how can i help coco with the loss of our dear friend

+2
janey
kris82
6 posters

Go down

how can i help coco with the loss of our dear friend Empty how can i help coco with the loss of our dear friend

Post by kris82 Fri Mar 08 2013, 20:42

In February we lossed our miniture dax Missy who was 11 and she was most definetly the boss, our staffy Coco is compleatly lost without her having known her from when she was a pup. She's not eating well and keeps running round the house like a mad man one minuet then sitting as close as she can the next. For the first few day she was so quiet which is expected but she seems so lost and sad, its breaking my heart over again, even when we go a walk she wont leave my side where she usually runs all over walking 3 times as much as me. I wondered if anyone could help me help her get through our great loss.
kris82
kris82
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : coco
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

how can i help coco with the loss of our dear friend Empty Re: how can i help coco with the loss of our dear friend

Post by janey Fri Mar 08 2013, 20:47

I think some things just take time.

My friend recently lost the sister to his dog, springer, really sad and Meadow has taken it quite badly, barking, ripping the car up and so.

She is beginning to get slightly better, they bought a crate for the car, but she still howls and barks.

Bit of time and she will get better, she is young enough to cope.

janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

how can i help coco with the loss of our dear friend Empty Re: how can i help coco with the loss of our dear friend

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08 2013, 20:59

Sure she will get a little more used to the idea in time , I know it's really early for you but have you considered whether long term you will get another friend for her , it's key really to whether you occupyy her until th time is right or wheher you get her to settle to life as an only dog >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08 2013, 21:06

It def seems that dogs go through a mourning period. I've had it a few times with dogs. It does seem to go away with time.

I don't know if there's anything you can really do to help other than just go on as normal for her. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Fri Mar 08 2013, 21:23

i think she is going through what we would when we loose someone close, i can remember when i still lived at my parents we lost belle our border collie and ben (black lab) was just the same it was horrible to see but in time he came through with plenty love

so sorry for you loss xx
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Mar 08 2013, 21:25

Sorry but I wouldn't know what to advize as i have only ever had one dog at a time. I guess they are a little like us and need time to come to terms with the change in circumstances. Would you ever consider another dog ??
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08 2013, 21:26

Oh that's so sad. I send my condolences to you Kris for your loss of Missy, and now you have Coco's distress to bear.

Coco is feeling the loss of Missy and can't understand where she has gone - if only we could explain to her.

Fortunately I have not had experience of this situation myself, but my feeling is that Coco will gradually get accustomed to being an "only" dog. I do hope so.

>Big Grin< >Big Grin< for both of you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Fri Mar 08 2013, 21:54

some yers ago i had a dachshund called Mr. Cuddles. (he lived to be 17½) while he was still living we sadly lost his friend due to the fact that my mother stopped dating his owner (not so sadly) and moved out.
Cuddles stopped eating and seemed to have lost the will to live. this went on for a week before we got Jack, our STAFFY X.
It really helped alot for us. but we have always had more then one dog, so i'm not sure about how you'd go just keeping the one on their own since we solved our issue with a friend. And long before Mr. Cuddles passed away we had gotten another dog one year before he passed so that jack would not be alone.
I think just time and kind of going on as if life is normal, dogs like balance
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by wendy1971 Sat Mar 09 2013, 07:02

time is the great healer Smile
wendy1971
wendy1971
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
how can i help coco with the loss of our dear friend Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : miley and dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and 2 and a half
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by kris82 Mon Mar 11 2013, 20:38

thanks too everyone who have replied..... we did consider getting a new friend for Coco,but i dont feel ready myself. We all go day to day but at least we know what has happened Coco is so lost bless her..... time is a great healer and we are trying to keep everything normal for her i just hope our happy staffy comes back to us soon x
kris82
kris82

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : coco
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Mar 11 2013, 20:40

She will, and you will, just takes time >Big Grin<
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11 2013, 20:41

So sorry for your loss. We had a greyhound and a collie, the collie sadly passed as she was very old and billy (the greyhound) was absolutely heartbroken. We just gave him lots of love and fuss and trust me, it does get better. They feel just like we do and its a massive loss and distress for them, they just dont understand like we do. Lots of love and cuddles and reassurance Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down