+5
Kathy
jshrew
janey
Mark
Jackieb
9 posters

Go down

He's Missing an Important Staffy Trait Empty He's Missing an Important Staffy Trait

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05 2013, 08:30

Everyone on here talks about how their Staffs just know not to play rough with kids, old people and sick people, how they know to be gentle with them. Yeah, let me explain my walk to you all.

Loki had a 30-minute run around on his long line, and an hour of walking. We walked past kids fine, no problem, no jumping. We walked past teenagers fine, no problem, no jumping. We walked past adults fine, no problem, no jumping. We walked past a few old people fine, no problem, no jumping. Then we walk past this really old, frail-looking woman...not fine, he would've jumped up on her if the lead wasn't so short. IDIOT. Then the little rascal looked at me (because of the watch command) and wagged his tail expecting a treat. He's crafty, but he didn't get a treat, that was not cool Laughing his mum obviously didn't pass on this gene to him.

The rest of the walk was splendid though Big Grin

Back to top Go down

He's Missing an Important Staffy Trait Empty Re: He's Missing an Important Staffy Trait

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05 2013, 08:41

Lol Loki you rascal!

At least he only wants to jump up, I met a Golden Retriever yesterday that was foaming at the mouth to get at me.

Back to top Go down

He's Missing an Important Staffy Trait Empty Re: He's Missing an Important Staffy Trait

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05 2013, 08:49

I'm always wary of Suki in those situations but so far so good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05 2013, 09:11

Oh, dear. Just a little mistake, I'm sure! Big Grin

I know that when Bandit was about 18 months old (and very boisterous!) I took him to see my old Gran who hadn't long been out of hospital after a perforated ulcer, so she was very frail.

As she opened the door I said "Go & sit down, gran, & I'll bring Bandit in to see you. When he got into the living room he quietly went to her knees, sat down & gently put his head on her lap for a stroke. He stayed there, with her stroking his head, for the whole visit.

I was so proud of him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Tue Mar 05 2013, 09:13

Crafty lil thing !

No harm done.

Maby he was testing u lol ?!

All joking aside, good job on the short leash, not nice having a dog lunge at u !
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05 2013, 09:15

I hope it's a mistake or I'm questioning his intelligence for him to look at an old lady and think, "Yep, she looks like someone I can do a bit of jumping and biting and chasing with" Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tue Mar 05 2013, 10:01

Not bad for a walk. Our two usually are good but anyone with a shopping bag they jump up.must be food again Laughing
Mark
Mark
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05 2013, 10:04

Laughing Ohhh Loki, you are a little devil at times Laughing Steff will jump on kids given half a chance, she will jump right up and give them a kiss (headbutt) Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Mar 05 2013, 10:16

Little buggers when they forget there manners at times Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Tue Mar 05 2013, 10:53

Mark wrote:Not bad for a walk. Our two usually are good but anyone with a shopping bag they jump up.must be food again Laughing

Ledger is drawn to shopping bags I now call ahead "no, no shopping for you in there" when it comes to people though he will mostly just trot by unless that person makes full eye contact with him and he sees it as a big welcome
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Mar 05 2013, 10:57

This is something that Rocky is getting better at, not jumping up at people when on a walk. He has calmed down a lot recently again. We can almost walk past a dog without him lunging at it now too.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05 2013, 10:58

Logan has more of a problem just dandering into people's gardens and trying to get into their cars if the door/boot is open. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05 2013, 11:03

OMG Matt Laughing Steff has done that before, just jumped into the neighbours car and refuses to get out rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05 2013, 11:16

Kathy wrote:This is something that Rocky is getting better at, not jumping up at people when on a walk. He has calmed down a lot recently again. We can almost walk past a dog without him lunging at it now too.

Ah, I do dream of a day when Loki can walk past a dog without ripping my arm off day dreaming

MatLogan wrote:Logan has more of a problem just dandering into people's gardens and trying to get into their cars if the door/boot is open. Laughing

Yep, he does that too...everyone here has a front garden with their gates left open. There was also a guy taking a carpet out of his house or something and Loki managed to drag himself a couple of steps inside their house. THE SHAME! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05 2013, 11:18

Tara wrote:THE SHAME! Laughing

Exactly what it feels like!

He took a football off a group of kids one day too.

Spoilt wee brat! angry Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by racamoe Tue Mar 05 2013, 11:19

Cheeky boy Laughing

I have all this to come Crying or Very sad Laughing
racamoe
racamoe

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Holly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by wendy1971 Tue Mar 05 2013, 11:28

Crafty ....But you gotta laugh Smile
wendy1971
wendy1971
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
He's Missing an Important Staffy Trait Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : miley and dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and 2 and a half
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Tue Mar 05 2013, 12:25

hahaha! poor tara! of all the people that he could jump it had to be a a frail person!

Tyke as you all know is brill with kids so am lucky on that score its adults in his home that he has to maul Sad

haha matt! could just picture it now!
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Tue Mar 05 2013, 12:37

Oh Loki. But I think you and Debo would make great team jumping on old people. The same happen to me last Sat. Little rascal. And now he starts to bd even more friendly. He will pull to anyone,so we took massive step back on this.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05 2013, 19:45

Haha this made me smile! What a little tinker! Laughing ebony tries to get in people's boots and cars if they're open too! If I'm talking to someone by their front door she'd just stroll in as if it's her own house if I'd let her Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down