody else live in a heavy handed house ???

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 11:05

Since getting married this time round and having a "child", I have had to replace many door handles that just magically stopped working , a back upvc door that the hinge just broke off on one day ( I came in and closed it behind me and it fell on me Sad ), the taps upstairs are repaired on a twice yearly basis (First time for me we know an old boy that was a plumber but he's ill at the moment Sad ) , floorboards that just collapsed underneath me , washing machines that the door just "came off in their hands" .

In my 5 years living with wife no 1 and no children everything went so smoothly thinking

And when the going gets tough , I can't even start work as we have an "emergency" whereby if the washing machine does not complete 1 load before the water gets turned off then we will all die

Back to top Go down

Does anybody else live in a heavy handed house ??? Empty Re: Does anybody else live in a heavy handed house ???

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 11:11

Can't say this has ever happened in our house Laughing. My brother once left the shower running and the floor below ended up completely soaked because of it, but everything works well...

...except the fact that five of the lights in the house work perfectly during the day, but magically stop working at night when they're needed. But I can't blame that on anyone.

Back to top Go down

Does anybody else live in a heavy handed house ??? Empty Re: Does anybody else live in a heavy handed house ???

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 11:26

Laughing

English Dicionary
-------------------------

Homewrecker . Noun.
A person who breaks up a marriage of a family or Dave last seen in Leek

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 12:03

I'm only in this house 2 years now. The only bad thing that has happened was I was cleaning the bath and filled it about 1/4 full and let the water out after. When I came downstairs I noticed water dripping from the roof.

The pipe had came off and all the water was coming through the floor Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 12:16

One of the reasons that I rent. Our place is fairly small though so not much to go wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 13:09

Theres always something going wrong in my house, its falling apart Laughing boilers on it way out, tap leaking, plaster cracking, windows sticking and not opening.... Something new everyday!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Apr 07 2013, 13:15

No we dont have many things go wrong with the property, we rent too. The worst we had was the idiots in the flat above us leaving a tap running and causing a major leak in our flat banghead DON'T GO THERE.

Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Sun Apr 07 2013, 13:46

Yes I have all those things, I wouldn't mind but it's not always the little kids, it's the waster of a stepson that happens to the most disrespectful clumbsy a-hole I've ever had the misfortune of meeting. Can't open a door without barging throught it, he's either pushing or pulling it before he's even pushed the handle down fully, and when he closes it I usually tell him to pick the f-ing door up on yer way out. He can't seem to make it through the back door without stepping on the upvc frame, ya know cos it's hard work to step over it. Can't work a button or touchscreen without applying about 20g's of gforce through his finger, lightswitches have to be bitch slapped on and off, pull chord in bathroom is yanked like cesar milan pulling on a choke chain, hoover is dragged up the stairs with the plug dangling by his feet innevitably leading to dropping it down the stairs, bathroom turns into a wet room when he uses shower, I could go on but I'll just get angrier.

I will assume from your initial post the you are the one paying for the appliances and you are the one fixing everything or paying for repairs, if not I'll apologise for the assumption. My problem is I'm the idiot that keeps repairing/replacing things while the stepson sits on his * playin xbox and facebook all day, so he clearly has no idea how much these things cost and how hard I have to work for them, luckily some girl that was clearly very desperate took a liking to him and he moved in with her, and since then nothing has broke.

Up to now the damage has been 3 hoovers, countless door repairs, water damage to ceiling and downstairs walls, floorboards, 3 light switches, upvc door seal and no end of tightening up hinges on kitchen units, all this and more and he lived with us for less than a year. Luckily I've also moved out and have been looking at some places, and have made very clear to the o/h and other potential visitors that like when I was single, NOBODY will be touching any of my appliances, or my doors/windows not even my kettle, and if they don't like it, they simply don't visit.
stig
stig
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Does anybody else live in a heavy handed house ??? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stig
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 13:53

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor Oh Stig , yes you are right I am the one paying for it all , it's really comforting to know I'm not alone

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Apr 07 2013, 16:21

Dave & Dave rolling on the floor

One of the reasons I love living on my own Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Sun Apr 07 2013, 17:05

I must admit I'm probably very hard to live with, am very particular and easily irritated when it comes to my home and my stuff, hence me being desperate to find a little flat or small house, I like things to work effortlesly and I like things looking after, I like perfectly crisp smooth walls that are shiny and white, perfectly level doors and shelving, no imperfections in the woodwork or paint and certainly no marks or stains. I hate dirty dishes and even if theres only a bowl and a spoon, or even a cup I have to wash it, everything should have a place and if I have to go looking for something I flip out, ie if I want to watch TV and I spend more than 10 seconds having to look for the remote I will leave the house and walk the dog. Since having the o/h move in and having kids I've almost lost the will to live. Our last 2 houses have been gutted, re wired, plastered throughout and all new doors, woodwork etc and floored perfectly throughout, effectively brand new inside. The house we now have I haven't got it in me to start, because I know it will get wrecked, drives me insane being in it knowing it needs work and not having the motivation to do it.
stig
stig

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 17:12

Wish I could say that was me too but not really though I have been disheartened a little with things not being so well cared for , I'm not over top with the house but I do like it to look nice and be functional

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Sun Apr 07 2013, 17:23

Believe me I do my own head in sometimes, takes me ages to even hang a picture as I will measure from the ends of the wall and from the ceiling to make sure it's central, and if there's 2 or 3 the gaps between them have to be exactly the same. The gaps between the dorrs and the doorframe also have to be perfect which is why I wont pay a joiner to do them, because they don't give a crap. Took me a full day to tile a splashback around the bath in my old house, because when I got to the last tiles there was about an inch difference in the end tiles so I ripped them off and started again. I think I may have issues Sad
stig
stig

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 17:34

stig wrote:Believe me I do my own head in sometimes, takes me ages to even hang a picture as I will measure from the ends of the wall and from the ceiling to make sure it's central, and if there's 2 or 3 the gaps between them have to be exactly the same. The gaps between the dorrs and the doorframe also have to be perfect which is why I wont pay a joiner to do them, because they don't give a crap. Took me a full day to tile a splashback around the bath in my old house, because when I got to the last tiles there was about an inch difference in the end tiles so I ripped them off and started again. I think I may have issues Sad

May be issues , but it seems to be a fact that if I wanted my OH to "dissapear" I could just send her round to you for a few days

She
1) Doesn't put all the cups the same way round on the mug tree
2) Sometimes puts the coffee spoon in the sugar caddy
2) Puts forks in with the knives, spoons in with the forks etc
3) leaves creases in the bedclothes when she makes the bed
and no 5)
The biggest crime of all time in my book ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... she puts stuff in front of the media player in the bedroom so when you jump into bed to watcha movie , the remote doesn't work and you have to get up and move stuff angry angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 17:38

Dave wrote:May be issues , but it seems to be a fact that if I wanted my OH to "dissapear" I could just send her round to you for a few days

She
and no 5)
The biggest crime of all time in my book ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... she puts stuff in front of the media player in the bedroom so when you jump into bed to watcha movie , the remote doesn't work and you have to get up and move stuff angry angry

Lol I used to live with someone and I had a list similar to that. Though tbf, she was the laziest person who ever walked this earth. In the 6-7 months we lived together I aged about 25 years!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 17:53

Our house is like the house Jack built! Nothing ever goes smoothly theres always a problem! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 17:55

MatLogan wrote:
Dave wrote:May be issues , but it seems to be a fact that if I wanted my OH to "dissapear" I could just send her round to you for a few days

She
and no 5)

Lol I used to live with someone and I had a list similar to that. Though tbf, she was the laziest person who ever walked this earth. In the 6-7 months we lived together I aged about 25 years!
I despise lazy people! like my stepson He cant even be bothered to put one foot in front of the other! But will willingly watch me struggle! angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 18:00

MatLogan wrote: Lol I used to live with someone and I had a list similar to that. Though tbf, she was the laziest person who ever walked this earth. In the 6-7 months we lived together I aged about 25 years!

Oh my OH is far from Lazy but she never stops to think about putting stuff back properly etc , and I explain if she diud that she wouldnt have to spend dayas and days having big sort outs (or listening to me moaning Laughing )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 18:05

Dave wrote:Oh my OH is far from Lazy but she never stops to think about putting stuff back properly etc , and I explain if she diud that she wouldnt have to spend dayas and days having big sort outs (or listening to me moaning Laughing )

Was very different here. I'd have got up at 5am and went and worked 12 hours a day while she lay in bed to mid afternoon. Then I'd come home around 5-6pm and have to make the dinner, clean up after. Then go upstairs and she wouldn't have even opened the curtains, or made the bed after she got out of it. Pyjamas just laying on the floor.

Hard work when ya are literally doing everything, she was more of a dependant than anything.

So she was politely asked to leave one day Tongues Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 18:08

My OH is an absolute gem for me , does all the cooking and stuff and looks after me very well, don't aske her to she just does it and sees it as her role as she is no longer working full time , just very haphazard and disorganised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 18:09

Fair play to her. Bitta team work goes a long way Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 18:20

Dave wrote:My OH is an absolute gem for me , does all the cooking and stuff and looks after me very well, don't aske her to she just does it and sees it as her role as she is no longer working full time , just very haphazard and disorganised
I am the same I see it as my role to as a wife to do chores! very victorian My old man works his fingers to the bone so the least he deserves is a tidy home clean clothes and a meal on the table every nite! I love to cook for him as he does appreciate it, He does say you need to ask me for help but I am a determind little bugger bit like a JRT!! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 18:44

It is team work though I have to say when she worked full time as a child minder I didnt pull my weight and was always getting in trouble for it

We would have a row every time I went to cook something sand opened a cupboard and all the pans fell out or went for a tea towel and couldnt find one where they should be etc etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 19:59

Yes my OH would agree with you Dave, very heavy handed here, our last upvc front door he changed the mechanism 3 times because of the door getting slammed:( the cylinder 8 times because the kids kept opening it at the same time one inside one outside putting keys in and turning snapping the works within the cylinder. Cupboard doors on a new kitchen constantly being swung on needing tightening, and the list goes on, but he doesn't moan (much) just gets on with it and in return I make sure the house is clean like a new pin (OCD) clothes are washed, dryed & ironed, & tea is on the table & beer is chilled lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Mon Apr 08 2013, 01:55

Dave wrote:
May be issues , but it seems to be a fact that if I wanted my OH to "dissapear" I could just send her round to you for a few days

She
and no 5)

1)That's why I don't have a mug tree, and some clumsy * will drop one and then I'll have an odd cup on it, in fact the last time my o/h dropped a cup the cup survived, but she chipped a tile I'd laid 3 days earlier angry
2)If I see a spoon left in the sugar jar or on the side I'll wash it and put it away
2)you know you wrote 2 twice? There is only one reason you would mix up the cutlery, and that's to * someone off, it's not laziness because lazy people wouldn't even put them back in the drawer.
3)I suck at straightening bedclothes, however she is very particular about them so she does it, if she creased them it would bother her more than me
5)You forgot 4, are you doing this on purpose? Laughing .I would get out of bed and turn the light on, move the offending item and get back into bed, she would then have to get out of bed to turn the light off, I would feel like we were even then Big Grin

stig
stig

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 05:41

stig wrote:That's why I don't have a mug tree, and some clumsy * will drop one and then I'll have an odd cup on it, in fact the last time my o/h dropped a cup the cup survived, but she chipped a tile I'd laid 3 days earlier angry
2)If I see a spoon left in the sugar jar or on the side I'll wash it and put it away
2)you know you wrote 2 twice? There is only one reason you would mix up the cutlery, and that's to * someone off, it's not laziness because lazy people wouldn't even put them back in the drawer.
3)I suck at straightening bedclothes, however she is very particular about them so she does it, if she creased them it would bother her more than me
5)You forgot 4, are you doing this on purpose? Laughing .I would get out of bed and turn the light on, move the offending item and get back into bed, she would then have to get out of bed to turn the light off, I would feel like we were even then Big Grin

Now that was funny rolling on the floor rolling on the floor give me a smile in the early hours on my first day back at work

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down