Darcy update

4 posters

Go down

Darcy update Empty Darcy update

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21 2013, 14:15

9 days after darcy's trip to the vets & she is steadily improving, her stomach skin is now only slightly darker. She has finished her steroids and has taken to her new food (arden grange ocean white fish & potato) very well. We also put a little salmon oil on. This was recommended by the vet as its maize free. This is what The vet thought maybe darcy was having an reaction to, amongst other things. My only concern ( a mummy one lol) is that we also stopped all treats, so my question to all of you lovely people is do you know of any maize free treats?? I feel guilty :-(

Back to top Go down

Darcy update Empty Re: Darcy update

Post by Jackieb Thu Mar 21 2013, 14:18

I very rarely give treats to mine as in doggy treats etc but I do give then pieces of ham or sausage as treats x
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Mar 21 2013, 16:24

Pleased all is going well Smile Moo never gets treats either, so don't worry, but I wouldn't now what to suggest Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Mar 21 2013, 16:36

For maize free treats try some pieces of carrot or cheese, if she can have cheese that is or try this place:

http://www.oscars.co.uk/products/dog/treats
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21 2013, 16:53

Logan doesn't get treats usually (sounds harsh I know) he gets two good meals per day which is also grain free like Darcy's diet.

Sometimes if he's been extra good I'll give him a bit of dried tripe, and I give him a slice of ham when he lets me brush his teeth or clean his ears.

Back to top Go down

Post by jojobda Thu Mar 21 2013, 16:55

we use treats for obedience and command training with Marley, so we make our own liver muffins. able to watch the ingredients since we make our own.
jojobda
jojobda
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Darcy update Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog(s) Ages : Oct. 16 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 40

https://www.facebook.com/jordan.trott.754

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21 2013, 18:33

Maybe ill trying taking no notice of her puppy dog eyes. Thx everyone for your replies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21 2013, 18:46

MatLogan wrote:Logan doesn't get treats usually (sounds harsh I know) he gets two good meals per day which is also grain free like Darcy's diet.

Sometimes if he's been extra good I'll give him a bit of dried tripe, and I give him a slice of ham when he lets me brush his teeth or clean his ears.

Surprised how do you train him without treats??? Loki gets like 20 treats per day just to try to train him out of bad habits Laughing. Maybe small pieces of cheese, or something meaty? Have a look at the ingredients and see if there's something without maize, but I guess it'd be hard to find.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21 2013, 18:50

Tara wrote:Surprised how do you train him without treats??? Loki gets like 20 treats per day just to try to train him out of bad habits Laughing. Maybe small pieces of cheese, or something meaty? Have a look at the ingredients and see if there's something without maize, but I guess it'd be hard to find.

Tbh for the most part Logan does what he's told these days. I did use treats when he was a pup to help him learn things. But in all fairness to him, he picked up things very quickly. He learns a lot through games, and learnt even more by doing bad things and being told off lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21 2013, 18:59

I'm jealous. Loki's brilliant with tricks, but things he knows not to do, he still does because he just doesn't care Laughing in our defence, Logan is older.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21 2013, 19:02

When Logan was Loki's age he was a very much a work in progress. It's only been in the last 2 months I've seen a difference. Now every day I'm seeing a big change in him and things are getting much easier. I'm sure it'll be exactly the same for you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21 2013, 19:23

Ref maize-free treats - I use pieces of cooked liver (baked in the oven). They go dry and hard so aren't unpleasant to handle and you can cut or break bits off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down