The reason i cant look at houses

2 posters

Go down

The reason i cant look at houses Empty The reason i cant look at houses

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29 2013, 21:41

Is cause i can't stand not being able to afford them Crying or Very sad

I have found a perfect little cottage that i could only dream of buying.

Its very rare to get a cottage for rent, and i am a fussy odd sort. I really couldn't live in a town i'm too much of a country girl at heart.

The house about 4 houses down is for rent for £550 a month which is not cheap and the house is not great but it is alone!

I just want a little magical cottage in the country with a little garden and a field for the pony Love Struck

Back to top Go down

The reason i cant look at houses Empty Re: The reason i cant look at houses

Post by janey Fri Mar 29 2013, 21:43

Christ owning a property is expensive but rewarding. Its the best thing I ever did, but everything I earn goes out on bills and a mortgage.

I have a lovely flat but no life!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29 2013, 21:46

It's much better over here to just put a deposit down and buy a house Hayley. It sounds strange, but I own my house for a lot less than most people rent because I put a good deposit down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29 2013, 21:55

I know what you mean Hayley I rented a 2 bedroom cottage which I absolutely adored. I used to wake up with birds singing and just seeing the trees from the woods every morning. I only paid £325 a month and it was bliss. Now I live where there are houses every window you look out on. But hopefully will be selling soon so can find at least somewhere with some sort of vista! Hope you win the lotto and get what you want Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29 2013, 22:14

I would LOVE to own my own house. In my dreams!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29 2013, 22:17

EllieSmith wrote:I would LOVE to own my own house. In my dreams!
Take the modelling job!! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29 2013, 22:23

Lol i need a deposit first! I'm afraid the only way i will get one of those is if i win the lotto!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29 2013, 22:25

inez maria wrote:
EllieSmith wrote:I would LOVE to own my own house. In my dreams!
Take the modelling job!! Laughing

Laughing tempted now

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Fri Mar 29 2013, 22:32

i got lucky and had a wife eligable for a goverment grant being a nurse and hitting the market at a sweet spot.
the flip side is i now have no wife and a fat pig of a lodger and struggle day to day to make ends meat. but Im glad i aint renting as its nuts around here at around £900 per month for a decent place.
I feel real sorry for the younger generations as they dont have a chance of getting either a rented place or a house of there own.
most places to rent are double deposit plus a month in lue insane....
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29 2013, 22:35

The one's I feel most sorry for... Over here a few years back, before house prices fell on their face young people were getting 100% mortgages with NO deposit. Then the price of the house they bought dropped to about a third of what they had entered into. Combined with the recession and loss of jobs has left a lot of young people ruined for decades.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Mar 29 2013, 22:41

I had a 5 year mortgage, got it when the rates where low, slightly worried as its up for renew next year, now we are opposite, houses have gone up but my wages haven't Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29 2013, 22:46

Its all to confusing. I would love to own a house but i think i would only do it if i had the total sum to give.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Fri Mar 29 2013, 22:46

MatLogan wrote:The one's I feel most sorry for... Over here a few years back, before house prices fell on their face young people were getting 100% mortgages with NO deposit. Then the price of the house they bought dropped to about a third of what they had entered into. Combined with the recession and loss of jobs has left a lot of young people ruined for decades.
im in that barket mate but thankfully being a satalite town to london helps no end. the prices either hold or creep up while london itself never goes backwards. its good if you own a house but if you rent its bad news. there are so many new builds around here its insane and they shoot up in weeks. the problem is people with the cash buy em up and rent em out for stupid money. there are more and more people moving in from the big smoke to commute the 20 min train ride in and they usually have alot of cash which pushes the locals out. when i moved down here I had never seen a £100 grand house but now its the cost of a cheap flat in a rough * hole
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29 2013, 22:49

Nathan wrote: being a satalite town to london helps no end. the prices either hold or creep up while london itself never goes backwards.

Not that way over here sadly. For example, a house a few doors up from my parents was sitting at £210,000 and they rejected an offer of £190,000. Two/three year later they sold it for £85,000.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Fri Mar 29 2013, 22:51

janey wrote:

I had a 5 year mortgage, got it when the rates where low, slightly worried as its up for renew next year, now we are opposite, houses have gone up but my wages haven't Xx
dont worry mate, if you had a fixed rate 5 year mortgage you could prob secure a better deal now as the intrest rates are lower than 5 years ago. get a good one and lock in for as long as possible. the IMAB are great at finding you a good deal and you will prob find that you will be paying less.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Mar 29 2013, 22:56

Nathan wrote:
janey wrote:

dont worry mate, if you had a fixed rate 5 year mortgage you could prob secure a better deal now as the intrest rates are lower than 5 years ago. get a good one and lock in for as long as possible. the IMAB are great at finding you a good deal and you will prob find that you will be paying less.

My problem is I am shared ownership, it was the only way I could afford to get on the ladder, and very few mortgage company's will touch it/understand it.

Still cheaper, rent and mortgage is about £700 p/m but I could let it out for £1200p/m, crazy hay!

Hoping it will be ok and a simple thing of renewing but never had to do it before
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Fri Mar 29 2013, 23:01

MatLogan wrote:
Nathan wrote: being a satalite town to london helps no end. the prices either hold or creep up while london itself never goes backwards.

Not that way over here sadly. For example, a house a few doors up from my parents was sitting at £210,000 and they rejected an offer of £190,000. Two/three year later they sold it for £85,000.
sadley thats the case, i got this place for £175,000 in 2007 and its now worth £235,000 but thats only because of the influx of londoners seking property. my parents place back up north is much nicer and is around 3 times as big with more garden space but worth around £110 K prices are creeping up and guess why....people from the south east are retiring there.
TBH i would be * if i lost this place which i have nearly done on a few occasions as i couldnt afford to work and then live/rent here. the commute from somewhere affordable would be too expensive to even concider...

Last edited by Nathan on Sat Mar 30 2013, 15:25; edited 1 time in total
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Fri Mar 29 2013, 23:08

janey wrote:
Nathan wrote:
janey wrote:

My problem is I am shared ownership, it was the only way I could afford to get on the ladder, and very few mortgage company's will touch it/understand it.

Still cheaper, rent and mortgage is about £700 p/m but I could let it out for £1200p/m, crazy hay!

Hoping it will be ok and a simple thing of renewing but never had to do it before

your in exactly the same boat as me hun dont worry, i have to pretend im still with my ex for it to go through.
This place is 33% owned by an assosiation which tbh gives you a better deal with the mortage comapanies as they usually see the shared owners as deposit gurantees. in fact you will prob find it easier to get a good deal at the moment. just find a IMAB and get them to check out all posibilities
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Mar 29 2013, 23:28

Will do, my rates would be great but stupidly I have a large service charge, lifts, communal lighting, gardens................ I have my own front door and haven't access to any of this!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down