racamoe
jola139
Kathy
janey
Steve.Sanders
35 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How did your dog get their name ??? Empty How did your dog get their name ???

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 18:33

Was their any history or reasoning behind it sometimes there are some good stories to be had out of such things

Tilly was invented between 3 of us in the car 30mins before we went to look at her and take her home with us in a cardboard box

Tommy was named in honor of my wife's very much loved deceased Grandad John Cooper - jus like that Laughing

Back to top Go down

How did your dog get their name ??? Empty Re: How did your dog get their name ???

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 18:36

I wanted to call her Mercedes but couldnt spell it so called her lexus shortened to lexi lol

Back to top Go down

How did your dog get their name ??? Empty Re: How did your dog get their name ???

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 18:36

I think I was talking to an old friend who loves The Avengers and she was suggesting crap names, so I said "Actually, I'm going to name it Thor if we get the boy," so that was the plan. On the ride home I changed my mind and was like, "Loki's a better name because then it's the god of mischief." Unfortunately, if I realised I'd be setting myself up for so much trouble in the future, I might have stuck with Thor Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 18:37

Named after the heavyweight boxer Jack Dempsey. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 18:37

You are on fire tonight Dave Laughing !

Logan is the Wolverine from X-men. I'm a nerd and he is my fav super hero. When I got Logan things weren't going to well for me and having him saved me from a lot of bad stuff that was goin on by giving me something to concentrate on nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 18:38

lol my friend got two ponies and called one loki, she regrets that name every day cause he is a little *

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:01

So we now know not to jinx ourselves by calling a pet Loki Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve.Sanders Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:04

I was thinking of all "cool" names to call her and after a week the wife had disregarded anything id said and turned kids against it too lol then the oh was looking at pics we had taken of her and shouted Koda... off the brother bear film.. as he was a boy in the film i didnt like it til she did a photo comparison... Koda it was and think it was meant to be...

How did your dog get their name ??? Kodakoda_zps191b1370
Steve.Sanders
Steve.Sanders
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Koda
Dog(s) Ages : 30/07/2012
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:05

Moo was rescued as Missy, which became Missy Moo, and now just Moo, my mum still calls her Missy though Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:07

Tilly was named Tilbert by my stepson and then became Bertie to them , is this a younguns thing twisting round names young Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:08

Rocky was already named when we adopted him. We didn't want to add to his confusion - a new home and everything that brings with it - so decided to keep his name. He is a lover not a fighter though Love Struck Love Struck Love Struck
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:19

Steve.Sanders wrote:I was thinking of all "cool" names to call her and after a week the wife had disregarded anything id said and turned kids against it too lol then the oh was looking at pics we had taken of her and shouted Koda... off the brother bear film.. as he was a boy in the film i didnt like it til she did a photo comparison... Koda it was and think it was meant to be...

How did your dog get their name ??? Kodakoda_zps191b1370
I'll agree with that one lookey likey Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:21

Hayley wrote:I wanted to call her Mercedes but couldnt spell it so called her lexus shortened to lexi lol

Is this really true or did you make it up Straight Face

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:25

Debo it's character from movie but he's total oposite.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:25

Dave wrote:So we now know not to jinx ourselves by calling a pet Loki Laughing

Seriously. I named a fish loki once and it was worse than Dexter!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:28

Dave wrote:
Hayley wrote:I wanted to call her Mercedes but couldnt spell it so called her lexus shortened to lexi lol

Is this really true or did you make it up Straight Face

Why would it be made up Crying or Very sad you are always so mean to me dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:30

If somebody told me a story like that you would probably be the first person I would think of , so it's an accurate portrayal of you Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by racamoe Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:37

We named Taz from Tazmanian devil , because the breeder told us he was the naughtiest puppy in the litter Smile also wanted something short .

We are naming our new pup Betty because I like old fashioned names these says ... Sign of getting old Smile

Loving the Mercedes story lol

racamoe
racamoe

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Holly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:39

Dave wrote:If somebody told me a story like that you would probably be the first person I would think of , so it's an accurate portrayal of you Laughing

i don't know if this is a compliment or a dig. im a bit slow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:43

Dave wrote:So we now know not to jinx ourselves by calling a pet Loki Laughing

Yep. Never again will we name any living creature Loki Sad...he has his good moments though I suppose Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:44

Well the OH and stepson believe Vinnie was named after Vinnie Jones! both Leeds supporters (sad I know). But I like to think he was named after Vincent Samoni the italian stallion off "Strictly" Also sad I know!! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:45

Tyke was a surprise for me when i came home from work (we had discussed getting a pup and agreed we would ) and he was just a 'tyke; but has now taken on the name tykees (tyke - eeeeeeeeeeeees) lol by little one
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:46

inez maria wrote:Well the OH and stepson believe Vinnie was named after Vinnie Jones! both Leeds supporters (sad I know). But I like to think he was named after Vincent Samoni the italian stallion off "Strictly" Also sad I know!! Laughing

id believe the vinnie jones one Tongues were leeds united supporters!
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:58

Dempsey's usually just called D. Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by kelpie Fri Feb 22 2013, 20:16

Rolo... Highly original due to his chocolate colouring and caramel tones... And I don't share my Rolo's Big Grin
kelpie
kelpie
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
How did your dog get their name ??? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rolo
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 years old
Support total : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 20:17

kelpie wrote:Rolo... Highly original due to his chocolate colouring and caramel tones... And I don't share my Rolo's Big Grin

He really is a gorgeous colour! Love Struck Could eat him up!

Back to top Go down

Post by kelpie Fri Feb 22 2013, 21:07

Thank you! I'd never seen his colour before, and I've only seen pictures of one other bitch who's similar. Either way he is scrumptious and everyone comments on him Smile
kelpie
kelpie

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rolo
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 years old
Support total : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 21:19

I liked the name Lily and thought Lily Mae sounded good. I love kind of double barrelled 'trailer trash' names. she is Lily as in the flower and Mae as in West. When I got Lola I wanted to call her Lola Rose but my daughter said was the Rose as in West (she's a joker)? didn't fancy a dog with a serial killers name, so as she is white I chose Lola Snow. We also had hamsters called Betty-Jo and Harley Sue Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 21:21

Millie got her name from Millies Cookies, my daughters favourite cookies and Bella is from Bellatrix Lestrange in Harry Potter Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Fri Feb 22 2013, 21:43

Named my girl Diesel after her mom called Diesel as we couldn't agree on a name.

And Tank got his name decided by me... It was a toss up between 'Bear' and 'Tank'

X
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 21:50

We wanted something easy to say and understand in English and Japanese so we chose Suki or loving one in Japanese

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 21:53

jstaff wrote:We wanted something easy to say and understand in English and Japanese so we chose Suki or loving one in Japanese

I must say, that is pretty awesome Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 21:53

I love the name Suki Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather-Marie Fri Feb 22 2013, 21:56

I had a cat called Hendrix and wanted to call Izzy Iggy but my dad said that was silly so my sister said we should call her izzy Laughing
Heather-Marie
Heather-Marie
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Izzy
Dog(s) Ages : 4 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22 2013, 21:58

MatLogan wrote:
jstaff wrote:We wanted something easy to say and understand in English and Japanese so we chose Suki or loving one in Japanese

I must say, that is pretty awesome Big Grin

Hayley wrote:I love the name Suki Big Grin

Thanks Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by asa-james Fri Feb 22 2013, 23:02

After deciding Morgan wasn't a fitting name for her (didn't feel right) I ended up thinking of the kinks song, a wonderful tune about a very butch and masculine lady Smile so that's my Lola, L-O-L-A Lola.

The Bear add on just seemed to fit, as she looked like a teddy bear as a pup.
asa-james
asa-james

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by EmLou28 Sat Feb 23 2013, 01:37

When we got Maggie from the rescue centre her name was Doodle, we didn't like that name so we decided to change it and as all proud parents to be do I went on baby naming websites Smile Said a load of names I liked but OH dismissed them all until I came up with Maggie then OH said what about Maggie May after the Rod Stewart song so that's how we got her name Smile Saying that though we did just have a disagreement on who came up with her name before I posted this Laughing
EmLou28
EmLou28

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maggie- May
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23 2013, 01:47

I used to do Gordan Ramsay impressions in the restaurant kitchen i work at.. Kind of got it from that really LOL... really random

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Sat Feb 23 2013, 03:06

Mine got his name after about a week of him being with us. The first time I ever saw him he was tearing open a black bin bag and ripping the rubbish out of it, the breeder had left it in his yard for a matter of seconds while he answered the door to me, I found it quite cute and funny. When I took him home I came down in the morning to find he'd tipped the kitchen bin over onto himself, I laughed a little and removed the bin, and to my surprise if there was rubbish left lying around anywhere even for a short period he'd have it all over the place, the missus then caught him emptying the recycling box and finding himself another yoghurt pot to chew on, as he grabbed the pot the missus snaps at him "get out the f****** rubbish Stig", I reply with "Stig, where did that come from", to which she replied "Stig of the dump", I finished with "I have no idea what you're talking about, but I quite like that name". He would have been named on his first day home but my missus wouldn't let me call him Chuck Norris, and I wouldn't compromise with Chuck
stig
stig

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stig
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23 2013, 08:54

stig wrote: "get out the f****** rubbish Stig", I reply with "Stig, where did that come from", to which she replied "Stig of the dump", I finished with "I have no idea what you're talking about, but I quite like that name".

So is Stig his short name and he still has the telling off name of "get out of that ....... " rolling on the floor

Don't tell me you don't know who Stig of the Dump was ?? one of the best childrens novels of my time doh Love the story and thanks for sharing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23 2013, 08:55

EmLou28 wrote:When we got Maggie from the rescue centre her name was Doodle, we didn't like that name so we decided to change it and as all proud parents to be do I went on baby naming websites Smile Said a load of names I liked but OH dismissed them all until I came up with Maggie then OH said what about Maggie May after the Rod Stewart song so that's how we got her name Smile Saying that though we did just have a disagreement on who came up with her name before I posted this Laughing

One of my favourite songs Big Grin and she looks like a Maggie , the old names are always the best

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23 2013, 08:56

Jason wrote:I used to do Gordan Ramsay impressions in the restaurant kitchen i work at.. Kind of got it from that really LOL... really random

Hope he doesn't have a temper like big Gordon Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oswald Sat Feb 23 2013, 09:41

Oswald is a not so obvious Doctor Who reference. I am a Whovian in a big way ;D
Oswald
Oswald

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Oswald
Dog(s) Ages : 31/10/12
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by treacle4775 Sat Feb 23 2013, 11:47

Obi came from Hollyoaks not star wars lol. The first picture we saw of him from the breeder he looked like a real cheeky chappy. My husband was trying to think of a name that fitted someone who was a bit cheeky and mischevious. We had been throwing names around and I like Neo but I lost out the breeder rang my husband to ask him if he had a name so they could fill out the paperwork and he just said he's called Obi. I found out via a facebook message lol.
treacle4775
treacle4775

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Obi, Ava, Zac (R.I.P boy)
Dog(s) Ages : 1 year, 12 weeks 11.5 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female, Male
Support total : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23 2013, 17:32

Roxy after Roxy Mitchell in Eastenders ( Blushing )
Vinny after Vinny Jones (And I'm a Man Utd supporter Big Grin )

Back to top Go down

Post by dave g Sat Feb 23 2013, 17:36

Bauer comes from the tv series 24 jack bauer and pilot was the name of one of the first dogs from england to go to the usa and was breed to make the colby breed of pitbulls which are still going today.
dave g
dave g

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bauer and pilot
Dog Gender(s) : both male
Support total : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul H Sat Feb 23 2013, 17:38

Lucy is short for Lucifer, because she's a little devil!
Paul H
Paul H

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lucy
Dog(s) Ages : 1 - 2 years
Support total : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23 2013, 17:39

Paul H wrote:Lucy is short for Lucifer, because she's a little devil!

Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by sonics family Sat Feb 23 2013, 20:52

My 5 year old chose the name sonic....because she ran straight to him, tripped up and rolled into his lap; apparently she reminded him of a hedgehog!

My first staff was echo as when we got to the rescue kennel all you could hear was a very loud bark echoing round...they had called him bertie but it didn't suit him one bit!
sonics family
sonics family

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sonic
Dog(s) Ages : 26.06.2012
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by danielirl Sat Feb 23 2013, 20:58

before take Max home my and my wife said to call him ricky..but when i saw him i said no way this is not ricky this one is Max Big Grin and my wife love the name too, Max from Maximus film Gladiator Big Grin
danielirl
danielirl

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : max
Dog(s) Ages : 11 months
Support total : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum