Holiday Tails

2 posters

Go down

Holiday Tails Empty Holiday Tails

Post by Cornish-Muscle Sun Feb 27 2011, 19:09

We got back from Lincolnshire about 3 hours ago, finally got chance to sit down and check everything out.
So, I thought I'd do a small write up on how things went with Molly.

The last time we took Molly to Lincolnshire she was about 4 months old, a tiny little bundle of puppy fat. These are a few photos from the first time we were up there.
Holiday Tails Molly25
Holiday Tails Molly21
Holiday Tails Molly29

The first one is just me holding her, then her looking at my parents bearded dragon (Photos and videos of him to follow in the Other Pets section). The final photo is of her Kaleb, an Akita, Stafford Cross.

This time around, my parents also had a new cat, who wasn't too keen on Molly. More about that later.

She was VERY excitable, all week, non stop unless she was sleeping, which wasn't very often.
She's basically been overloaded with new sensations and smells and people all week, so she just went crazy I guess.
Now the highlights of the week were the following:
Firstly, she was left on her own in my parents dining room for at least 5 hours with a few biscuits, her bed, some water and we put down some newspaper should she need to go to the loo. Me and Leaim had visions of things being completely ruined when we got back, my parents have a glass table, we saw that being smashed to pieces. However, we came back, she hadn't made any mess whatsoever, she was so glad to see us when we got back, and shot straight outside to go to the loo!
The second highlight was whilst we were visiting some family friends, they're the people who own Kaleb, long story short, Molly does not like Kaleb any more. She was very aggressive towards him, especially if I was giving him a fuss, so he spent most of the time shut away. The friends also own a lot of reptiles, both snakes and lizards, we had to be very careful around them with Molly as we wasn't sure how she was going to react, she has a habit of stomping on things, but she is actually scared of them, well the bearded dragon at least.
Later on in the evening, Kaleb managed to get out of the bathroom where he was shut away, and Molly was perfectly fine with him.
Overall, she really surprised us with her reactions to everything, but she's all calm and relaxed now she's back home again!
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Holiday Tails Empty Re: Holiday Tails

Post by janey Sun Feb 27 2011, 19:24

Sounds like you had a great time and I'm pleased Molly wasn't ill at all and you haven't mentioned the journeys so I'm guessing they where all good too.

I am also very pleased that Molly didn't ruin your parents house!!! Doubt if they would have too impressed lol!!

Molly sounds like she has been a star.........................now do tell what mischief she got into! Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Sun Feb 27 2011, 19:42

janey wrote:Sounds like you had a great time and I'm pleased Molly wasn't ill at all and you haven't mentioned the journeys so I'm guessing they where all good too.

I am also very pleased that Molly didn't ruin your parents house!!! Doubt if they would have too impressed lol!!

Molly sounds like she has been a star.........................now do tell what mischief she got into! Big Grin

lol
To be honest, she sulked the entire time she was in the car.

As far as mischief goes, she did rip up an entire toilet up. Pee'd on the carpet at the friends house, but we think that was excitement more than anything.
Oh, and dug up the garden a fair bit, she may have also knocked the pump for my parents fish pond, resulting in the pond draining so there was about 3 inches of water left in the bottom. doh
But apart from that she was pretty damn good!
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Feb 27 2011, 19:50

Now thats what I like a little bit of devestation!!!!

No really, sounds like you all had a really great time! Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28 2011, 08:38

glad it was not too traumatic and you had a good time

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28 2011, 08:47

Poor fish!

Glad it went well and she behaved (?) herself!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Mon Feb 28 2011, 09:25

I'd say she behaved the best she could in an almost new setting.
The thing with the other dog, Kaleb, shocked me a bit, she was pretty vicious, but he is a randy teenage male basically, and we were wondering if she's due a season, which may explain a bit.
She was worse when I was fussing him, so I think she has some major jealousy/protective issues.
We had her off the lead at cleethorpes beach and she was a little angel, the great big blue boomer ball may have helped with that. She was good around the ponies on the beach too.
I wish I had my video camera running when she met our friends lizards and snakes, she was so curious, constantly wanting to sniff them, but we were a little wary about her nipping at their tails, so we were holding her back a little. Then one of the friends said to let her go when she had one of the Beardies out, their noses touched and the lizard jumped back, which then scared Molly, she refused to leave Leaim's side/lap for the rest of the evening!
Oh! She helped herself to some of Kalebs food as well, out of the packet!
She only had half of her normal food before we left, so whilst we were out, she ended up being given a LARGE plate full of steam vegetables, which she loved, amazingly she only ate half of them. She also had a little bit of beef, some macaroni pudding and some scones.
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content