Hates the nieghbours dog

3 posters

Go down

Hates the nieghbours dog Empty Hates the nieghbours dog

Post by Wilfred Tue Mar 12 2013, 16:51

Hi, Just wondering if anyone can offer any advice on the situation we have with the Wilfmiester.

Wilfred is a great dog, life and soul of the park with a bigger circle of friends than even i have manged to accrue over 40yrs ;-)

But when it comes to the nieghbours terrier the hate each other with a passion so much so that i have had to ensure they cannot get at each other as Wilfred has now reached the size where he could od some damage.

This dog is the only dog he barks at and when he hears her out on the back garden he is up ready for it to the point now where when he goes out onto the back to do his busines his hackles are raised before he is even out of the conservatory and he lunges straight for thier gate 80% of the time.

This problem only seems to be getting worse no matter what we have tried and as i said previously he is the friendliest submissive dog on the park and walks where he meets a great spectrum of other dogs and owners with no issue and now when he hears her bark indoors he will start in the kitchen and bolt for th back door....

Does anyone else suffer with this type of aggession centred to one dog ??

Is he showing something other than aggresion and were not just reading the situation right
All help and advice appriciated
Wilfred
Wilfred
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Wilfred
Dog(s) Ages : 17 Months
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Hates the nieghbours dog Empty Re: Hates the nieghbours dog

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12 2013, 16:55

Logan hates a few dogs in particular and is great with the rest. It just seems certain dog's annoy him (a bit like us humans I guess haha).

When they are out your back garden can they see each other even slightely? I ask because I've found that dogs can get overly frustrated when they can see something they want but can't get at it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12 2013, 17:20

Whats your neighbour like? Would he consider letting you and him walk together so your dogs can get used to eachother? Does the other dog put up a fight too?

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Tue Mar 12 2013, 17:30

I would say the same, are you on friendly terms with you neighbor to ask if you can walk?

It may be a case that this is his territory or senses unease with the other dog
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12 2013, 19:42

I have the same problem with Tommy , only problem is I hate the neighbour too so just copying my vibes I suppose Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12 2013, 19:51

Yes, it does sound like a mixture of frustration and territorialism (if that's the correct word!). It would help enormously if Wilfred and your neighbour's dog could meet on the neutral territory of the park.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12 2013, 20:02

My dog started doing this with our neighbors dog but only through the fence! They also have 4 staffs, and puppies now too! And if she heard a noise her hackles would go up thinking it was the dogs, I'd normally just let her out in the garden and come in when she pleases and anyone who knows ebony knows she NEVER barks; and she did a few times one day and when I calle she wouldn't come back. I waited till the dogs were out again and went to let her out an I held her by the door so she knew what was happening and I sat her down looking at me and said in a stern voice and pointed at her "be a GOOD girl" I then told her to walk out slowly and as soon as she looked at the fence I'd say no, now she actually comes back to me when called and will stay away from the fence when I say no Smile it took a few days but it was worth it Big Grin I also let her out by the fence to sniff ect when I know their dogs aren't out so she know it's a certain behavior that's she's not allowed to do but she is allowed near the fence Smile

Their dogs have actually ran INTO our house so many times I can't even count and ebony has just played really nice with them so I'm not sure it would be the same with you, but I hope you can get it sorted! I think walking them together ect would probably stop a lot of tension between the two Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Mar 12 2013, 20:12

We have 6 foot fencing all around our garden (we are on a corner plot too) Rocky will always here the dog next door start to whine then go out and bark at the fence. This is a snarly sounding bark that I have only ever heard him do to the fence. I dont know if it might be a territorial thing, him thinking the other dog is on his property ??
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12 2013, 20:17

Yeah we also have 6ft fencing on the side where the dogs are, we weren't allowed to rehome without it! But she'd never done anything like that befor and just randomly started one day; she's slowly going back to her old ways though which is great Smile I think in Ebonys case she's worked up she can't play with them after having so many random meetings with them!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down