Controversial Polls 14: Killing Burglars. Fair Justice?

+7
Fryfogle29
Ben
racamoe
Mani
rebeccaleanne
Paul H
Steve
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Killing Burglars. Fair Justice?

Controversial Polls 14: Killing Burglars. Fair Justice? - Page 2 Pbucket7%Controversial Polls 14: Killing Burglars. Fair Justice? - Page 2 Pbucket 7% 
[ 2 ]
Controversial Polls 14: Killing Burglars. Fair Justice? - Page 2 Pbucket77%Controversial Polls 14: Killing Burglars. Fair Justice? - Page 2 Pbucket 77% 
[ 23 ]
Controversial Polls 14: Killing Burglars. Fair Justice? - Page 2 Pbucket16%Controversial Polls 14: Killing Burglars. Fair Justice? - Page 2 Pbucket 16% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 30

Controversial Polls 14: Killing Burglars. Fair Justice? - Page 2 Empty Controversial Polls 14: Killing Burglars. Fair Justice?

Post by Steve Thu Feb 28 2013, 12:16

First topic message reminder :

If someone raids your home, should they be met with ultimate force?

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Controversial Polls 14: Killing Burglars. Fair Justice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Controversial Polls 14: Killing Burglars. Fair Justice?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01 2013, 12:07

I would only kill them in self defence if they were going to kill me or my family Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Controversial Polls 14: Killing Burglars. Fair Justice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Controversial Polls 14: Killing Burglars. Fair Justice?

Post by racamoe Fri Mar 01 2013, 12:13

You are right Mani, most of us may not have a chance against an intruder , I know am not physically strong and maybe when only material stuff is involved most would let it happen...I think what people are trying to say is ,they would do everything they possibly could to defend their children.

My hubby does MMA at a high standard and although he is a very peaceful calm person who never looks for trouble, BUT he is extremely protective ....I know it would be the intruder I would be scared for in that instance ....I hope that never happens Sad
racamoe
racamoe

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Holly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01 2013, 13:06

Mani wrote:Internet tough guys. I'd do so and so. Of course you would. Whereas in real life 99% of humanity locks the door and waits for the bad guys to leave while praying the police arrive. Talk is cheap and unless you have previous experience of dishing out violence, or professional training, you're just a victim with an appetite to escalate a property theft situation into grievous injury for yourself. In extreme stress situations, most people freeze and can do nothing but run away. Somehow in this topic everybody has the killer instinct to grab a kitchen knife and go chop chop on another human being. Sure.
Laughing

I think you must have got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.

I'm a very non-violent person, but I'm also a mother and if anybody physically threatened my children I would grab the nearest thing & attack. To be honest with you, though, I really don't care whether you believe that or not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01 2013, 14:41

I've not read all the replies but this is just my view.

If someone were to break in my house the first thing would be YES they would be attacked by Chance (and no not be me telling him to, but his people aggression etc.....) I do not know how far and what damage Chance would do to someone, but if the person were to also threaten me I think in Chance's eyes he would do anything to 'remove' that person.

Secondly would be me, i would not think about the consequences of defending me, my house, the boys whatever. I may be a little lass to look at but i've faught off much, much bigger blokes then me (and lasses i might add) before and i sure as hell would do it again. People do not scare or intimidate me and they sure won't in my own home.

There is also obviously my OH who lives with me to.

So service to say yes they take a MASSIVE risk breaking into my house.

ETA: i would never intentionally kill anyone but i would defend my self with the appropriate amount of force

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01 2013, 15:04

ella wrote:
ETA: i would never intentionally kill anyone but i would defend my self with the appropriate amount of force

Exactly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01 2013, 18:18

ella wrote:I've not read all the replies but this is just my view.

If someone were to break in my house the first thing would be YES they would be attacked by Chance (and no not be me telling him to, but his people aggression etc.....) I do not know how far and what damage Chance would do to someone, but if the person were to also threaten me I think in Chance's eyes he would do anything to 'remove' that person.

Secondly would be me, i would not think about the consequences of defending me, my house, the boys whatever. I may be a little lass to look at but i've faught off much, much bigger blokes then me (and lasses i might add) before and i sure as hell would do it again. People do not scare or intimidate me and they sure won't in my own home.

I think the look on the burglar's face to see Harve and Chance would be priceless but then to be backed up by you Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01 2013, 18:23

Mani wrote:Internet tough guys. I'd do so and so. Of course you would. Whereas in real life 99% of humanity locks the door and waits for the bad guys to leave while praying the police arrive. Talk is cheap and unless you have previous experience of dishing out violence, or professional training, you're just a victim with an appetite to escalate a property theft situation into grievous injury for yourself. In extreme stress situations, most people freeze and can do nothing but run away. Somehow in this topic everybody has the killer instinct to grab a kitchen knife and go chop chop on another human being. Sure.
Laughing

Selective reading much? Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01 2013, 19:07

I think I misunderstood the question after reading people's replies. I kind of assumed that it was an "I'll jump straight to killing someone for breaking into my home," rather than it being a self-defence thing, or defending yourself and the person ending up death.

Who knows what you'd do for sure in that situation? I wouldn't purposely kill anyone, and I'm small and weak so I'm sure my best option wouldn't be to try to attack someone, but if I did, I'd stop when they were no longer a threat, and I'd feel incredibly guilty if they did end up dying. But if you did kill someone (without meaning to actually kill them), I think you shouldn't have any consequences for it. If you have the misfortune to have someone break into your house, you have a pretty small time frame to do something to defend yourself, it can easily get out of hand and it's no-one's fault but the burglar's.

Still don't agree with going straight to killing them though, of course Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by racamoe Fri Mar 01 2013, 19:09

Well said Tara I agree Smile
racamoe
racamoe

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Holly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01 2013, 23:08

Dave wrote:
ella wrote:I've not read all the replies but this is just my view.

I think the look on the burglar's face to see Harve and Chance would be priceless but then to be backed up by you Laughing Laughing Laughing

probably a bit like Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony n Jane Fri Mar 15 2013, 13:33

Caryll wrote:I do think you should be able to use 'reasonable force' with burglars. I suppose the problem is what is reasonable?

Thats the problem, if like me your no good at fighting then the next best thing is a bat or some kind of weapon, and if you hit someone too hard then you could Kill them. If its him or me i'm gonna hit as hard as i can. Should i go to jail if i kill him? i dont think so.
Tony n Jane
Tony n Jane
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Controversial Polls 14: Killing Burglars. Fair Justice? - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Ella
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and half
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by goldie87 Fri May 24 2013, 10:46

Steve wrote:you dont know if you life is in danger or not i dont think i would like to find out also so if anybody comes into my house they better get ready for the biggest beating they ever had in their life

Totally agree with Steve, you'll never know what a burglers intentions are until its too late, and you don't want to wait around to find out. Trying to kill them wouldn't be my first intention, kicking the living daylights out of them would be.
goldie87
goldie87

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 12
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 25 2013, 12:19

Most people here would of been in sitsuations already in there life in which they know if they would freeze or not. I know if someone broke into my house I would maybe shout to try and give them the chance to run away first, but if I felt the kids of wifes life was at risk then I would go for the kill. I know 100% that most people who rob someone are tooled up even if they are only carrying it for protection so I don't think I will be going in with the intention of just giving a black eye if in return I was getting a knife in the ribs

Back to top Go down

Post by lordmickey Thu May 30 2013, 14:53

if it was the only way to protect my family then yes.

But its easier to really hurt someone (broken leg for one) then killing em.
lordmickey
lordmickey
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Controversial Polls 14: Killing Burglars. Fair Justice? - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Murphy
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by Khye1984 Mon Apr 07 2014, 22:52

My staffy pup is trained to keep burgelers out.
They run the risk of getting licked to death
 Big Grin
Khye1984
Khye1984
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bruce
Dog(s) Ages : 7 month 2 week
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2