Dragon went to the fields with Sasha for the first time!

+2
Kathy
DragonTheStaffie
6 posters

Go down

Dragon went to the fields with Sasha for the first time! Empty Dragon went to the fields with Sasha for the first time!

Post by DragonTheStaffie Tue Mar 12 2013, 20:24

Well i kept on wanting to take them both to the fields together but the weather has been really bad, it was snowing yesterday and everything, but anyway it was freezing today but i just felt like taking them both out together because she needs a long walk as her old owners never walked her for 10 months so shes to hyper.

She pulled me like mad on the lead as shes not used to it, my arms are killing, we got to the fields we let them both of the lead, and they started running around each other going crazy Laughing the only thing is Dragon never walks to far away from us, she kept trying to make him run around but he wouldnt go to far away so we had to be dodging them as they came running back towards us.

Shes a staffy cross and she has very long legs so she runs really really fast, but Dragon wasnt to far behind even though his legs are so short, he chased her around the fields and ended up going a bit further chasing her and then when i called him back he would try to run towards me because he knows his command but she kept going infront of him not letting him so he had to find a way to get past her Laughing so funny to see them running around together.

My boy is knackered at the moment but she isnt she has that much energy inside of her that this massive walk didnt get her tired, she still pulled me all the way back home.

Walking them again tomorrow to see if i can get her tired so i can start teaching her how to walk on the lead without pulling me.
DragonTheStaffie
DragonTheStaffie
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Dragon
Dog(s) Ages : DOB - 25-12-2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 90

Back to top Go down

Dragon went to the fields with Sasha for the first time! Empty Re: Dragon went to the fields with Sasha for the first time!

Post by Kathy Tue Mar 12 2013, 20:27

Hope you can get rid of more of that pent up energy again tomorrow, sounds like you found just to place to do it anyway.

Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Dragon went to the fields with Sasha for the first time! Empty Re: Dragon went to the fields with Sasha for the first time!

Post by DragonTheStaffie Tue Mar 12 2013, 20:30

Yes its a very big field and having 2 dogs is good so they can run after each other and tire each other out while i just watch them Laughing but Dragon always comes running back to us after a while which is a bit scary seeing them both running like mad straight to you haha we kept on trying to dodge them, funny walk though.
DragonTheStaffie
DragonTheStaffie

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12 2013, 20:31

Sounds like a good spot Joe. The more energy they can burn off the better haha!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12 2013, 20:38

She has looooaaaads of pent-up energy, I bet, as well as the excitement of it all. Glad they had such a fun time Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Tue Mar 12 2013, 20:40

They are sooo hard to tired out! Smile
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12 2013, 20:43

Our 2 get too carried away and keep trying to tear lumps out of each other , as if to say come on I've got loads left. Took them both down the sports field at dinnertime (6 full size football pitches) Tilly got really excited and started to bite my boots , Tommy decided to defend me and then they had a handbags at 6 paces scrap ending up in them both sitting in front of me like naughty kids getting a good old telling off

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonTheStaffie Tue Mar 12 2013, 23:16

Im going to record them tomorrow playing out in the fields, if its not raining lol, so you can all see how well theyre doing Smile
DragonTheStaffie
DragonTheStaffie

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Mar 12 2013, 23:32

Fab! Moo doesn't play too far from me and I am always having to dodge being knocked over if she meets a chum, why they need to play on my feet I haven't a clue!

Really good to hear all is going well Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12 2013, 23:41

Sounds great thumbs up She will get used to it eventually and a walk will be an every day event instead of such an exciting new thing Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Mar 12 2013, 23:48

Kylie wrote:She will get used to it eventually and a walk will be an every day event instead of such an exciting new thing Big Grin

Really?! Moo is a lunatic all the time Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12 2013, 23:52

I know Janey Steff still gets crazy excited to go on a walk, but was Moo a lot crazier after she couldn't go out for a good walk for a few weeks?? Imagine poor Sasha hasn't ever had walks or outings Sad I don't think she will ever start walks calmly (I don't think they have that ability Laughing ) but it should get easier to lead train her and walk her after a week or so of daily walking.. Don't you think

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Mar 12 2013, 23:57

Most defiantly! Certainly gets easier,I kinda had the opposite with Moo, she wasn't too fussed about walks, had her tail between her legs for the first few months, now when she has a loopy moment I love it, but your totally right that there is a time and place and things will certainly get easier and better, but they will always be loonies when allowed, as they should, but basic commands wll come with time Xx Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonTheStaffie Wed Mar 13 2013, 10:26

Yea she lives in a works of her own it's impossible to teach her anything at the moment lol but I'm sure once she gets rid of some energy things will get better:)

I never thought Dragon would be helping me giving another dog a good life (since he's aggressive), he's also been giving me loads of surprises and making me very proud!
DragonTheStaffie
DragonTheStaffie

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13 2013, 10:32

star Well done to both you and Dragon star You have brought him a long way, you should be very proud of yourself applause

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlene_Frank Wed Mar 13 2013, 14:19

My legs are covered in bruises from Frank and Tara playing, they tend to run passed us with sticks hanging from their months and catch our shins ... can never stay mad at them when they are just playing.

A few months ago they both come running towards me and kinda forgot to stop and i didnt move quick enough and they knocked me over ... and popped my knee out of place! So beware of that, dont forget to move! lol

So glad they are getting on!!! They are both lucky to have found you.

x
Charlene_Frank
Charlene_Frank
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Frank and Tara
Dog(s) Ages : 19 Months and 21 Months
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Wed Mar 13 2013, 20:30

i must have missed something Joe, did you get another dog or are you just baby sitting?
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonTheStaffie Thu Mar 14 2013, 10:20

Taryn wrote:i must have missed something Joe, did you get another dog or are you just baby sitting?
My mum rescued a staffy cross from a bad family who had a litter 8 weeks before we got her.
All they wanted was to breed her as soon as they did they gave her away for free.
She's underweight, you can feel her spine and ribs but putting on weight now, pulls like mad on the lead as she never been walked in her life, and jumps around while on the lead to go to the road, it's a mission walking her Laughing
DragonTheStaffie
DragonTheStaffie

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down