very unexpected comments on yesterdays walk

5 posters

Go down

very unexpected comments on yesterdays walk Empty very unexpected comments on yesterdays walk

Post by asa-james Sun Mar 03 2013, 21:16

we had a great walk, met loads of dogs, and Lola was a darling (with all but one, i'll get to that in a mo)

she got fussed by people with and without dogs, and at one point a labrador wouldnt leave her alone (constant sniffing)

"i'm really, really sorry, he's still a pup and needs to learn his manners. she's beautiful, how old is she etc etc"

i told her that it probably did Lola some good, knowing that friendly dogs are just that, regardless of size, and she didnt really react other than a surprised look at getting a cold nose up her rear end Laughing Laughing

and walking past a small pomeranian ( i think) both on leads, she decided to go for her headbutt thing (still cant figure out if its play or aggression, no preceding behaviour, no noises, no reactions afterwards from either party)

"i'm sorry, is he ok?" i asked

"yeah, dont worry, its fine. wont have done him any harm at any rate, (looking at his dog) you nosey little bugger. enjoy your walk!"

and not a dirty look all day Big Grin
asa-james
asa-james
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

very unexpected comments on yesterdays walk Empty Re: very unexpected comments on yesterdays walk

Post by Ushanka Sun Mar 03 2013, 21:28

Same with me today - had Alf Garnett on a wee coastal path near Upper Largo in Fife and he was going daft pulling hard on his lead which I'm trying to get on top of.

Passed an old couple and the wee wifey said to me 'Looks like someone is taking you for a walk today' and then laughed. Then another old woman also laughed and said to the wee guy 'you're in too much of a hurry sunshine'.

To be fair any comments I've had about him have been positive but you do get the feeling sometimes that people are giving you a wide berth and wee side glance when you're out on walks.

Glad you had a good day! Big Grin

Ushanka
Ushanka
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Alfie
Dog(s) Ages : 3ish
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

very unexpected comments on yesterdays walk Empty Re: very unexpected comments on yesterdays walk

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03 2013, 21:30

Glad to read some positive comments Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03 2013, 21:45

Glad you had a nice walk Big Grin it's brilliant when you get another dog owner that's understanding of things like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Sun Mar 03 2013, 21:59

awww thats great to hear, they just top your walk off some times Big Grin
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Mar 03 2013, 22:09

Good comments give me a warm feeling Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04 2013, 09:44

It's good to get nice comments for a change. I've noticed recently that ive been getting more positive comments Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04 2013, 09:53

I love reading stories like this Big Grin Makes a nice change from the devil dog stares and the finger of blame that seems to always point to our babies Love Struck Thanks for sharing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Mar 04 2013, 11:36

it really does give you a lift when you hear nice comments, they can make such a difference to your walk.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down