Shouldn't he stop it already?

Go down

Shouldn't he stop it already? Empty Shouldn't he stop it already?

Post by jola139 Mon Jan 14 2013, 23:12

I've reading some of the post how some of your babies doesn't nip anymore and it got me thinking. Shouldn't Debo stop that too? He's 10mnth. All was fine and he's started again about month ago. Is it still that famouse teenage time?
jola139
jola139
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

Shouldn't he stop it already? Empty Re: Shouldn't he stop it already?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14 2013, 23:16

They do all tend to go through a stage where they revert to being disobedient pups!

Just go back to what you originally did to stop him nipping & he'll soon respond. Little bugga! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14 2013, 23:32

I've read about these puppies too and obviously am glad that they have learned their lessons fast.

But all dogs, like all humans, are not the same and some take longer to learn certain things than others. My pup is now nearly 13 months old and still "mouthes" to put it kindly (nipping implies a closing of teeth on flesh) when he is being playful.

Like you, I am putting it down to the excitable "teenage" time and am just keeping on with the yelps from me (fewer now as it doesn't seem to worry him anymore) and more stern "No's" and turning of back/ignoring.

We can both only hope we are doing the right thing with our retarded adolescents - any advice anyone?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15 2013, 07:49

Loki still does it with strangers Rolling Eyes which is even worse. So I don't know whether or not it's normal, but it's not just Debo Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15 2013, 07:51

Suki still does it every once in awhile just to see if she can get away with it. Just go back to basics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15 2013, 08:26

Logan is now 13 months and he still does it sometimes with certain people, mainly my Dad because he gets him worked up and over excited when they come to visit. I read once that between 10-12 months they will test you in any way possible. I suppose it was maybe like how we all were when we were in our early teenage years! Laughing

If I think back to how bad it was when he was 10-14 weeks and think how much better he is now....keeps me in a half positive mindset!

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Tue Jan 15 2013, 13:28

And it's again me or visitors, he doesn't do it to my OH . He starts with mouthing like he wants to grab my sleave.I've noticed that making high pitch noise will only wind him up. And he would have that look on his face "what's u gonna do bout that". I have to remove him for time out. I'm not sure it's working because when he's back,he's doing the same.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down