i have just adopted a staffie 8 moths old male who was mistreated and got dermatex mange

+7
dave g
Kathy
janey
rebeccaleanne
Sar H
racamoe
costa
11 posters

Go down

i have just adopted a staffie 8 moths old male who was mistreated and got dermatex mange Empty i have just adopted a staffie 8 moths old male who was mistreated and got dermatex mange

Post by costa Thu Feb 28 2013, 01:31

hello guys iv recently adopted a beautiful male pied white staffie who was mistreated by his previous owners .hes got dermatex mites . hes 8 months old and was skinny and got a case off bad mange .his previous owners did not want him and could not be bothered to get him treatment which is very sad.a friend of mine said to me that they knew someone who was going to get there dog but down and pleaded with me to have him.long story short i had him took him to rspa straight away as his skin was red raw and he looked bad .they said he has got dermatex mange .i paid for treatment even thought i could not afford it but its the best thing ive done in ages as me and buster have got a strong bond already even after a week .and i was wondering if any of you could shed some light about dermatex mite as i love this pup cheers ps will post pics soon and how do i do it thanksx

costa
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : buster
Dog(s) Ages : 8 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

i have just adopted a staffie 8 moths old male who was mistreated and got dermatex mange Empty Re: i have just adopted a staffie 8 moths old male who was mistreated and got dermatex mange

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28 2013, 01:52

Hi & i have just adopted a staffie 8 moths old male who was mistreated and got dermatex mange Welcome

Welcome to the staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

If you would like to enter your dog(s), puppy(s) or another pet(s) you may have into our Monthly Competition, voting starts on the 20th of every month, if you are lucky your dog maybe placed on our Hall Of Fame page on our website.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

i have just adopted a staffie 8 moths old male who was mistreated and got dermatex mange Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
i have just adopted a staffie 8 moths old male who was mistreated and got dermatex mange Icon_arrow Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
i have just adopted a staffie 8 moths old male who was mistreated and got dermatex mange Icon_arrow You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
i have just adopted a staffie 8 moths old male who was mistreated and got dermatex mange Icon_arrow How to update your Profile information
i have just adopted a staffie 8 moths old male who was mistreated and got dermatex mange Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
i have just adopted a staffie 8 moths old male who was mistreated and got dermatex mange Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.
i have just adopted a staffie 8 moths old male who was mistreated and got dermatex mange Icon_arrow Make a Donation to help us to keep improving our forum and website.

Back to top Go down

i have just adopted a staffie 8 moths old male who was mistreated and got dermatex mange Empty Re: i have just adopted a staffie 8 moths old male who was mistreated and got dermatex mange

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28 2013, 02:03

Hi and welcome from Me n Steffi Big Grin

Well done on your saving him and getting him treated thumbs up He is lucky to have found you..

Here is a link with some useful information

http://staffy-bull-terrier.com/mange

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28 2013, 02:07

welcome and big respect for the rescue

Back to top Go down

Post by costa Thu Feb 28 2013, 02:08

thanks mate

costa

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28 2013, 05:00

Hi & welcome.

The demodectic mite is present in all dogs but is normally held in check by the immune system. If something affects the immune system (an illness or poor treatment) the mites can get out of control & cause a lot of problems for the dog.

The good news is that treatment normally works well (which treatment did the vet prescribe?) and he shouldn't suffer in the long term.

Can I just say thank you for rescuing poor Buster, I'm sure he's found his forever home!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28 2013, 06:51

Congratulations on your rescue, hi & welcome from us :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28 2013, 08:02

Welcome to the forum and congrats on saving another dog and giving him a good home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28 2013, 08:03

Hi and welcome from us and Suki

Back to top Go down

Post by racamoe Thu Feb 28 2013, 08:10

Welcome to the forum , you will get lots of good advice here Smile Smile
racamoe
racamoe
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Holly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Sar H Thu Feb 28 2013, 09:05

As the owner of a rescue staffy who is aware of the problem unwanted staffies have finding a home I think you are wonderful Big Grin
I'm glad Buster is settling down with you. They are very loyal and rewarding friends Love Struck
Good luck getting the mange and mites sorted. Do PDSA still over discounted treatment for people?
Sar H
Sar H
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maddie
Dog(s) Ages : about 9
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Thu Feb 28 2013, 10:05

hi and welcome from me and tyke.

Well done on the rescue and lovely to know that you have both bonded instantly! you will have a friend forvever!

we love to see pics and when your ready this link below will guide you on how to do it Smile
https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t12018-how-to-post-a-photos-onto-the-forum
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Feb 28 2013, 10:24

Good advice given, hiya from me and Moo xXx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Feb 28 2013, 11:09

Hi and welcome to the forum from Rocky and me.

Rocky is also from a rescue centre and has been with us for just over two years now and we (my hubby and me) couldn't imagine life without him now. You could always try the PDSA if you are finding costs a problem:

www.pdsa.org.uk
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28 2013, 13:19

Welcome and congrats on your rescue! Ebony is also a rescue dog and she's the best dog I could've asked for! I'm sure you're going to have a lovely life together Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28 2013, 13:32

Hi and welcome from me and Vinnie. Well done on the adoption! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by dave g Thu Feb 28 2013, 16:09

welcome and big pat on the back for looking after Buster Big Grin
dave g
dave g

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bauer and pilot
Dog Gender(s) : both male
Support total : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28 2013, 19:17

Hello and welcome from me and the kids Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28 2013, 19:18

Welcome Big Grin good on you for saving him and giving him a loving home.

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Thu Feb 28 2013, 19:23

hia from me and sasha Smile ,well done on rescuing Buster Big Grin
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by bobs Thu Feb 28 2013, 21:52

Hi from Sophie and me, Sophie had demodex mange as a pup but treatment cured her and she is ok now.
We;ll done for saving him.
bobs
bobs

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sophie
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01 2013, 14:22

hi from me and the boys

Back to top Go down

Post by costa Fri Mar 01 2013, 14:23

thankyou Smile

costa

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by costa Fri Mar 01 2013, 14:30

nice dogs you have got there Smile

costa

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by costa Fri Mar 01 2013, 14:35

i gave the pdsa a ring and they said that because i took on a dog that had a skin condition they could not treat him .and i thought that was wrong but i am going to register buster and get him chipped then the might treat him as the rspca is costing a bit but i will do what it takes to help him Smile

costa

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01 2013, 14:40

Hi and welcome from me, Millie and Bella Smile

Back to top Go down

i have just adopted a staffie 8 moths old male who was mistreated and got dermatex mange Empty Rescue

Post by jkriskey Fri Mar 01 2013, 22:51

So grateful you posted being able to rescue that pup. I was wondering though if anyone new of a viable rescue in the US. I have tried to contact many before but they don't seem to pan out. We have a SBT, and would like to add one more to the pack. Anyone know of a good SBT rescue?

jkriskey
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01 2013, 22:53

Hi from me and the girls, well done for rescuing Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Mar 02 2013, 11:03

hi & welcome to the forum Smile

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down