What time are you getting up for the day?

+3
rescuestaffords
mickgill
Oswald
7 posters

Go down

What time are you getting up for the day? Empty What time are you getting up for the day?

Post by Oswald Thu Jan 03 2013, 20:08

Oswald is up between 5:30 and 6am.... Am I destined to become a morning person or does this get better as they get older?

You know that meme

I hate morning people
And mornings
And people

^^yep that is me at 5:30am lol

It's currently 7am everyone else is snoozing...including Oswald who is snoring next to me on the couch...time for coffee number 2! coffee
Oswald
Oswald
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
What time are you getting up for the day? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Oswald
Dog(s) Ages : 31/10/12
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

What time are you getting up for the day? Empty Re: What time are you getting up for the day?

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03 2013, 20:10

Keep your fingers crossed that he'll settle down for longer as he gets older. In the mean time... Keep loads of coffee! coffee

Back to top Go down

What time are you getting up for the day? Empty Re: What time are you getting up for the day?

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03 2013, 20:13

I dont want to s

Don't build your hopes up! Some do wake up later as they get older, but some don't!

Dempsey will generally settle until about 8am, but during the week we get up at 4am anyway cause my oh does early shifts.

Bandit was a bugga! If you woke up & didn't want to get up, you had to keep your eyes shut, cause as soon as you opened them he wanted to go out for his walk!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03 2013, 20:18

Yep! Dempsey does his burpy barks right outside the bedroom door if you don't get up before 8:30.

Back to top Go down

Post by Oswald Thu Jan 03 2013, 20:28

I'll be happy with 7am Big Grin have to get up then to get the troops ready for school.
Oswald
Oswald

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03 2013, 20:31

I'm glad I'm past that now - my troops get themselves ready! Well, Eleanor does, anyway; my son doesn't get up till the afternoon! angry

Back to top Go down

Post by mickgill Thu Jan 03 2013, 20:32

I got up with Duke at 7am when he was 8 weeks at about 12 weeks i would get up at 7am let him out for toilet bring him in then i would put him back in his crate and go back to bed till about 9.30, he is 21 weeks now and wakes every morning at 9.30 and that will do for me Smile
mickgill
mickgill
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Oswald Thu Jan 03 2013, 20:40

Caryll wrote:I'm glad I'm past that now - my troops get themselves ready! Well, Eleanor does, anyway; my son doesn't get up till the afternoon! angry

I have one just gotten himself a full time job! Starts Monday, then one 2yrs off finishing high school, one starting "big" school at the end of the month and a preschooler Big Grin then throw in a shift working hubby and a puppy lol I don't know what day it is half the time lol
Oswald
Oswald

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rescuestaffords Thu Jan 03 2013, 20:42

I am up at about 4am to exercise the dogs for 2 hours before I go to work at 7.

rescuestaffords

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Support total : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Jan 03 2013, 20:53

I think they find there own routine, eventually! We can be up at 6 if I have work, or up at 9 for a little toilet break then quick fast back to bed for a bit of Jezza Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03 2013, 20:57

Caryll wrote:I'm glad I'm past that now - my troops get themselves ready! Well, Eleanor does, anyway; my son doesn't get up till the afternoon! angry

Haha. Laughing Usually, a loud "shh!" will put the Dempsey alarm on snooze for five extra minutes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03 2013, 21:08

You have to allow for puppies with their little tummies and little bowels, but I have always found that my dogs will eventually, as they get older ie not ancient, about 8/9 months or so, will fit into the pattern of the household. Now that I'm retired and have never been a morning person, that means I get up pretty late in the morning and Kuchar is now prefectly content with snuggling up to me until I force myself out of bed!

Mind you, I pay for this in the evening which is his "loopy" time Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03 2013, 22:11

We are usually out of bed by 530 but Suki will stay asleep for an extra 30 minutes and then come join us. By 700-730 she is very active an insists on going out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03 2013, 22:27

Ours get up when we get up and for the little toilet outings inbetween we have a daughter >Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04 2013, 00:06

Loki used to wake up at around 6am to start playing, so I'd dash outside to take him to the toilet. He's fine now, good sleeping pattern. Starts settling down at around 7pm, gets calmer until he has his proper sleep. I wake him up at 7am for a walk, and then his breakfast, then he goes back to bed for another nap while I rest. So they usually settle down somewhat, but obviously it depends a bit on the individual dog too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04 2013, 10:24

Hmm Sorry to say that Steff has got up between 5.30 and 6 and it has not got any later yet Crying or Very sad I don't even need to set my alarm for work anymore as she hs NEVER slept past 6.. Wouldn't mind so much if she at least understood what Sunday is for Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Fri Jan 04 2013, 12:05

Were up at 6 am 7 days a week so are our dogs Smile
Mark
Mark

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04 2013, 12:46

the boys do NOT do mornings haha we tend to get up about 11am but if i'm working (i do nights) then we get up whenever and they never murmur just sleep in bed with us until we get up Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Fri Jan 04 2013, 12:48

Bacchus is not yet 6 months and for several weeks now we have been able to stay in bed until 8.30 on days off ( could possibly leave him longer but that's the latest I get up anyway).
I used to get up and take him out around 3.30 but took the hint when I had to drag him out of his crate. Laughing Laughing
On work days I rise at 6.30 do my ablutions and take him for his short toilet walk before breakfast then one of his long walks around 9.30
reuben
reuben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by goldie87 Fri Jan 04 2013, 13:53

Zeus can get annoying when it comes to morning times, on weekdays when I have to get up for work, hes so lazy, he struggles to get up and isn't really bothered. Come the weekend, when I want to sleep in, hes up bright and early, being a nuisance!

Generally speaking though, hes up around 8am, on weekdays, I'll feed him about half 8 and then leave him for the day. On weekends, he'll get up around 8am to have a wee/poo but depending on his behaviour, i'll feed him early or let him go back to sleep and feed him around 10/11am.
goldie87
goldie87

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 12
Support total : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down