advice needed on 3 1/2 yr old staffy

3 posters

Go down

advice needed on 3 1/2 yr old staffy  Empty advice needed on 3 1/2 yr old staffy

Post by amylovesnicky@hotmail.com Tue Mar 08 2011, 11:52

I posted on here a few days ago about my 2 dogs baby 3 1/2 and ruby 7 months fighting, since then (sunday) ruby was re homed to a friend of ours, we feel like we have done the wrong thing but at the same time feel one of them could of really hurt the other, as we didnt want to keep them both muzzled and shut in seperate rooms at all times. Im more concerned that now baby has had this fight with ruby she may be more tempremental, she has never had any problems before and never gone for another dog and has always been fantastic with our 3 children but this is a real worry for me that she may become aggresive as people always say once theyve tasted blood... maybe im just being stupid but really need to know how likely this is. She is also sleeping all the time, pining, its as tho she has lost her friend even tho she wasnt in the wrong as it was ruby that started on her, ruby has since tryed to start on every dog she comes into contact with so im guessing she is just no good with other dogs. Really would appreciate some advice?

amylovesnicky@hotmail.com
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

advice needed on 3 1/2 yr old staffy  Empty Re: advice needed on 3 1/2 yr old staffy

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08 2011, 13:11

Poor you, it's dilemma, isn't it?

I think you've done the right thing. It's possible that Ruby just doesn't like other dogs, and there's nothing you can do about that other than trying to distract her when dogs are around.

I doubt that Baby will be any different to before as far as aggression is concerned. It's an old wives tale that once they taste blood they'll turn agressive. She only reacted as any staffy will to being attacked by another staff. They do seem to know the difference. Just take things easy & don't over sympathise with her missing Ruby. Just get on with life as normal & she'll soon stop pining.

Give her something to do - a little extra training or some extra games with you.

Back to top Go down

advice needed on 3 1/2 yr old staffy  Empty Re: advice needed on 3 1/2 yr old staffy

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08 2011, 14:50

Caryll wrote:Poor you, it's dilemma, isn't it?

I think you've done the right thing. It's possible that Ruby just doesn't like other dogs, and there's nothing you can do about that other than trying to distract her when dogs are around.

I doubt that Baby will be any different to before as far as aggression is concerned. It's an old wives tale that once they taste blood they'll turn agressive. She only reacted as any staffy will to being attacked by another staff. They do seem to know the difference. Just take things easy & don't over sympathise with her missing Ruby. Just get on with life as normal & she'll soon stop pining.

Give her something to do - a little extra training or some extra games with you.

thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Mar 08 2011, 18:04

extra walks a tired dog is a good dog, a untired or a bored dog can be a bad dogs Smile

2 45mins per days will do the trick Smile

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Mar 08 2011, 18:57

Awww you have defo done the right thing for both your dogs. I have a dog aggresive dog there is no way you can change that cause as soon as you let your guard down they no it and spy the chance. You girl is just a bit confused at the moment as there are changes in the house but she will be fine all the advise you have been given is spot on. Your situation would have been impossible if you had kept her she would have matured and got stronger. Some dogs just will not accept others and its nothing that you or your family could of changed this way both dogs have the chance of a happy life. Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down