I still can't sleep!

2 posters

Go down

Crying I still can't sleep!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 00:30

For the past three or four nights, I've barely slept at all. I'm going to bed at 9/10 PM and not getting to sleep until sometimes past 5 AM. Sad Crying or Very sad

Got shouted at today for sleeping in until 12:30 PM. Sad

Back to top Go down

Crying Re: I still can't sleep!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 00:32

Sleeping in probally didn't help Wink If I am changing time zones or my sleep pattern gets irregular I still force myself to get up at the same time so I will be tired and more likely sleep the next day.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Apr 07 2013, 01:05

I can't sleep atm, I blame the lighter evenings that seem to throw me off course Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 04:27

Pfft half 12 is hardly a lie in!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 07:46

Same, I've been finding it hard to sleep, took me four hours of just lying there in bed trying to sleep until I actually fell asleep Rolling Eyes my sleeping pattern is always messed up though Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 09:48

there's only 1 way to fix problems like this .......alcohol ..............works every time Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 09:52

I know its not always the case. Maybe it's just with the people I know but 99% of the people who find it hard to sleep who I know are women. My mrs says it's because they are always the ones who are thinking about bills, family problems etc. I tell her I have no problems sleeping becaue I have a clear conscience >Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 11:41

jstaff wrote:Sleeping in probally didn't help Wink If I am changing time zones or my sleep pattern gets irregular I still force myself to get up at the same time so I will be tired and more likely sleep the next day.

I couldn't help it! Crying or Very sad I didn't get to sleep until 5/6 AM. I've been exhausted through the day, but then when it comes to night I'm too tired to sleep, as crazy as that sounds.

janey wrote:

I can't sleep atm, I blame the lighter evenings that seem to throw me off course Xx

Mum made a suggestion earlier that makes sense for me. That I'm used to being really busy and active through the day on my course, and now all the energy is just sitting there because I'm on holiday. So I'm going to go for a brisk walk/jog later on to get rid of some energy.

ella wrote:Pfft half 12 is hardly a lie in!

It is for me! Laughing

Tara wrote:Same, I've been finding it hard to sleep, took me four hours of just lying there in bed trying to sleep until I actually fell asleep Rolling Eyes my sleeping pattern is always messed up though Laughing

I hate it when you feel tired, but then get to bed and your brain decides you should stay awake for hours. Sad

Dave wrote:there's only 1 way to fix problems like this .......alcohol ..............works every time Smile

But then I have to get up through the night to pee. Tongues

Mike wrote:I know its not always the case. Maybe it's just with the people I know but 99% of the people who find it hard to sleep who I know are women. My mrs says it's because they are always the ones who are thinking about bills, family problems etc. I tell her I have no problems sleeping becaue I have a clear conscience >Smile

Clear = nothing in head. Tongues

Men, cover your eyes or read no further. If you do read, it's at your own risk!

It could also be because it's that time of month. It's messed up anyway and has been for ages, so it always causes me problems. Sad So add 'emotional' and 'in pain' to the equation!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Apr 07 2013, 12:12

Hugs my lovely >Big Grin< have you tried evening primrose? Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 13:00

I never sleep. 2-4 hours is all I get most days. If you can't sleep it's best going to bed a bit later than normal. Or go for a walk just before bed Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Apr 07 2013, 13:10

Are you waiting to go to bed until you are tired or just going when it seems like bed time ?

I often have trouble sleeping especially during that lovely time of the month Blushing Can never seem to get comfortable.

Maybe have a word with your GP next time you are there, see what they say. Alcohol will perhaps help you to get to sleep but then you would probably only get a few hours quality sleep.

Try to clear your head before going to bed, dont go on the computer, try relaxing things, read a book or magazine avoiding a computer screen will definitely help. Have a notepad a pen beside the bed and write things you think about or remember that need to be done. Hope this helps
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 13:48

janey wrote:

Hugs my lovely >Big Grin< have you tried evening primrose? Xx

I haven't, but I think we have some in one of our cupboards somewhere. I'll try that tonight Smile Thanks! >Big Grin< >Big Grin<

MatLogan wrote:I never sleep. 2-4 hours is all I get most days. If you can't sleep it's best going to bed a bit later than normal. Or go for a walk just before bed Big Grin

No wonder you call yourself grumpy! I'd cry every day if that's all the sleep I got!

Kathy wrote:Are you waiting to go to bed until you are tired or just going when it seems like bed time ?

I often have trouble sleeping especially during that lovely time of the month Blushing Can never seem to get comfortable.

Maybe have a word with your GP next time you are there, see what they say. Alcohol will perhaps help you to get to sleep but then you would probably only get a few hours quality sleep.

Try to clear your head before going to bed, dont go on the computer, try relaxing things, read a book or magazine avoiding a computer screen will definitely help. Have a notepad a pen beside the bed and write things you think about or remember that need to be done. Hope this helps

A bit of both, really. I normally go to bed when I start feeling tired and that generally starts at 9:30 - 10.

I'll pick out a book for later Smile Thanks! >Big Grin<

That time of the month. Sad Men have it so easy! One of the worst things a man can say is "Stop over reacting!" when a woman is on that time of the month.

Sexist? Yes. I'm allowed to be, one week of each month. mstickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 13:50

I did actually get more sleep last night, though it was still way past midnight. Would have been happy enough with that, but then I had a nightmare really early in the morning and had to get up. Crying or Very sad Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 14:26

>Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 15:10

>Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 16:49

Try Lavender oil in your bath or under your pillow. Avon do a range and also a room and linen spray which you could spray on your pillow! Big Grin I also find a sleep mask helps aswell! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 18:46

I'll check the cupboards later to seei f we have any lavendar oil! Thanks! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 23:10

Hope you sleep better tonight, I'm like matt lucky if I get 4 hours but mostly 2/3
The worse one is sleep at 5:30 wake up at 7:30 for school run Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down