next time keep 'scamp' on a bleeding lead!!

4 posters

Go down

next time keep 'scamp' on a bleeding lead!! Empty next time keep 'scamp' on a bleeding lead!!

Post by rebeccaleanne Thu Jan 31 2013, 17:28

So on our evening walk it was still light enough to be able to go for some off lead walking, so off we pop it was pretty quite, about 3/4 of the way round tyke 'heard' something and was about to be off which is very much like him these days, so i put him back on the lead and all off a sudden a white staffy pops up from the wood, no owner........so he comes along, his behavior wasn't 'threatening' but it wasn't playful he was very dominant trying to mount tyke the situation could a gone either way you could tell tell wasn't best pleased, then the owner decided that he was missing his dog and called 'scamp' back so off he pops so thought best keep tyke on a lead, low and behold little scamp pops back little more threatening this time, to make it worse tyke is trying to take in the situation so he trying to get away and there both tieing me up am stood on a hill that is pure boggy muck, still the owner isnt bloody bothered so i managed to to get tyke and walk away and so the thrid time it happened id had enough and i lost my rag so i loudly shouted 'can you please get your dog on *swear word* lead (not very lady like but i was feeling threatened) to his reply 'dont worry he wont do anything' what would he a done if tyke was DA?? or tyke just took it wrong way? this totally ruined my walk as he refused to put a lead on so i had t cut mine short on the field to walk on the bleeding road i dont blame the dog just another irresponsible bleeding owner. Am proud of tyke tho he was on edge but he didnt growl think he was just annoyed as i was!!!

rant over angry angry angry
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

next time keep 'scamp' on a bleeding lead!! Empty Re: next time keep 'scamp' on a bleeding lead!!

Post by lizdrum Thu Jan 31 2013, 18:28

I agree with you, it is really frustrating these irresponsible dog owners. I hope you and Tyke r ok. We get this all the time.other dogs not on lead and they run and growl at him, but whose dog gets the blame? Our lovely good natured dog, just because he is staffy get dirty looks from really irresponsible dog owners. Smile
lizdrum
lizdrum
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rafferty
Dog(s) Ages : 7 yrs old
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

next time keep 'scamp' on a bleeding lead!! Empty Re: next time keep 'scamp' on a bleeding lead!!

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31 2013, 18:37

Some people are just daft. If Tyke had been DA Scamp would have been in trouble. I don't understand these owners who let their dogs run up to other dogs when the other owner has asked them to put their dog on a lead. Lola is sometimes DA and I told this lady whose dog was heading towards Lola who was on a lead, the owner said oh he's ok (her dog) and Lola pinned it down and bit its tummy. I would let my loose dogs near a leaded dog if the owner warned me. Tbh I don't let them run over to leaded dogs anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31 2013, 18:48

Sounds like me and you had a similar day then Rebecca! I had an incident with an off lead dog today and the other owner said "just let them fight".

I'm drained. I bet you are too!

Back to top Go down

Post by jojobda Thu Jan 31 2013, 19:34

MatLogan wrote:Sounds like me and you had a similar day then Rebecca! I had an incident with an off lead dog today and the other owner said "just let them fight".

I'm drained. I bet you are too!

Just let them fight eh? THAT makes my blood boil. I would have had to put marley in the car and gone back to give him that "Mike Tyson". It frustrates me as we genuinely love and enjoy our breed, we try to be embassadors, educators, but its people like that, who are the reason for the reputation they have. he should be snipped, we dont need anymore geniuses like him on earth.

let them fight, HA
jojobda
jojobda
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
next time keep 'scamp' on a bleeding lead!! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog(s) Ages : Oct. 16 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 40

https://www.facebook.com/jordan.trott.754

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31 2013, 19:41

I struggled to keep my mouth shut. People can be very frustrating.

Only I'm a big fella and could physically keep them apart. It woulda been a nightmare otherwise. If it was my mum or my girlfriend there would have been no hope.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31 2013, 19:46

I hate that. People are crazy if they think even if their dog is friendly, they're safe running up to random dogs. I'm glad everyone I live has a well-behaved dog, or knows to put them on the lead. I'm sorry it ruined your walk though Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Thu Jan 31 2013, 20:29

MatLogan wrote:I struggled to keep my mouth shut. People can be very frustrating.

Only I'm a big fella and could physically keep them apart. It woulda been a nightmare otherwise. If it was my mum or my girlfriend there would have been no hope.

it just takes mick he could see i was struggling and i was sliding every were. If it would a kicked off the guy was that far away he wouldnt be able to get there in time and very much doubt i could have of pulled tyke away! if chris had a been there id a been fine but tykes a big lad but i am lucky that tyke can take alot..........what happened with your day matt?

Tara wrote:I hate that. People are crazy if they think even if their dog is friendly, they're safe running up to random dogs. I'm glad everyone I live has a well-behaved dog, or knows to put them on the lead. I'm sorry it ruined your walk though Sad

it happens alot tara, i wouldnt mind the guy had an extending lead in his hand for the sake a five mins to put him back on the lead...................
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31 2013, 20:39

Pretty much the same thing for me, careless owner. Very frustrating!

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Thu Jan 31 2013, 22:33

It's funny us"Devil dog" owners are far more considerate than other owners and have the forsight to see trouble coming, maybe we could sell a fly on the wall documentary show, hidden camera's in our coats microphones on our lapels, show this country just who are the troublesome dogs and owners. I think it would be cool to shame some of these abusive ,ignorant horrible people and everyone else would see too day dreaming . These are the same people who clean poop up in black bags very responsible but then hang them on the fences, i will pick that up later, 15 counted today Blushing sorry off topic
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down